Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Letter to the terrorists, from London

What the fuck do you think you're doing?

This is London. We've dealt with your sort before. You don't try and pull this on us.

Do you have any idea how many times our city has been attacked? Whatever you're trying to do, it's not going to work.

All you've done is end some of our lives, and ruin some more. How is that going to help you? You don't get rewarded for this kind of crap.

And if, as your MO indicates, you're an al-Qaeda group, then you're out of your tiny minds.

Because if this is a message to Tony Blair, we've got news for you. We don't much like our government ourselves, or what they do in our name. But, listen very clearly. We'll deal with that ourselves. We're London, and we've got our own way of doing things, and it doesn't involve tossing bombs around where innocent people are going about their lives.

And that's because we're better than you. Everyone is better than you. Our city works. We rather like it. And we're going to go about our lives. We're going to take care of the lives you ruined. And then we're going to work. And we're going down the pub.

So you can pack up your bombs, put them in your arseholes, and get the fuck out of our city.

Source: The London News Review

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Letter to the terrorists, from London

Never even heard of that website?

I hate people that say stuff like this, and even Mr Blairs speeches "you will not scare us, you will not defeat us"... THIS JUST GIVES THEM MORE REASON TO TRY HARDER

All well and good Mr blair saying we will not be terrorised, but we were last week. We will not be scared by these tactics, but we are now.

I know ill certainly have thoughts in the back of my mind using any public transport in london, or anywhere for that matter.

I know people are angry and saddened by the events of last week, stuff like this does NOTHING, much like last weeks events didnt achieve much, other than show that these people are ready to take innocent lives (of all religions) for whatever fucked up cause they believe in.

And the thing that pisses me off the most, little muppets who type that shit up think they are safe behind their computer screens saying that. It doesnt make the situation better, it just causes a lot more hatred and looking at the news over the weekend, that hatred over last weeks events is being directed at the wrong people.
    Last edited by Andy; 11th July 2005 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What a load of old wank, I'm sure Al Q have already thrown their semtex in the dustbin after reading that............. :nono

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Never even heard of that website?

I hate people that say stuff like this, and even Mr Blairs speeches "you will not scare us, you will not defeat us"... THIS JUST GIVES THEM MORE REASON TO TRY HARDER

All well and good Mr blair saying we will not be terrorised, but we were last week. We will not be scared by these tactics, but we are now.

I know ill certainly have thoughts in the back of my mind using any public transport in london, or anywhere for that matter.

I know people are angry and saddened by the events of last week, stuff like this does NOTHING, much like last weeks events didnt achieve much, other than show that these people are ready to take innocent lives (of all religions) for whatever fucked up cause they believe in.

And the thing that pisses me off the most, little muppets who type that shit up think they are safe behind their computer screens saying that. It doesnt make the situation better, it just causes a lot more hatred and looking at the news over the weekend, that hatred over last weeks events is being directed at the wrong people.
    In the defence of Mr Blair, he can't win either way. If he bows down to it and doesn't show defiance then everything thinks this is the way to achieve stuff. If he shows defiance, people moan and terrorists may try harder.

I think myself he's dealt with it very well considering, and in my opinion has come out of it all looking well, saying and doing all the right things.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

There was a really good readers letter in the London Metro paper this morning. Anyone still have the paper? Could you type it up on here please?
    ta

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZX7R
    There was a really good readers letter in the London Metro paper this morning. Anyone still have the paper? Could you type it up on here please?
    ta
    Is this it?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/19787423
    -
    Impossible Is Nothing!
    SleepWhenYourDeaad

Thanks
    Karma Level

Reads like some Chav 16 year old wrote it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Best thing to do with terrorist events is to ignore them - that way they are having no effect on you and not letting the terrorists get out of it what they want.

oE.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -NEO-
    nope, that points to a news story.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by oE
    Best thing to do with terrorist events is to ignore them - that way they are having no effect on you and not letting the terrorists get out of it what they want.

oE.
    How do you ignore them when bombs are going off and people are dieing around you?

Most of the people in London cannot ignore this!

Makes me glad to live in a small town!
    -
    Impossible Is Nothing!
    SleepWhenYourDeaad

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yea yea London London London sick of hearing about this now I dunno about you but i have been living under terrorists bombings my whole life. I was caught up in the IRA Manchester bomb a few years back.

So this time its not Irish blokes this time but prob home grown Muslim guys from the UK. At the end of the day we are still getting blown up and no doubt for years to come the same thing so just get on with your life instead of living under the terrorist threat nowt we can do about it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

How do you ignore them when bombs are going off and people are dieing around you?

I don't think he meant ignore them as such, I think he meant don't let it seem as though the country grinds to halt because of it, and don't have politicians giving more "war on terror" speaches. Most importantly don't retaliate by attacking innocent religious/ethnic minorities in the UK.

Nobody can ignore this kind of thing. But we can give terrorists the message that this sort of action will get them no-where.
    -=+PhliX+=-

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

A bit off topic, but this was attack against the UK and London would be the best place to do this.
    I feel horrible to what has happened to your country. It's really scary what that type of culture is capable of, I mean all these bombings and beheadings. Has it always been like this, and only as an adult you pay more attention to this?

That said, I have no idea how our and the US military were depicted in Afg and Iraq by the media. Maybe the locals/ordinary people were thinking just like I am now?
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had to use the tube a few times over the weekend. Passed through Kings Cross (just stops, doesnt open). Very strange feeling as you pass through, makes you think and worry everytime you hear a strange noise! So you are right we (Londoners, or fake Londoners in my case lol) cannot ignore this.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

The only reason they bomb us is for the OTT media coverage we and the yanks have. Why must we have several channels reporting every little detail 24/7. They should put a media blanket over stuff like this. If it was not reported in this way then the effect would be lost for the terrorists. Im not saying that we should not know about the incidents but they should be fed through the media in a more day to day manner like the six o clock news.

Its like when the war in Iraq was in full flow. They had reporters standing behind snipers while they picked off the enemy. sensationalising what was going on. Its fucking sick!

Thanks
    Karma Level

"The only reason they bomb us is for the OTT media coverage we and the yanks have."
    .........now I understand

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by oE

oE.
    good thinking batman! what fooking space shuttle have you just got off?
    [img]http://digital-forums.com/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] [size=2]eye,eye.[/size]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beekae
    "The only reason they bomb us is for the OTT media coverage we and the yanks have."
    .........now I understand
    Good thinking media coverage saves lives you should be in band aid mate we are number two on the terroist list thats why!
    [img]http://digital-forums.com/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] [size=2]eye,eye.[/size]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Been using the Tube and Trains again all this week.
    I'm not scared just more vigilante as everybody should be.
    But looking around it's the same old story, every miserable fucker has the nose in a book or a paper and looks nobody else in the eye.
    At the end of the day we have been expected this for years, all you can do is get on with your lifes.
    If some crazy fucker is hell bent on blowing themselves up and takng people out with them they will, fuck all we can do about it.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tombott
    Been using the Tube and Trains again all this week.
    I'm not scared just more vigilante as everybody should be.
    But looking around it's the same old story, every miserable fucker has the nose in a book or a paper and looks nobody else in the eye.
    At the end of the day we have been expected this for years, all you can do is get on with your lifes.
    If some crazy fucker is hell bent on blowing themselves up and takng people out with them they will, fuck all we can do about it.
    yup. Got the Victoria line from Finsbury park. Everyone going about their normal routine, including me, reading the metro paper as per usual. tube stopped but didn't open its doors at kings cross which was very spooky and sad.

hopefully if there's any other twats like the lads who committed this crime they will realise that does fuck all to affect the public's attitude. Unless of course religious hatred is also a plan of their actions.

There is some good news from all of this though. As the tubes aren't in full working service I'm having to get the bus occasionally, thus I'm seeing a lot more birds on the street in low cut summer tops. fnaar fnaar