Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Captain jackie leaves the sinking ship

McNamara Deal Completed
    Wolves this afternoon completed the signing of Jackie McNamara. The 31-year-old has signed a two-year deal with Wolves after his contract expired at Celtic.

He admitted that it was difficult to end his ten-year stint with the Glasgow club, but added that he was looking forward to helping Wolves regain their place in the Premiership.

"It was a big wrench to leave Celtic after ten great years and it was particularly disappointing with the way it all finished," he told the press gathering at Molineux.

"But now I'm looking forward to a new challenge. I believe that this club has got a fantastic chance of getting into the Premiership and hopefully it will be next season.

"I spoke to Kenny Miller recently about Wolves and he spoke highly of the management and the club.

"And Wolves showed a great desire to get my services and that's what made my mind up.

"Glenn Hoddle made me feel welcome and he told me of the club's ambitions and the style of play he likes and I found it all very exciting."

Jackie can play in midfield or defence and when asked what his preference was his responded by saying: "I'll play anywhere Glenn wants me to play.

"It's been just over a week since I first spoke to Glenn and last night I gave him my word that I would be signing.

"This is a Premiership club in the wrong division and my ambition is to be part of the team that gets us up."

Jackie's move has come as something of a surprise north of the border and Celtic made a last ditch attempt to keep hold of their captain who said: "Celtic offered me a new deal and I even spoke to them on my way down - but I'd made my mind up and given my word about coming to Wolves.

"I'd given Celtic every opportunity to get my services again but they took a long time to make me an offer. I had ten great years there and I'm still a supporter of the club.

"But Wolves came in and made me feel important and I'm very grateful about that."

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Captain jackie leaves the sinking ship

my old school mate was jackie's nephew ;P

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Captain jackie leaves the sinking ship

just like henstink he took his money and ran lmao:tongue :tongue :tongue