Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default A Star Wars Rant

Ok, if you haven't seen the film do not read on.

Ok, lets begin, I am a Star Wars Fan but in epsoide three there is a few inconsistancies. Ok What was the point of the Wookie's being in it, Obviously in a A New Hope Chewbacca got have made Luke aware of who his father is.

I know the obvious answer is Chewy can't talk, but I retort how did he get his name, he isn't a pet dog, plus Han Solo undertood him, so he could have translated.

Also when the wookies where building the death star at the end of epsiode three, why wasn't Chewy able to tell Obi Wan, what it was in a New Hope. Do you remember they discussed what is it and Obi Wan was horrified.:nowords:

The title of epsiode three was also poor what was the sith revenging against, seems so odd. Plus there was no mention of siths in the original three.

In the Empire Strikes Back Luke goes and see Yodi for further Jedi training. And Obi-Wan shows up (A Ghost), Yodi doesn't want to train him, remember, he is too head strong and Obi Wan states wasn't I when you trained me. Yodi didn't train Obi Wan.

Thought I'd bring this to light, more later
    I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I am Perfect!!! :thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: A Star Wars Rant

Quote Originally Posted by theduke
    Ok, if you haven't seen the film do not read on.

Ok, lets begin, I am a Star Wars Fan but in epsoide three there is a few inconsistancies. Ok What was the point of the Wookie's being in it, Obviously in a A New Hope Chewbacca got have made Luke aware of who his father is.

I know the obvious answer is Chewy can't talk, but I retort how did he get his name, he isn't a pet dog, plus Han Solo undertood him, so he could have translated.

Also when the wookies where building the death star at the end of epsiode three, why wasn't Chewy able to tell Obi Wan, what it was in a New Hope. Do you remember they discussed what is it and Obi Wan was horrified.:nowords:

The title of epsiode three was also poor what was the sith revenging against, seems so odd. Plus there was no mention of siths in the original three.

In the Empire Strikes Back Luke goes and see Yodi for further Jedi training. And Obi-Wan shows up (A Ghost), Yodi doesn't want to train him, remember, he is too head strong and Obi Wan states wasn't I when you trained me. Yodi didn't train Obi Wan.

Thought I'd bring this to light, more later
    Anakin and obi wan never went near the wookies it was only yoda - then the clone army turned on the Jedi and forced Obi Wan and Yoda into hiding - the rest of the Jedi were killed so the galaxy would presume Anakin was dead as well.

When he became Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker ceased to exist

Chewies growling is the wookie language - Han solo understands wookie as does Yoda it is possible that Obi Wan knows it as well

I didn't see wookies build the death star - all i saw was Palpatine and Vader on the bridge observing in the distance he death star being built.

but any wookies building the death star would be slaves and wouldn't be able to communicate with Chewbacca. This was a top secret military project not any old Tom Dick or Harry is going to be allowed to wnander into the construction site.

The sith is revenging against being forced into hiding for many centuries and losing their power.

Yoda never trained obi wan - true but he may trained him as a younglin, remember episode 2 when Obi Wan asks yoda about hte missing planert and yoda is training the youngsters?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some very valid points made there, food for thought

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by theduke
    Obviously in a A New Hope Chewbacca got have made Luke aware of who his father is.
    Not that many new who the father of the twins was. Remember, even Obi asks Padmé "Anakin is the father isn't he?"
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

The surname Skywalker, would have been a huge giveaway,

Thanks
    Karma Level

I dunno, As Obi-wan was sleeping with Padme and Yoda as he was a bit of a swinger. He might have been the father.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe you should send your thought to Mr Lucas and he might make episode 7 to clear it all up. I wouldn't worry about it, it's just a film, most of the films these days make no sense, it's just there are now 6 Star Wars films to confuse everyone even further as to what the hell is going on and make you waste your life trying to analyse it all so you walk around thinking of nothing else except Star Wars, you then become a "Lucas" slave and can control you and he then rules the Universe , seems to be working in your case
    360 ID: Symate

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think that the latest 3 films have had possible the most implausible wooden plotlines I have come across in a longtime.......

Why did it take them over 2 and a half films to twig that the Sith were up to mischief?

Why if they have the Force did the Clones whip the Jedi so easily?

And why did the hardest b@stard they have got run off and hide in a swamp for 20yrs when he should have surgically taken out Darth & the Emperor and freed the galaxy of tyranny? Good with the proverbs but not so hot on the tactics hey?

These films are the greatest of disappointments - I'm going to go and read my Lensman Series again, maybe Lucas should have read them more closely or stick to making computer games......
    I always wear black and I always will, cos I'm dressing for your funeral.

All my life
    What I mistook for friendly pats on the back
    Were really the hands that pushed me further and further down,
    the more I struggle, the less I achieve.

Thanks
    Karma Level

none of you have a clue do you

Thanks
    Karma Level

I do, it's George Lucas = Bad writer

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is a bit deja vu. It's like the argument from 15 years ago about how many Delorean's there were in the Back to the Future films - pointless and pedantic.

Just enjoy the films for what they are - entertainment - rather than nit picking the story apart :nowords:

ABCMan

Quote Originally Posted by The Toker
    Just enjoy the films for what they are - entertainment
    obviously you didnt watch episodes 1 or 2 then, because "entertainment" isn't how i would have described them

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ABCMan
    obviously you didnt watch episodes 1 or 2 then, because "entertainment" isn't how i would have described them
    I enjoyed both 1 & 2 for differing reasons.

My Psych tells me as soon as I stop thinking my car is a pod racer I can come off the tablets too :whistle

ABCMan

I enjoyed both 1 & 2 for differing reasons.
    i'm getting a wall painted today, maybe you'd like to come and watch it dry :tongue

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ABCMan
    i'm getting a wall painted today, maybe you'd like to come and watch it dry :tongue
    How ****ing funny is that!!!! karma given for making me laugh
    360 ID: Symate

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is a bit deja vu. It's like the argument from 15 years ago about how many Delorean's there were in the Back to the Future films - pointless and pedantic.

Just enjoy the films for what they are - entertainment - rather than nit picking the story apart :nowords:
    Tis good to enjoy films for what they are, but it's also a lot of fun to talk about them and pull them apart I reckon.

Personally I enjoy spotting glaring plot holes and inaccuracies. All good fun.
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

1 and 2 weren't great - only good thing about 2 was the yoda fight scene. I did enjoy 3 very much. Only one thing really bothered me - when sammy L was about to arrest the emperor, his guards were beaten down a little to easily for Jedi's i thought - but other than that, what a class film - well worth the entrance fee!
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Ball
    1 and 2 weren't great - only good thing about 2 was the yoda fight scene. I did enjoy 3 very much. Only one thing really bothered me - when sammy L was about to arrest the emperor, his guards were beaten down a little to easily for Jedi's i thought - but other than that, what a class film - well worth the entrance fee!
    same thoughts here, sideous just pushed his sabre in them, no defence whatsoever:nowords:

Thanks
    Karma Level

All and all, I enjoyed the movie in spite of its flaws. Now before all the Fans crucify me, let me just say this. George Lucas is an imaginitive story teller, and You could do little to convince me otherwise. But Episode 2 and three are hinged on a complete and utter mistake.

I don't care how benevolent a democracy you have, you could not have a GALACTIC government without a standing army. You couldn't even think about maintaining your government without it. With the Jedi being so few in number, and the galaxy would erupt in chaos if they didn't have one. There would have to be a complete lack of a criminal element in order for something like that to work. And that would mean in those worlds that were not a part of the republic as well.

They would need a standing army to combat piracy, protect fringe worlds from outside incursion for non-aligned hostile worlds, and to maintain other mundane policing functions on a galactic scale.

Even if they didn't maintain a consolidated body of troops, they would have had plans to press member world militia forces into service in times of galactic peril. So being forced to accept a clone army because none exist is a terrible storytelling mistake.

And from a Military stand point--No commander in history would have accepted that clone army. They knew that the clone army was not ordered by the republic, but rather by Darth Tyrannus. With that said, why would you use troops that were ordered specifically to serve your enemy? The idea of a post hypnotic suggestion to betray anyone other than the one who ordered them would have been the first thing I would have suspected. That would be like the French buying guns from the Germans before they invaded, and wondering why they didn't work when they tried to use them.

I enjoyed watching the movie, but those two points alone made the story feel contrived. And Anakin's fall from grace was too sudden. You remember how Obi Wan said that Darth Vader was seduced by the Darkside. I would have thought that a seduction of this nature would have occurred over a number of years, instead of one incident bringing him to it, it would have been a slip hear, a rationalization there and all of a sudden he's found he can't go back.

With all that said, I have to say that Obi Wan and Annakin's duel was enough to make me like the movie in spite of such things.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why didnt they impose code 66 (or whatever it was that turned the clones againt the Jedi's) in the arena in attack of the clones when all the Jedi's were as good as beaten, when Yoda turned up with them all?

Apart from the indescrepencies here and there I thought all the star wars have been really good, Ive watched the 1st b4 i watched the 3rd the re-watched the last 3. I liked em all
    If nature always takes the easiest route, what's easier...?
    The creation of billions of galaxies each containing trillions of stars each with their own solar systems, some with planets that have evolved civilisations with billions of different life forms. OR The creation of just your imagination?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast