Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Baros to Everton > Owen to Liverpool?

could it really be that simple??

read some stupid post on KopTalk suggesting there is talks in place already for him to return?! dunno how true this is

read on:

'Kop Talk can exclusively reveal that Liverpool are negotiating a deal with Real Madrid to try and re-sign striker Michael Owen.

Despite denials from Anfield, Liverpool are keen on re-signing the England hitman, preferably on a year's loan with a view to a permanent deal next year when additional transfer funds are available.

A senior Anfield source told KopTalk.com: "Of course the club want to sign Michael but it's basically just a question of money. Real Madrid are listening which is a start, but although they want to get him off the books (because of his salary) a loan deal isn't an attractive option to them.

"The manager has been backed fully by the board this season and funds are available for further purchases but at least two more players are high on the agenda. If Milan (Baros) is sold and maybe someone else like Jerzy (Dudek), more cash would then be freed up to enable a cash bid to be tabled.

"What's worrying Rafa is that Xabi Alonso's name was brought up during preliminary discussions. Rafa is concerned though that Real's interest in the player could unsettle him which is why talk of dealing with the Spanish giants has to be played down. We also don't want to look too keen in relation to re-signing Owen in the hope that they lower the asking price."

The source added: "The club are in constant dialogue with Owen, his agent and Terry. They have made it perfectly clear that he would reject any other offers if Liverpool can agree a deal with Real.

"Manchester United are desperate to sign Owen and have offered him a lucrative deal but if he re-signed for us, he'd actually be taking a reduction in his wages. Things are complicated but there could be a solution." '

Well we can hope and pray can't we??? Not too happy about Real trying to get Alonso - no way he's going anywhere!! Would love Mikey back especially if he has to take a big wage cut! it will serve him right for holding the club to ransom last summer!
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Baros to Everton > Owen to Liverpool?

I thought Liverpool had first-choice on bringing him back as a clause in the sale?
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just depends if they can afford him by the sound of it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't think Baros would want to sign for us to be honest
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty
    To be honest m8 I dont think he would be a good signing for you anyhoo.

I hope Micheal does come back to us as I was sorry to see him go in the first place.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't think Rafa wants him back - all the gossip is Rafa doesnt rate him that highly, and thats why united are favourites to sign him (if he is going to leave). I would love him to join the toon - but with us out of europe tonight, it looks unlikely.
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

He has already said he would not mind a move to everton
    Signature Removed - Maximum signature image size is: 468 x 60

Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

According to bbc sport Owen wants a return to Anfield. If he does come back then I hope he has improved.His last season at liverpool he couldn't hit a barn door.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/4744731.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

i would take him back even though i dont rate his "style" of football - i appreciate teh goals he will bring....in hindsight i regret slagging the lad.
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Bantam
    He has already said he would not mind a move to everton
    Source? :nowords:
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Source? :nowords:
    Tomato! Only Joking :tongue

Liverpool striker Milan Baros is believed to have opened the way for a move to Everton by making it known he has no reservations about a cross-city transfer.

Everton have taken preliminary steps toward a potential £6m move for the Czech Republic international, who has been told he can leave Liverpool after three and a half years in which he has scored 27 goals in 106 appearances.

But the key to any such highly-charged transfer is whether the player concerned is aware of the potential problems and is happy to face them.

Such moves can produce anger from one side of the Mersey divide and reservations from the other.

But it is believed that, after discussions with his advisors, Baros has given the green light for negotiations to continue.

No player has joined Everton from Liverpool since Gary Ablett made the short trip across Stanley Park in 1992.

But, when Nicky Barmby moved in the opposite direction to Liverpool from Everton for £6m in 2000, he was subjected to a ferocious hate campaign, although Portuguese defender Abel Xavier had no such problems when he moved from Goodison Park to Liverpool for £800,000 in January 2002.

Everton chief executive Keith Wyness has confirmed that "Baros is one of the names on the list" of strikers they are looking to sign.

But Wyness insisted that Everton had not made a formal bid for the 23-year-old, who was the top scorer in last year's Euro 2004 finals.

The mood in the Goodison Park camp said one source was "very optimistic" that something can be sorted out, maybe even in time for Baros to pass a medical and be registered with Uefa before the end of the Thursday deadline to be allowed to play in next week's Champions League qualifier at home to Villarreal.

Everton will not go to the £7m asking price but Liverpool would probably accept £6m for a player who is now fourth in the strikers' pecking order behind Fernando Morientes, Djibril Cisse and Peter Crouch.

There has been interest in Baros from Aston Villa, West Ham and Monaco but no offers that have interested Liverpool while, earlier this week, German side Schalke pulled out of the bidding.

They were told in no uncertain terms by Liverpool that, after a week of negotiations, there was no chance of a season-long loan.

And, with earlier target Andy Johnson committing himself to Crystal Palace with a new five-year contract, Everton's options have diminished.

They need to bolster their squad quickly after an unsatisfactory pre-season that has seen them struggle to score goals.

Liverpool could do with the cash to aid their moves for a defender - probably Deportivo's Jorge Andrade - and a winger, with boss Rafael Benitez still refusing to rule out Luis Figo.
    Signature Removed - Maximum signature image size is: 468 x 60

Thanks
    Karma Level

Where's the quote? It is believed' is what they write when they don't have a proper source...

Thanks
    Karma Level

All I can say is that if he does come back to Anfield, IMO it will be our best signing this Summer. I still wish he hadnt left last Summer, he woul've really helped last season especially when we only had 1 striker.

With Cisse and Morientes still needing to adapt to the Premiership, Baros hardly scoring in the 2nd half of last season despite playing 90% of the time, and crouch not really a recognised goal scorer I think Owen would be perfect. It would take the pressure of the others to get goals whilst they adapt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Be Nice To See Owen Back In A Reds Kit, Cisse & Owen Partnership Could Be Deadly. As Long As He Dont Go To Man Utd, But That Looks Like The Only Club He Might Go To.

Newcastle Have Supposed To Had A Bid Accepted, But Owen Declined To Talk - Dont Suprise Me He Wants To Win Medals, Well That Was The Reason He Left Liverpool In The First Place

Thanks
    Karma Level

woudl be good to see him back in a liverpool shirt, but as the tabloids state, they have just bought peter crouch for 7million, also got cisse, maybe he will bench warm the liverpool one instead of real madrids

nik

Termy

I think, as already stated, he could come back and give the other strikers chance to adapt to the Prem.

Lets be honest, love him or loathe him, his goalscoring record is world class.

Given his quality, I dont think if he does arrive that he will warm the bench. If all the striker realise that they wont ALL get a game then its sorted.

With the amount of games Liverpool COULD face, another striker would be ideal esp if Baros does go to Everton.

We could still have 3 strikers in effect, all we need to do is use Cisse on the right wing and put Morientes and Owen up front, and let the guy who changes the floodlight bulbs warm the bench.

Easy peasy,,, my CV for the Liverpool job is in the post,,, so watch out Rafa,,, I'm coming,,, lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Termy
    ...Easy peasy,,, my CV for the Liverpool job is in the post,,, so watch out Rafa,,, I'm coming,,, lol.
    You have been playing too much Champ Manager!
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -