Close

Thread: Torrents

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Torrents

Getting Batman Begins and am pig sick of getting to certain stages then having about an hours activity. The thing is being leeched like a cow in vampire bat season but jesus it is taking its time. 2 meg connection is not really helping me out here at all. 16 seeds of which I am attached to 0 and 3890 leeches of which I am attached to 78. My share ratio is 1.216 which is wrong when your download speed is eight times faster than your upload.

Bah.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Torrents

Idea for you mate.

Goto the cinema to see Batman Begins. Journey there and back aswell as the movie will take around 3-4 hours?

When you get home it might have finished lol.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

ABCMan

do you want to break the sad news about the missing 20 mins from the first release or shall i?

there are 3 versions out so far i believe
    pot cam vcd
    camex proper cam vcd
    offend proper cam svcd (video from a russian ts)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Get into newsgroups mate you'll never use torrents again

I'm on cable 2Mb & download at max speed, about 1MB every 4 seconds
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive been using a friends newshosting/newzbin account. i was looking forward to trying it out as ive only ever used torrents...

and i have to say, NG's suck absolute ass. everything takes so fucking long to appear. i used to have episodes of 24 downloaded and watched using torrents before they even appeared on the NG.

granted the instant speed is nice... but i can achieve the same with good torrents for free. and i can get stuff a lot quicker as most things appear on torrents quicker than NG's.

that could be just the kinda stuff i download tho.. mostly tv eps and albums. i go to the cinema nearly twice a week so i dont really dl much in the way of movies. the quality is always shite at release anyway unless its oscar season when all the movies are dvd screener rips

and another thing.. fucking corrupt rars/incomplete posts i absolutely refuse to install some fucking par program to reconstruct the corrupt shit that gets posted...

torrents just appeal soo much more... as long as you know where to look torrents are just as good if not better than NG's. for free.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast
    Get into newsgroups mate you'll never use torrents again

I'm on cable 2Mb & download at max speed, about 1MB every 4 seconds
    I am alread using ngs but stuff is out quicker on torrents and at least I have a good idea if the stuff I am getting is complete. I use pipex for my news service as I pay enough for my package to make me unwilling to go elsewhere to pay for another service. Maybe I need to find some new trackers....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

pipex actually provide you with 10gb per month of giganews access, although it's capped to 2 connections and 20 or 30KB\s

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by NuMbNuTz
    pipex actually provide you with 10gb per month of giganews access, although it's capped to 2 connections and 20 or 30KB\s
    Am aware of that and it is too slow and too capped. I only have a gig left this month as it stands. I rarely get 45kbs from both connections anyway.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode
    and another thing.. fucking corrupt rars/incomplete posts i absolutely refuse to install some fucking par program to reconstruct the corrupt shit that gets posted...
    Fair do's on your other points but that's just being stubborn. Par2's are always included in the nzb's I use but I only need them 50% of the time.

I'd rather use an nzb rather than be at the mercy of seeders. I also use a cable providers' newsgroup service which is free. I'm not eagerly awaiting every release, just downloading what I want of the content on nzbzone If something I try isn't there I just try something else instead.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

wow , a whole 10gb every month? on a 2mb line I do 15 gb a day .....so what do I do on the other 30 days then?????If all the games, utils, music and movies aren't worth 2 quid a week then how much are they worth??