Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default The ebay buyers catch 22...

Well I have been aware of this for a long time, you buy something off ebay, fulfill all your obligations in a timely manner, get a bad service, leave negative feedback and the seller does the same out of spite.

This is without a doubt one of the worst parts of ebay (apart from their extortionate charges).

I generally just never leave feedback for such sellers but today against my better judgement I left a neutral feedback and now after looking at others who did the same I see this seller leaves them negs!!

I bought a ipod case off ebay, was sent the wrong one, asked to have it replaced and postage refunded, they said no, our auction says postage is not refundable. I said yes well your auction also says I should have got a case different from this one and he ignored me. Left a neutral feedback saying 'fast delivery, wrong product' which is completely honest and not even half as bad as I would have liked.

This is more of a rant but if I get a neg or neutral ebay can expect a mouthful from me

I think we could start a petition about this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The ebay buyers catch 22...

I fucking hate the system. I ordered some stuff more than two weeks ago and the gut hasn't delivered and has now had 17 negs in as many days and hs retaliatory negged people saying things like

STUPID BUYER, WE'RE CHEAPEST ON EBAY AND YOU STILL COMPLAIN, COMPLETE RETARD !!!
    we're the cheapest on ebay and you still complain ?

Absolute cunt. He had loads of other negs o for people that seem to have been removed but I assume they still show up on the buyer even if his abusive neg doesn't.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Usually the best ebay will do is say mutually withdraw yours and if they agree they will both become a void neutral. Well thats stupid:

a. You arent warning other users about a bad experience
    b. You still lose your 100% positive record

Ebay need to sort this out as it is a major problem, the seller I used now has over 250 negs in the past week...

Thanks
    Karma Level

always has bothered me this but to get around this ebay should (must) make the seller leave feeback first before it can be left.

we do our bit bid, pay fast etc so his feedback should be left even before he posts then when or if it arrives then the buyer leaves his feedback.

my rant over bob

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ebay really should make the seller give feedback before the buyer. The thing is, at the moment, it's skewed in the favour of sellers. More sellers -> more items being sold -> more money for ebay.

Only way I can see it being fixed is if someone digs very deep into their pockets and sues ebay for defamation - in the lines of why we have the new df rules. Sadly, not too many people have a spare few million in their back pockets for the cause so the consumer will continue to get raped. What's the point in laws if we can't use them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agree with pretty much all of the above. As a seller i often leave feedback first, but check before hand the person is happy and content. There does seem to often be a stand off.

As a seller i was left neg fb once. I had listed the RAM correctly in the heading, but incorectly in the listing. The buyer was collecting and was obnoxoius in my home, that aside, i offerd him a reduction or i woudl be happy to arrange for him to decline the goods. He opted for the £20 (=20%) reduction.

he then left neg feedback and a few days after unregistered through eBay.

It is crap, eBay will nto withdraw feedback unless there is a real valid reason. When this happened to me, i read all manor of things leave links in feedback or rudeness and eBay will retract, but i am then sure i will get a warning or worse.

I feel you pain, you certainly shoudl not have been left in this position, i woudl like the seller to have to leave feedback first. That woiudl be a most welcome change, even for me as someone who sparadically sells a lot.

good luck,

Q

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I usually say Bad Ebay seller check his feedback history
    and leave it at that

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

When there was yahoo auctions you could change your feedback, the system seemed to work very well, when negative feedback was left the person who received it would generally contact the other party to ask what they could do to get them to turn it into a positive.

The problem with making the seller leave feedback first is that there are numpties out there that will leave you negative feedback without giving you a chance to rectify the problem which is why I generally wait for the buyer to leave feedback first so that I know they are happy with the transaction before I leave them positive feedback which they don't have to worry about as just by paying they've ensured themselves a positive.

If the buyer doesn't leave feedback first I will contact them to make sure they are happy before I leave feedback.

I'm annoyed that one of my negatives is from someone who is no longer a registered user but the feedback doesn't get removed - this person had a habit of leaving everyone negatives.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Being able to change feedback would be perfect, it would offer incentives for resolutions to be met. I don't understand why ebay hasn't allowed this feature.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

this is the dark side of ebay
    but most people will check what has been said and also check on who left you the bad feedback, and check there history
    but still you lose your 100% feedback
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Right well time to name and shame, the useless fucker has not only left me a negative he had the cheek to request a mutual withdrawal!

Feedback information for item number: 120194487833
    Item title: REAL LEATHER BLACK WALLET CASE FOR APPLE iPOD TOUCH
    Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120194487833
    Seller: e_cell( 127757Feedback score is 100,000 or higher)
    Feedback you left: Neutral feedback rating Fast delivery, wrong item
    Feedback you received: Negative feedback rating READ TERMS OF SALE,POOR COMMUNICATIONS
    Message from seller:
    Date/Time: 09-Dec-07 20:09:45 GMT

Sent this to ebay:

