Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Domain name help ...

Over the years I have registered domains with no problem at all, they were all available at the time and registration was easy. About six months ago I grabbed retroremakes.com after tracking it for three years, when the last owner decided not to renew I followed it thru the various stages of "de-regging" as detailed here.

Now there is another domain I am after for a new business venture that the owner failed to renew. It expired on 17/04/05 and has been thru various stages of "de-regging" and had got to REGISTRAR-HOLD status.

REGISTRAR-HOLD STATUS
    The registrar of the domain sets the domain to this status. The domain can not be modified or deleted when in this status. The registrar MUST remove REGISTRAR-HOLD status to modify the domain. The domain can be renewed. The domain SHALL NOT be included in the zone file when in this status.
    Merrily following it along and it looks like today the domain was regged for another year (until 17/04/06), but by the domain registrar and NOT by the original domain holder. The domain status is STILL showing as REGISTRAR-HOLD.

Does this mean that the Registrar thinks there is some value in the name and may be holding it in case the original owner still wants to renew it ? Will it still follow the "de-regging" process that started on the 17/04/05 - because it seems strange that they have bothered re-regging now. Or should I just forget it and spend another week looking for another decent name !!

Any useful help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Domain name help ...

with the people i register my domains with, if a domain expires, it goes into emergency renewal status for a month where you can renew it and the domain is still online, then it goes into another state called Redemption Status where it costs a lot more to bring it back to life and the domain is offline
    after those 2 months are up, the domain is released back to be renewed by anyone.

maybe the one you looked at was in the second state and the owner paid the money to bring it out of redemption status ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Domain name help ...

I feared he may have re-regged it during the 2nd period of renewal. But I am still not 100% convinced that the old owner is the one that has done it. Just have to wait and see - if not its back to hours pouring over a whois and a dictionary !!