Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Saudi ire at Koran 'desecration'

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Saudi ire at Koran 'desecration'

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> More than 500 inmates are being held at Guantanamo Bay

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->Saudi Arabia has voiced "deep indignation" at reports that a copy of the Koran was desecrated at the US prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.

Riyadh called for a quick investigation into the alleged incident and for the perpetrators to be punished.

It is the first Arab state to comment officially on the reports. Reaction in the Arab world has been muted.

On Thursday the US secretary of state promised prompt action if allegations of desecration prove true.

At least seven people have died in Afghanistan in anti-American protests sparked by the reports.

<!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbg> Disrespect for the holy Koran is not now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be, tolerated by the United States

Condoleezza Rice

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IBOX -->

But Condoleezza Rice appealed to Muslims to resist calls for violence.

The US authorities say they are investigating the allegations.

But head of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Richard Myers, told a Pentagon press conference that investigations so far had not turned up any evidence to back the claims.

Close US ally

"The government of Saudi Arabia is closely following, with indignation, media reports of desecration of the holy Koran at Guantanamo," a statement carried by the official news agency said.

Saudi Arabia "appeals to the concerned American authorities to carry out a quick investigation in the matter".

Riyadh "stresses that in case the reports were true, deterrent measures should be taken against those perpetrators to prevent its recurrence and to protect the sentiments of Muslims all over the world".

<!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> Anti-American protests in Kabul have targeted western agencies

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->

Saudi Arabia is a close US ally. It is also home of Islam's two holiest sites, Mecca and Medina in western Saudi Arabia, and sees itself as a leader of Muslims around the world.

Ms Rice said desecration was abhorrent and disrespect for the Koran would not be tolerated.

She urged Muslims in America and throughout the world to stop the violence.

"I am asking that all our friends around the world reject incitement to violence by those who would mischaracterise our intentions," she said.

"Disrespect for the holy Koran is not now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be, tolerated by the United States," she said. Newsweek magazine first reported that interrogators at the US Guantanamo Bay prison had flushed at least one copy of the Koran down a toilet. The US is holding about 520 inmates at Guantanamo Bay, many of them al-Qaeda and Taleban suspects captured in Pakistan and Afghanistan following the 11 September 2001 attacks in the US and subsequent US-led invasion of Afghanistan.<!-- E BO -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4543373.stm

I wonder if there would be international outcry from Christian European countries such as Italy ( to be specific the Vatican) and Arab states kissing thier arses if it were ever to come out that a Bible was thrown down a toilet in an arab military prison ?

I doubt it very much and rightly so . Shit like this shouldnt even reach the media because its so insignificant .
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Saudi ire at Koran 'desecration'

These f**kers make me laugh, they can abuse, torture and murder their own citizens and imprison foriegners on trumped up charges then torture them, but the US do something to, what is essentially, just a fukin book and they are up in arms.

I am slowly realising the sooner the yanks let Israel nuke these c**ts the better.

:annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie
    These f**kers make me laugh, they can abuse, torture and murder their own citizens and imprison foriegners on trumped up charges then torture them, but the US do something to, what is essentially, just a fukin book and they are up in arms.

I am slowly realising the sooner the yanks let Israel nuke these c**ts the better.

:annoyed:
    Especially when you read shit like this :

Christian services bring Saudi arrests

Tribune news services
    Published April 29, 2005

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Forty foreign Christians, children included, were arrested for proselytizing when police raided a clandestine church in suburban Riyadh. Convictions could result in harsh prison sentences, followed by deportation.

Lt. Col. Saad al-Rashud, who heads a security campaign in the capital, said the believers' meeting place, which displayed crosses, was run by a Pakistani who led prayers, heard confessions, distributed Communion and claimed to heal the sick.

Although the Prophet Muhammad tolerated Christian churches in his realm, modern Saudi Arabia has made it illegal to promote any religion other than Islam and outlaws churches.