Hello, I have a big complaint, firstly I apologise if it sounds I am annoyed at you, I can assure you this is not the case. I have been trading on ebay for a long time now and take my responsibilites as both a buyer and seller very seriously. If you look at me track record I had 100% positive feedback and I have sold some very expensive items (generating ebay a lot of revenue). Recently I made a purchase from the seller noted below, after sending me the wrong item I emailed him for support using ebays system so you will have logs of that. He requested that I pay for return shipping even though it was his fault that I had the wrong item, as the item was materially different the replacement should have been free. Anyway that is neither here nor there anymore, yesturday I left him a very honest neutral feedback which I thought was completely fair, and I wake up this morning to see he has left me a negative feedback and has requested I mutually remove my feedback. I am sure you will understand this is completelly unfair as he lied in is feedback (proof would be in the logs of the messages I sent him, my immediate payment etc.) This is defamation and will have an impact on my future sales. Now I must request you review this case and remove his feedback. I know ebay says they cannot get involved but there is solid evidence that I am a reputable buyer and seller and his feedback is a lie. Evn if I accept his mutual withdrawal I will lose my 100% positive feedback. I wait to hear your reply, best regards.
    Last edited by evilsatan; 29th January 2008 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

In an ideal world, that would do the job. However, if sellers knew they couldn't get away with absolutely anything, they wouldn't be on ebay. Therefore ebay will sell less stuff, therefore ebay makes less money.

Sorry to say it mate, but I think the best you will get is an automated response vaguely related to your original enquiry, with no details on how to contact a human (that is if ebay actually do have any).

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I have emailed them that and also gone through their feedback withdrawal section, apparently if a remark is defamatory then it is possible to get it removed. All I have to do is persuade ebay to remove it but I bet they are too lazy to look through message logs etc.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Here is a tip for anyone suffering from obnoxious sellers/buyers on eBay.

Goto this address -
    Code:
    http://us.ebayobjects.com/2c;27244793;12515765;n
    This starts a 'Live Help' console and is a direct chat to an eBay representative.

The more thorough and persistent you are about a seller or buyer the better the response, it can depend on the Rep though, if you dont get what you want, just reconnect.

I have so far had 4 negative comments completely removed from my feedback rating after buying online from sellers that are incompetent or unreasonable. They also recieve written warnings from eBay for leaving bad feedback for genuine eBayers like myself.

I also had 2 eBay n00bs who had no idea what they was doing, leave negative feedback (with good comments), they was changed to positive feedback.

Obviously, it's not easy, but the more information and the more you moan about it explaining the whole scenario the more likely you are to get it removed.

The good thing is, your negative comments stay on the sellers account (at least mine did!)

My feedback rating is 100% and I have bought and sold loads on eBay. I have been a member of eBay since 2001 and am not going to allow ANYONE to ruin my reputation on eBay for the most stupid of items I've either bought or sold on eBay.

If you value your feedback rating on eBay fight for it. It is worth it! I always complain if someone tries to ruin things and have always ended up with the result I wanted.

Talking to the Rep one on one is far more effective than complaining by email. They have to try to explain on the spot, if you dont let them justify their failing feedback system (they know it doesnt work 100% and are willing to listen to genuine eBayers!), you'll come up trumps!

Persistence is the key, if you dont let it go, they will help you out.

I am like a dog with a bone that wont let it go!! I've paid shitloads over the years to eBay for sellers fee's.

I just refuse to accept the crap from others that want to try to destroy what I worked hard for!

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Awesome mate, I knew you could talk to the rep but didn't know they had this power!

EDIT: said she couldn't help me but the feedback wthdrawal team could, I have already emailed them so guess I must now wait.
    Last edited by evilsatan; 29th January 2008 at 11:21 AM.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Reconnect to the 'Live Help'. Persistance is key, keep on them.
    The more you moan, the more likely for a quicker response.

Dont let them fob you off, try asking to speak to a supervisor.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe you should try making a phone call to ebay....

Ive had issues with buyers being a pain in the buttocks.... been banned twice for stupid reasons, and just by making a call and speaking with someone direct, they have always re-enstated me, and ive had negs removed once i threatened legal action againt them....

Oh and their number is 0208 0802100

Be polite, and genuine with them.... alsways been friendly to me...

Enjoy...
    Im on a Digital Mission..... LOL....

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well what can I say... I am truely gobsmacked. Not only did I submit the request this morning but there were no queries or fobbing me off, major props to ebay for this.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us regarding the negative feedback you received
    from "xxx" which you would like us to remove.

Once again, I recognise the ordeal you're into right now and if I'm
    placed in your position I would definitely feel the same way. I can see
    you've conducted yourself professionally and honestly all through out
    the transaction and yet it was your feedback that has been besmirched
    unfairly.

I have noted that you consider the feedback you received to be
    defamatory in nature and not a true representation of what went through
    with the transaction. I have thoroughly reviewed your case and as the
    feedback you identified fits one of our feedback removal criteria, we
    will remove it.

It may take a few days for the feedback to disappear from the website as
    this requires input from one of our technical teams. If you'd like to
    hide the feedback in the meantime, you can make your feedback profile
    private.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

eBay is run by people for the people, I know it dont seem like it sometimes because of the seeming lack of support, but as long as you have a valid reason to get the feedback removed and the rest of your feedback is consistently good, if you explain how much it has pissed you off (calmly) they will happily remove "feedback you received to be defamatory in nature".

If you come over as "Mr Attitude" they will obviously give you the finger.

BTW - Well done evilsatan!
    Glad I could help, gives me that warm fuzzy feeling knowing I'm doing my bit for DF!
    Last edited by DejaVu; 31st January 2008 at 03:31 PM.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not sure I would agree by the people for the people (see my other thread about raise in prices ) But their support did surprise me.

Cheers for the tip mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast