Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Pug 106 oil leak

Hello,

I got a pug 106 look 2, had it for about 10 months now and I believe that I have got an oil leak because when i checked my oil there was nothing in it, and it drains to quickly..... also my dip stick doesnt seem to be reading any oil.

Basically I have been told it could be my head gasket that has gone, and i have an understanding that garages make a fortune on the labour charges for a head gasket change......I don not believe it is my head gasket that has gone, because correct me if im right but the head gasket is at the bottom of the engine and I am apparently leaking oil from somewhere at the top of the engine, does it sound more like just an oil seal and a rocker cover? I have been quoted about £300 for the gasket, but i cannot afford it this month, if I kept topping up the oil would it be suitable for another month untill i can afford it? :nowords:

Thanks for any advice

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Pug 106 oil leak

Thats about right mate, The rocker cover seal do break easily and leak on the pugs.

Signs of a head gasget gone are a "mayonaise" like substance from under the oil cap, and the car overheating and using a lot of water quickly. best bet is clean the oil sump plug and filter and rocker cover fill it up and check for fresh oil leeks.

Let me know how it goes mate
    Last edited by GhettoMoose; 24th May 2005 at 05:24 PM.
    FC United Of Manchester

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/madmoose2/ourbanner.jpg[/IMG]

LOVE United - HATE Glazer

[url]www.fc-utd.co.uk[/url]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Great thanks for the reply.... I know fcuk all about cars would it be easy enough to change myself? (The rocker cover that is)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry forgot about this post, It can be done if your that way minded. But i would not recomment for a novice. Get your self a Haynes manual it has step by step instructions in there mate
    FC United Of Manchester

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/madmoose2/ourbanner.jpg[/IMG]

LOVE United - HATE Glazer

[url]www.fc-utd.co.uk[/url]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rocker Cover gasket is at the Top, The head gasket is in the middle, sump gasket is at the bottom. Unless youve got steam comin outta your exhaust then its unlikey the head gasket is gone. The rocker cover gasket is a piece of piss to change and it'll be obvious if it leaking also the sump gasket would be fairly obvious too just give it all a clean run it for a bit and see where your leaking oil (fill the oil first lol dont want you on here with a siezed engine) I have alink for a haynes manual for a 205 that i'll post it has the same TU series engine so has a step by step on how to change the rocker cover and sump gasket. I used it for some help changing my head gasket.

http://www.peugeot-club.com/main.php...anek.php&id=38

the one you want is 0932-02c.pdf

Hope this is helpful m8 if you get stuck gimme a shout and Id be happy to help

^Ac|d^

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not quite true the pug engines are common for the head gasket to blow on the corner nearset to the alternator and the oil comes out there rather than into the water ways or combustion chamber, the head gasket is quite close to the top aswell.

Saxo's are the same.

As you look under the bonnet standing at the front of the car the left hand side near the rubber belt will be leaking.

hope this helps.
    Lots of my repairs and pictures of retro stuff on my twitter.

https://twitter.com/Big_ted1?t=s9zEZ...Z-npEyeKA&s=09

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah ok fair nuff If your brave enough changing your head gasket isnt that hard it is a long winded affair though and much care must be taken! I was dubious as I'd never changed one b4 but I decided Id give it a shot and all turned out fine but I read ALOT about changing head gaskets on various cars and the 106 b4 I went ahead with it as I didnt want to fuck it up

^Ac|d^

Thanks
    Karma Level

Take a look at the floor where you park your car and if it is 'just' a leak you have and not the head gasket that has gone, there will be an oil stain there! And if the oil is dissappearing as fast as you say, it'll be a fairly big stain!!