Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Skybox phone connection & number withheld?

We'd been sent about 3 of the standard snotty - 'please ensure both your digiboxes are connected to a phoneline' - letters from sky over recent months. I put the problem down to a bad extension connection and/or broadband filter not being installed correctly.

Anyway, after checking all that and getting another letter I gave them a call. It turns out that the problem is because we have 'caller withheld' on our line as standard. [Why the *heck* they couldn't tell us that in the letter is annoying in itself!]

But then I thought - can I tell them to get stuffed and not put the 1470 prefix into the dirgebox, or is there something in the Terms & Conditions of the contract that forces us to do that?

If a subscriber can keep their number withheld, this would be a loophole for 'neighbourly sharing' of a 2nd subscription wouldn't it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Skybox phone connection & number withheld?

if you have signed the contract then both need to be able to complete call back, as the letters are system genarated their is no way for the system to tell you use number with-held all that shows on their system is call back failed, as you can put the prefix in then it is easy to resolve and no you can't get round the sharing with neighbours sly are one step, put the prefix in, then they are happy you are happy and you neighbour has to pay,
    :kissass :cry: Hmm I wonder which 3 this is ????

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the contract is for 12 months and when u signed it part of the agreement was to keep the phone line plugged in cos this pays for the price of the subsidy for the digibox etc and if you have it unplugged they can ask you for the amount of "subsidy" for cost of the digibox back

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got out of having my Sky box plugged in by telling them that everytime the box was connected, it was knocking my ADSL connection out.
    They did try it on by reminding me that I signed a contract, etc....but I simply responded with "provide hardware that is fit for the purpose"

They never did pursue it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Team
    I got out of having my Sky box plugged in by telling them that everytime the box was connected, it was knocking my ADSL connection out.
    They did try it on by reminding me that I signed a contract, etc....but I simply responded with "provide hardware that is fit for the purpose"

They never did pursue it.

lol beat em at their own game. nice one mate, as they are duty bound to provide a service without affecting any other service you receive as sly used this to great effect when channel 5 started up and the rf frequency 5 use was affecting the sly reception(in the old days before digital). good old sly reffered us to channel 5 who did their best to resolve the problem :whistle

Thanks
    Karma Level

Weird Re: Skybox phone connection & number withheld?

if you have signed the contract then both need to be able to complete call back, as the letters are system genarated their is no way for the system to tell you use number with-held all that shows on their system is call back failed
    What's interesting is that the boxes *were* able to do the call-back - I know that because the customer support person told me that they were receiving the monthly calls from my boxes - it's just that they couldn't tell which number they were dialling from due to my number being withheld. So why should I care about that if I've satisfied my part of the contract?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MarineBoy
    What's interesting is that the boxes *were* able to do the call-back - I know that because the customer support person told me that they were receiving the monthly calls from my boxes - it's just that they couldn't tell which number they were dialling from due to my number being withheld. So why should I care about that if I've satisfied my part of the contract?
    why be hassled mate, i am sure the contract states the location needs to be verified, your other option is pay full subs for both, problem solved and sly wont care where the 2nd box is