Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Best Steering Wheel?

Ok, now that I can't stop playing Forza, I think I needs me a good steering wheel. I've had a nosey around on the web and can't find any decent non conflicting information. So I thought I'd ask you guys - cause we all know what we are talking about!

What's the best steering wheel for XBOX for £50 or less?
    I'm not fussed about pedals because I hardly ever use them, but am just looking for a robust, positive feeling, accurate steering wheel (last one for PS2 developed about 1 inch of play after a while and it was virtually impossible to drive in a straight line with it - came free with the console).

Cheers in advance for any info.

So you're the slayer. You're prettier than the last one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Best Steering Wheel?

IMO don't even bother with a wheel..they all suck and you'll end up back on the joypad in no time

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just ordered this one from Amazon after asking a similar question on another forum, everyone said it was decent for the price.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Re: Best Steering Wheel?

Ive done exactly the same looked about the net and no answer,or no clear answer anyway.
    I got an Xbox in February for my sons birthday,X3 etc and a 120hdd fitted,before this we had a PS2 each and before the Ps2 I used to play for hours with need for speed 3 and Grand prix legends on the PC. We had two Thrustmaster Ferrari Force feed back wheels,usb and game port connections.
    Before this wheel I had a Microsoft sidwinder and also an Interact V4 which pulled your arms off but was so unstable I had to return it,and a swap for the Sidwinder.
    Anway the Thrustmaster was nice perfectly precise and just like driving a real car,so I wanted this on the PS2. I bought a Fanatec speedster 2 which was suposed to be a fine wheel, it wasnt too bad but far from the precision I was used too.
    It came to my attention that the USB connection on the PS2 may support the Thrustmaster as I was informed so after some tinkering, wow!! it worked ,only on Grand turismo and a couple of others and a slight bug, but it was fantastic again just like the PC.
    So now too the Xbox ,I love this machine and want the same controlled precision I had on Grand Turismo and GP Legends,as ive been spoiled. I cant find any info about this level of control,and I cant understand why the Xbox, which is basically a PC can`t just run a PC force feed back wheel like the Wingman or the Thrustmaster. It has USB capabillity so why not?even the PS2 runs these two wheels on certain games.
    Bottom line for me is not the price ,but I do want perfect steering control with no dwell point,as you say its virtually undriveable.
    Question is what wheel will give me/us this control?
    Fanatec have just release the Speedster 3 which is suposed to be the best ever but is it?
    Has anyone of the boys got this wheel please? Anyfeed back would be gratfully received.
    Any other entrys into the best wheel competition?
    Regards G............ :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't know what to do now then. I ended up back on the Joypad on the PS2 and I don't just want to waste money. The Amazon one sounds OK but I don't like the suction cup idea. I'd like something I can clamp on the end of my desk.

That Fanatec one looks about 75 quid which is just a little bit steep for my liking. So does anyone have a decent wheel that they like or is such a beast non-existent?

So you're the slayer. You're prettier than the last one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've wondered about this for a while too - I've got an MS FF wheel I've used on my pc for ages. Might not be the best wheel but works very well. Would like to try it on my xbox.

I guess I just need a usb/xbox adatpter?

W.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guess thats worth a try with my thrustmaster.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i seriously doubt it guys... although the xbox has usb support... i doubt the games do

the xbox is a bit weird since force feedback was developed on PC and so therefore would have been easy to implement into the xbox... maybe issues with licsensing or whatever held it back, sadly.