Members of other religions generally are allowed to practice their beliefs within private homes but may not seek converts or hold organized religious gatherings.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...ck=1&cset=true
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll be glad when the day finally comes when Oil runs out then we can leave these f**kers to go back to being no more than desert nomads with a tin pot to piss in and a few camels to f**k.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    I wonder if there would be international outcry from Christian European countries such as Italy ( to be specific the Vatican) and Arab states kissing thier arses if it were ever to come out that a Bible was thrown down a toilet in an arab military prison ?
    Such an act would be unlikely for the following reasons:-

Firstly the Arabs/Muslims believe the bibel is divine. your more likely to see a desecration happen in western country by an "Artist" or a wannabe satanist

Secondly these regimes can get any confession/information byan easier method, if you had electrodes placed on your genitals you would admit to anything, if that does not work maybe watching your wife/mother/daughter repeatedly raped infront of your eyes would loosen your tongue, if not having your teeth/fingernails pulled out may help, if your really tough watching members of your family executed.

The CIA are amateurs/wannabe's send the prisoners over to the mid-east where the exeprts will get a flood on info out. either that or a dead body. If not the Mid east then how about Uzbekistan where they boil the info out of their victims.

I doubt it very much and rightly so . Shit like this shouldnt even reach the media because its so insignificant .
    I am sure the the heads of intelligence of all the Arab regimes agree with you, if all methods of torture where publicised Amnesty would be out of a job.

Thanks
    Karma Level

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Koran abuse report 'may be wrong'

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> The report has triggered anti-US rallies in the Muslim world

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->US magazine Newsweek says its report on the desecration of a Muslim holy book by US interrogators at Guantanamo Bay may have been mistaken.

The latest edition says its source is not sure where he saw the assertion that a Koran was flushed down a toilet in an attempt to pressurise detainees.

The original claims triggered outrage throughout the Muslim world.

Newsweek extended sympathy to victims of riots in Afghanistan, where at least 15 have died following the report.

Clerics there threatened holy war unless the US handed over the culprits.

<!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbg> People are dead because of what this son of a bitch said. How could he be credible now?

Pentagon spokesman Lawrence DiRita, quoted by Newsweek

More than 100 people have been injured in violent anti-US protests from Afghanistan to Pakistan, Indonesia and Gaza.

The US authorities had promised prompt action if the allegations proved to be true.

'Sympathies to victims'

"We regret that we got any part of our story wrong," Newsweek's editor Mark Whitaker wrote in the magazine's latest issue, due to appear on news stands on Monday.

Mr Whitaker said Newsweek wanted to "extend our sympathies to victims of the violence and to the US soldiers caught in its midst".

In its new account, the magazine said that one of its reporters spoke to "his original source, the senior government official, who said that he clearly recalled reading investigative reports about mishandling the Koran, including a toilet incident".

"But the official, still speaking anonymously, could no longer be sure that these concerns had surfaced" in a forthcoming report by the US military, the magazine added. Newsweek said that when it told Pentagon spokesman Lawrence DiRita about what the source said, the spokesman became angry. "People are dead because of what this son-of-a-bitch said. How could he be credible now?" Mr DiRita was quoted as saying.

Thanks
    Karma Level

what bollox! what the fook is the world comming to?

"I am slowly realising the sooner the yanks let Israel nuke these c**ts the better."

if anyone will, bush will!

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4549933.stm

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Koran desecration report 'wrong'

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> The report has triggered anti-US rallies in the Muslim world

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->US magazine Newsweek has said it was wrong to report that a copy of the Koran was flushed down a toilet at Guantanamo Bay by US interrogators.

It said a US military investigation had failed to corroborate the story.

It was one of several allegations of desecration of the Muslim holy book made by former inmates of the US detention facility on Cuba.

At least 15 people have been killed in anti-US riots in Afghanistan following the article's publication last week.

As well as the deaths in Afghanistan, more than 100 people have been injured in violent protests across the Muslim world, from Pakistan to Indonesia.

'Regret'

In its latest edition, Newsweek's editor writes that its original source is not sure where he saw the assertion.

"We regret that we got any part of our story wrong," Newsweek's editor Mark Whitaker wrote in the magazine's latest issue, due to appear on news stands on Monday.

Whitaker said Newsweek wanted to "extend our sympathies to victims of the violence and to the US soldiers caught in its midst".

In its new account, the magazine said that one of its reporters spoke to "his original source, the senior government official, who said that he clearly recalled reading investigative reports about mishandling the Koran, including a toilet incident".

"But the official, still speaking anonymously, could no longer be sure that these concerns had surfaced" in a forthcoming report by the US military, the magazine added.

Whitaker told Reuters news agency that he no longer knew whether the occurrence was genuine.

"As to whether anything like this happened, we just don't know," he said.

The Pentagon has said there is no substance to the specific allegation. <!-- E BO -->

Magazines that sensationalise like this should be shut down immediately . We saw it before with fake abuse photos . Dont these greedy selfcentred (unts realise that they are fueling hated and costing our and coalition soldiers lives on a daily basis ? :nono

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What a disgrace. Like the mirror photo's x 10.

Why does everything like this seem to cause an overreaction..? And the US is so far up Saudi's arse it's embarassing. I'm with CJ on the oil.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

The story is that the U.S. guards flushed the Koran down the shitpan, might i suggest that, like ALL other religious "Handbooks" its gone to its spiritual resting ground?

If a Christian bible had been used, then we would have heard fook-all about it. :annoyed:
    We may be critical of the US arselicking to these c*nts, but the biggest arselickers are the BRITISH, tory or labour, they ALL out-lick the yanks. :grr:

As i've said many times before, the only reason the Israeli's would use nukes against its Islamic neighbours is in self-defence.
    "Windows has been unable to detect a keyboard, press enter to continue"

Thanks
    Karma Level

FLUSH TO JUDGMENT
    <!-- end standing head --><!-- head -->
    Palestinians used Bible
    as toilet paper

<!-- end head --><!-- deck -->Muslims' desecration of holy book received little notice
    <!-- end deck -->

<HR SIZE=1>Posted: May 18, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

<!-- byline -->
    <!-- end byline --><!-- copyright -->© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com <!-- end copyright -->

<!-- begin bodytext -->While Muslims have responded with deadly outrage to the now-retracted report by Newsweek of alleged Quran desecration by U.S. interrogators, there was little outcry three years ago when Islamic terrorists holed up in Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity reportedly used the Bible as toilet paper.

Catholic priests in the church marking the spot where Jesus was believed to have been born said that during the five-week siege, Palestinians tore up some Bibles for toilet paper and removed many valuable sacramental objects, according to a May 15, 2002, report by the Washington Times. Newsweek is under fire for a report in its May 9 edition that sparked protests and rioting across the Muslim world resulting in 17 dead, scores injured, relief buildings burned down and a setback to years of coalition-building against terrorists.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=44324

Thanks
    Karma Level

Protesters chant 'bomb New York'
    20 May 2005

More than 100 hardline Islamic protesters chanted the name of Osama bin Laden outside the US Embassy in London today.

The crowd, which is expected to grow during the afternoon, included many men whose faces were covered by their headscarves and at least a dozen women.

Their demonstration "against the desecration of the Koran" was being held yards from the steps of the Embassy in Grosvenor Square, which was guarded by a small detail of police.

The crowd, led by a man on a megaphone, chanted "USA watch your back, Osama is coming back" and "Kill, kill USA, kill, kill George Bush".

They also chanted "Bomb, bomb New York" and "George Bush, you will pay, with your blood, with your head". Angry demonstrators waved placards which included the message: "Desecrate today and see another 9/11 tomorrow."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...9971?source=PA#

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think Bush is a grade A cock but I'm not having this where I live. If I was there he'd be eating the megaphone.

Someone asked me today how Jesus was (they think I look like him) I said the fictional character Jesus was arabic & I'm european so I couldn't look like him.

So many people are dead in their graves because of religion. I know now KNOW that you're here once & that's it, after your innings you're dead. Make the most of it & fuck religion it's only there to control you.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Protesters chant 'bomb New York'
    20 May 2005

More than 100 hardline Islamic protesters chanted the name of Osama bin Laden outside the US Embassy in London today.

The crowd, which is expected to grow during the afternoon, included many men whose faces were covered by their headscarves and at least a dozen women.

Their demonstration "against the desecration of the Koran" was being held yards from the steps of the Embassy in Grosvenor Square, which was guarded by a small detail of police.

The crowd, led by a man on a megaphone, chanted "USA watch your back, Osama is coming back" and "Kill, kill USA, kill, kill George Bush".

