Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Need Dvd Rom Help Plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Ppl PLz Help!!

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 PC and i bought the Sony DRU-720a Dual Layer DVD Burner yesterday. Me an my mate got home and went ahead with replacing my old Sony CD writer with the new Sony DRU 720a DVD Writer.

Once the DVD BURNER was installed, we burned a DVD+R disc on it with no problems at all. So therefore, the DRU-702a was working fine and like it should be doing. :thumbs

However, now (after the DRU-720a has been installed) my DVD ROM drive wont read any DVDs. We have put CD's,Mp3's,PC Games in etc and they all read and are found by the PC like normal. However, if you put a DVD in the drive it fails to read it or even show up on the pc. The drive sounds like it attempts to spin and then just stops and nothing happens. :nowords:

My DVD ROM drive which wont read DVDs is A (Hitachi GDR8162B) and we think is using the 0015 firmware.

I would be more than grateful if somebody could plz tell me whats wrong and what i have to do to fix the problem.

Cheers in advance!

Stei !
    Last edited by stei; 14th April 2005 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Need Dvd Rom Help Plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what dvd burning software you using is it different than before,

it could be that the drive has a problem if its old and has been reading backup dvd's this does put a strain on the laser as it has to work harder, it will still play other formats even if the dvd is shot.

disconect the sony and try and read a dvd then.

i have a sony dru720a and works fine with my dvd reader.

hope this helps

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sound like their on the same settings, try changing drives to different ide cables e.g
    IDE1 H/D master DVDrom Slave
    IDE2 DVD writer master

also try removing the dvd rom with add/remove or delete from control panel/system then restart

Hope this Helps
    Known as TC to his friends, he resides in a dustbin, where he gets as much sleep as he can.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Check the Dell Bios to see if it is registering both drives, if not the fix Top Cat gave should work, or set both drives to Cable Select.

Social Networking Bookmarks