Close

Thread: Second Income?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Second Income?

Hi, looking for some ideas.
    I currently work full time as an IT Technician, fixing PC's, phones, software, the usual stuff .
    I have got myself into a bit of a rut financially :| and the only way out that I can see is to earn a second income. Does anyone have any ideas? :nowords: I've applied for some bar work but i'm still waiting to hear back from that.
    I appreciate any response, thanks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Second Income?

I want a second Job to keep me from spending all me cash down at the pub playing pool and drinking the amber nectar.

Thing is we operate and on call out of hours service which I do for 15 days each month. (you get 2hrs pay for every 24hrs your on call its not bad.) But it does limit you when looking for a second job.

How bout working @ the local bp/shell garage? its piss easy but maybe a bit borin
    "The cream has floated to the top" - Midnight_Toker on his work fantasy football team's recent form 08.11.06

Thanks
    Karma Level

That's the problem mate, I get bored easily. That's why I thought of bar work. I'm trying to get into the Vue Bar in Widnes because at least it's lively and it's open til late so I can get some decent hours in!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tawnmik
    That's the problem mate, I get bored easily. That's why I thought of bar work. I'm trying to get into the Vue Bar in Widnes because at least it's lively and it's open til late so I can get some decent hours in!
    Plus there maybe some fit chicks behind the bar or the drunk ones that need a "lift" home:whistle

Its a tough one getting a second job to because you get taxed to fcuk on the second wage.

I used to work in and outdoor shop (Blacks at the weekend) but it was crap pay bout £4 an hour and was coming home having done a full day with about £20 after the tax man got his slice
    "The cream has floated to the top" - Midnight_Toker on his work fantasy football team's recent form 08.11.06

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_007
    Plus there maybe some fit chicks behind the bar or the drunk ones that need a "lift" home:whistle

Its a tough one getting a second job to because you get taxed to fcuk on the second wage.

I used to work in and outdoor shop (Blacks at the weekend) but it was crap pay bout £4 an hour and was coming home having done a full day with about £20 after the tax man got his slice
    Oh no!

Plus there maybe some fit chicks behind the bar or the drunk ones that need a "lift" home
    I like the way you think! :thumbs

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ever thought of doin a bit of debt collecting for like provident or local money lending firms etc easy work just drive around picking up a couple of quid here and there off single mums, easy work and not bad money.

but the best 2nd job i had was chilling in a caravan on the m62 watching cameras all nite smoking spliffs playing on my ps2. What a job you can take your mates round or take ur bird. Quality. need to get in touch with a local security firm in your area i can get more info if needed just pm me,

or Go and donate sperm 25 quid a throw :thumbs

www.crazyjobs.co.uk

http://www.hotrecruit.com/
    Last edited by DelTrotter; 18th July 2005 at 07:24 PM.
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

i was in the same position. what i did tekes a bit of initial spending but well worth it. i did my hgv license. cost about a grand to do so not cheap. but fuck me get on with an agency and they are ringing every day trying to give you work. totally flexible when you want to work. days, nights, weekends etc.

plus no customers no arseholes no stress.

i imagine if your full time there is a bit more worries about getting there on time etc. but when its a second job and an agency so you dont care. radio on brew in my mug and off you go. definatly a good second job

Thanks
    Karma Level

I want a second Job to keep me from spending all me cash down at the pub playing pool and drinking the amber nectar.

Thing is we operate and on call out of hours service which I do for 15 days each month. (you get 2hrs pay for every 24hrs your on call its not bad.) But it does limit you when looking for a second job.

How bout working @ the local bp/shell garage? its piss easy but maybe a bit borin

Try and get a cash in hand job if you can. Otherwise the cock sucking tax man will have 22% of your gross pay.
    when i die i wanna be buried face down so everyone can kiss my arse ! :kissass

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know this probably sounds stupid but as a work in an office during the week. I wouldn't mind doing some manual labour work outside. just for a change on a saturday or something.

There's a couple of farms by me they may pay cash in hand!, plus they might have daughters that need satisfying!!

AJ....

Thanks
    Karma Level

oh shit, no offence mate but I actually meant to reply to Tawny. wtf am I doing.

anyways AJ, lol, if u don't get anywhere with the daughters there's always the animals, lol.
    when i die i wanna be buried face down so everyone can kiss my arse ! :kissass

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by empo
    oh shit, no offence mate but I actually meant to reply to Tawny. wtf am I doing.

anyways AJ, lol, if u don't get anywhere with the daughters there's always the animals, lol.
    No probs mate,

Lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers for the ideas people, still got my mind set on bar work I think!

It's amazing how a thread about a second income is almost turning to beastiality!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mate.. this seems canny for the money.. pissing about with gadgets all day!

80 quid per day... all weekends/bank hols fropm Oct 05 'till Jan 06

http://www.crazyjobs.co.uk/show_job....69861123249037
    ============
    ============

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by shawtek

Think i'm going to take a look @ that!

I used to work for kkc (http://www.kkc.co.uk/) - doing intel & Kodak demos but was only £50 a day £35 after tax which sucked big time + they were asking me to work in 2hrs away on the train + 8 hr day + 2hrs on way home = 10hrs and a very tired AJ_007

On the plus side - there was loads of birds that work in the likes of curries/pc worlds comet etc and you can blag them with everything :whistle

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by shawtek

found something along the lines of this vacancy few weeks ago. commission based scheme i think as well.