They also chanted "Bomb, bomb New York" and "George Bush, you will pay, with your blood, with your head". Angry demonstrators waved placards which included the message: "Desecrate today and see another 9/11 tomorrow."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...9971?source=PA#
    Please note that these spineless twats demonstrated outside the US embassy in LONDON, if they feel so strongly about the matter then why didn't they go over to the US to demonstrate?.......i think we all know the answer to that one.

I wonder how many of these "Devout followers" live off the state, yet want to destroy it? simple solution really, if these arseholes are so offended by western standards then why dont they fook off?? no one will miss them. :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CON-DIGI
    Please note that these spineless twats demonstrated outside the US embassy in LONDON, if they feel so strongly about the matter then why didn't they go over to the US to demonstrate?.......i think we all know the answer to that one.

I wonder how many of these "Devout followers" live off the state, yet want to destroy it? simple solution really, if these arseholes are so offended by western standards then why dont they fook off?? no one will miss them. :annoyed:
    Why were none arrested for enciting racial hatred ?

Chanting Kill USA is about as racist as it comes.

Also Bomb New york is enciting people to take up terrorist activities so they should have all been rounded up and packed off to camp Xray.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why were none arrested for enciting racial hatred ?

Chanting Kill USA is about as racist as it comes.

Also Bomb New york is enciting people to take up terrorist activities so they should have all been rounded up and packed off to camp Xray.
    EXACTLY M8, you can be sure that if the BNP or NF had been involved in similar activities arrests would have followed. :nowords:

Thanks
    Karma Level

wonder if many iranians are complaining about this ?
    reason i wonder is that if iranians are angry, then a coincidental attack on america just like 911 could be used to blame iran and then go to war with them as the obvious plan is to anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>FBI records detail Koran claims

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> More than 500 detainees are held at Guantanamo

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->An inmate at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp accused US guards of flushing a Koran down the toilet back in 2002, declassified FBI documents reveal.

The disclosure follows a row over a similar claim made in Newsweek, which the magazine was forced to retract.

The Newsweek claims sparked protests across the Muslim world, and riots in Afghanistan that killed 15 people.

The Pentagon said last week it had seen "no credible and specific allegations" about putting a Koran in a toilet.

Newsweek last week apologised for, and then retracted its report, after saying it could not corroborate the story.

<!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbg> The guards dance around when the detainees are trying to pray - the guards still do these things

FBI agent's report on detainee's claim

The White House rounded on the magazine, saying its report had done "lasting damage" to the US image in the Muslim world.

But the FBI documents made public on Wednesday, after a request from the human rights group American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), show that such allegations had been made at Guantanamo Bay.

After interviewing a detainee, an unnamed FBI agent wrote on 1 August 2002: "Personally, he has nothing against the United States. The guards in the detention facility do not treat him well. Their behaviour is bad.

"About five months ago, the guards beat the detainees. They flushed a Koran in the toilet.

"The guards dance around when the detainees are trying to pray. The guards still do these things."

Guantanamo 'gulag'

The ACLU said the documents showed the Pentagon was aware of such allegations being made at Guantanamo Bay long ago, but had repeatedly turned a blind eye to "mounting evidence of widespread abuse".

The Pentagon did not immediately comment on the documents, but officials have said recently that various claims made by former detainees have been proved false.

<!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> Protests against alleged US abuse of the Koran continue

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->

Officials say they have begun comparing detainee complaints to see if any are corroborated.

ACLU lawyer Jameel Jaffer said: "Unfortunately, one thing we've learned over the last couple of years is that detainee statements about their treatment at Guantanamo and other detention centres sometimes have turned out to be more credible than US government statements."

Other FBI documents released on Wednesday detailed further accusations, including one by a detainee who said a female interrogator wiped his face with her menstrual blood.

Meanwhile Amnesty International urged the US to shut Guantanamo Bay, calling it "the gulag of our time".

In a report the group said the US had undermined human rights across the world, by trying to "redefine and sanitise torture".

The White House dismissed the report as "ridiculous and unsupported".

Spokesman Scott McClellan said allegations of mistreatment were being investigated. More than 500 people are being held at Guantanamo Bay, the US naval base on Cuba, suspected of links to the al-Qaeda network. Some have been detained for more than three years, but have not been charged.<!-- E BO -->

Thanks
    Karma Level

all this sht in the world over (books)! that are interpited.. however the user seems fit.seems just like the nostradamus book to me. maybe he's another god! ...maybe? lol.