Close

Thread: how do i post

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention how do i post

having problems posting anything keep getting told dont have rights please help

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: how do i post

Try Reading the RULES m8
    "Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."

Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Karma Level

rules link in my sig to make it easier...but perhaps check how to get banned as well
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you can't post how did you do this??
    Tommy J

Big is not always better.... Take Fat people for example.

Push down Taps, you know it makes sense. Wash Them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by movieman
    having problems posting anything keep getting told dont have rights please help
    You apparantly have to make 10 'decent' posts before you post anything in the Legal, Sat/Cable TV, Radio Decoding or Biggy7s cheapskates sections. I was trying to answer someone's Sky+ question but couldn't for that reason.

Why can't people just answer queries like this without having to resort to unhelpful belittling 'read the rules' posts. This is easily the most unhelpful, unfriendly forum I have ever come across with senior members and moderators being the worst culprits. Every other post is full of ban threats and abuse.

(I never thought I would come across a ruder forum than the Ebay one but I was wrong.)

Thanks
    Karma Level

the answer to your question is simple:

the forum will get shut down if things get worse. All admin and mods are on zero tollerence to anything that violates the rules, which means anyone, new or old members will be banned for going against what we've all clearly been told not to do.

Unfortunatly ronmanager the 10 posts was set up becuase there are a LOT of new members who come here just for cable info and radio codes (or to access biggy's cheapskate corner). These people had to get filtered out becuase they were just posting stupid questions all the time without reading or searching. At least with 10 posts it helps filter out those who are here to leech. Ther were also members who had beeen here for years and suddenly find they cant read a section and went nuts...what sort of forum needs any of those members...all wasteful.

It's a shame it cant pick out genuine members like yourself that want to help others, unfortuantly there's nothing that can be done. I suggest you go and look around the forum, there should be something that's interesting enough to comment on or something you want to share with us all?

I've also given you some karma for trying to help and not being 'allowed'...in the hope that you stick with it. you'll soon realise this is a great forum but it may be hard to settle into when you can't post where you want...but it's only 10 posts and a hour wait

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by shangrula
    the answer to your question is simple:

the forum will get shut down if things get worse. All admin and mods are on zero tollerence to anything that violates the rules, which means anyone, new or old members will be banned for going against what we've all clearly been told not to do.

Unfortunatly ronmanager the 10 posts was set up becuase there are a LOT of new members who come here just for cable info and radio codes (or to access biggy's cheapskate corner). These people had to get filtered out becuase they were just posting stupid questions all the time without reading or searching. At least with 10 posts it helps filter out those who are here to leech. Ther were also members who had beeen here for years and suddenly find they cant read a section and went nuts...what sort of forum needs any of those members...all wasteful.

It's a shame it cant pick out genuine members like yourself that want to help others, unfortuantly there's nothing that can be done. I suggest you go and look around the forum, there should be something that's interesting enough to comment on or something you want to share with us all?

I've also given you some karma for trying to help and not being 'allowed'...in the hope that you stick with it. you'll soon realise this is a great forum but it may be hard to settle into when you can't post where you want...but it's only 10 posts and a hour wait
    What more can I say....nice reply m8.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronmanager
    I'm new, I'll slag people off who try and help me and compare this forum to the ebay one.
    Nice one mate. You'll do well here. Rules are there for very good reasons. have a look at them and you'll see why.

Welcome in both of you!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

You apparantly have to make 10 'decent' posts before you post anything in the Legal, Sat/Cable TV, Radio Decoding or Biggy7s cheapskates sections. I was trying to answer someone's Sky+ question but couldn't for that reason.

Why can't people just answer queries like this without having to resort to unhelpful belittling 'read the rules' posts. This is easily the most unhelpful, unfriendly forum I have ever come across with senior members and moderators being the worst culprits. Every other post is full of ban threats and abuse.

(I never thought I would come across a ruder forum than the Ebay one but I was wrong.)
    Hey m8, if you don't like it here then you know where the door is. If you would take the time to read through just some of the many thousands of posts by our trusted members you would see that they are all very helpful people who share their knowledge 'free of charge'. The only fee they ask is a little respect and a little gratitude.

The amount of ppl/leechers we get on here is unbelievable so you can fully understand when someone makes their 1st post with, 'Can I have or I need or whatever...', you can appereciate why members get a little pi$$ed off.

Movieman wasn't flamed at all, just pointed in the RIGHT direction and asked to read the rules, something that if he'd have done anyway, he'd have known why he couldn't post in certain sections.

The ppl who have replied in this thread ie. shangrula, bertroot, pongo etc. are some of the friendliest ppl on D-F. They're always on here, and d'ya know what they're doing, helping NOT leeching stuff just giving up their time to help newbies & oldies alike.

If you still feel that this is a hostile place then be my guest and find another forum that has 'nicer' ppl. On the other hand, you could become one of the ppl I've just 'bigged' up by way of sticking around, offering support and guiding new members to the path of righteousness by reading the bloody rules.

Here endeth the lesson. :tongue

Mr Olympia.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i can be mean if i want to

...ok i'm a pussy...

but just as a note, rememeber that this forum has 30,000+ members and grows by probably about 20-100 each day, possibly more it's hard to tell without knowing the numbers. With this volume of people isn't not always going to be an easy ride for everyone. DF has the best moderation I know of on a online forum, also it's member's are not bad either, including it's new ones. Everyone on here is only on the level they put themself at - if that makes any sense...

basically don't let one bad experience make you cast judgement on a lot of people/a place give it a little time and you'll see it's just how things have to be done...

Thanks
    Karma Level

look m8, if you stay here for any length of time (and I have my doubts from what you posted) you`ll find that a few 'newbies' only come here to leeech, be it for codes for mobile phones or cable boxes or bargains from 'biggy7`s cheatskate corner' etc, and they can`t wait, they don`t bother to read the rules and so they post their requests in here or 'forum bug and error reports', and as shangrula says the forum could get into trouble. after a while these 'muppets' start to get on peoples nerves because even when it is pointed out to them that we all have rules we must follow and they really should read them, they dont and continue to post their stupid requests. that is why sometimes replies to posts van be a little curt. if you don`t believe me, check out ' the banned list' or 'the hall of shame'

Thanks
    Karma Level

or all posts by martinc5 hahaha

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree about the people who turn up, ask one question and bugger off again but a simple question like the OP above can be answered without resorting to sarcasm. I managed it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree about the people who turn up, ask one question and bugger off again but a simple question like the OP above can be answered without resorting to sarcasm. I managed it.
    you wouldnt find it quite so easy after the 4 millionth time i'll bet.

the rules and measures that we use may seem like a pain in the arse, thats the whole point. we wanted to stop members who turn up and give it "i need, i want, gimme, how do i? what is, where do i find, can you send me, etc" then **** off with absolutely no input to the forum.

all we ask is 10 posts.... not much, for the info, people and knowledge that is contained within this board.

now, if anyone cant be arsed with making 10 half decent posts, or you dnot like the rules or the way we do things, do you really think bitching about it is gonna change anything?

if you don't like it, you are quite free to piss off back to the ebay boards and leave the contributing members who are capable of waiting 24 hours for access and feel the urge to make some good posts.