Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default hifi recomendations what would u recommend?

I am looking for some recomendations for new hifi folks been ages since I had one so dont know what should be looking for etc.

I do no I want DAB and would like multi cds if possible and want it as cheep as chips as saying goes prob sub 200 if possible or slightly higher

What do u think? I have no prefference over mini, micro or whatever other varient as long as it does that job and has good sound output.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: hifi recomendations what would u recommend?

not sure if you could get something decent for that price mate. i hope you have speakers coz £200 wont get very far!!

with hifis, it all depends on the budget. set yourself a limit and stick to it.

its may be worth going 2nd hand :nowords:

any more Q, feel free to ask
    :thumbs
    Face Your Fears. Live Your Dreams. No Fear.

Thanks
    Karma Level

HITACHI AX-M130 £199
    Samsung MMZJ9DAB £210

I am thinking maybe a choice between one of these 2. Problem I have is I cant seem to find a high street store that has the samsung to hear what the quality is like on it.

I am thinking that the hitachi looks nice and sounds ok but only has 1 cd in it whereas the Samsung has 5 cd changer in it. But I can just cant seem to find the blighter anywhere to compare sound.

Anyone able to check these out and see what you think is the better option? I aint got a clue about tech specs so any help gratefuly recieved.

One thing I have to ask is that it says the dab is band 3 for both of the above models but some have band L but have no idea as to what thats about.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Those 2 are both much the same, they have a lot of features for a small price tag, so I would definitly find somewhere to listen 1st, as the sound quality might not be up to much. It depends what you are after really, you will always get what you pay for with any hifi, but mini/micro systems will never sound anywhere near as good as seperates (imho)

Thanks
    Karma Level

i would definitly look into seperates. my hifi system was £200 for speakers and an amp, plus a radio for about £70 or £80 and everything else is just done by the computer plugged into an input on the amp. my tv also runs through it so basically a cheap way of getting decent sound quality very cheaply (and quite space/money efficent, no point in having a cd player in the computer and another stanalone one, plus mp3s are so handy)
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

As I work for sony I would def agree with Twoplanks, get a set of seperates, by doing this if you cant afford to get the whole system at once you can slowly build it up. If you do decide to, you will need to decide whether or not you want a general Hifi amp, which is 2 channel but you can run 2 sets of speakers, or a Audio/Visual amplifier, which gives you more connections more speaker outputs but will not go as loud as the hifi amp. As for dab, you can now get a seperate dab tuner, but as far as sony are concerned we can never get a good signal in our shop, not a good sales line eh :thumbs Pretty much one of my favourite amps we do is the TAFB940, it retails at £344 but I gurantee you can find it cheaper. If you got any questions regarding Sony, give me a shout.

Good luck :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Deffo seperates ... spend as much as you can afford cos you really do pay for what you get. I would recommend setting a budget of around £4-500 for cd, amp and speakers. Its not gonna be anything spectacular for that price but it'll be way better than a midi or mini system
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

try richer sounds maybe ?