Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Royal mail and our post person

I was slightly pissed off on saturday but it got worse today.

On saturday 6/8/05 morning I had a card behind the door, recorded delivery and I wasnt up to sign for it. I was gutted becasue I was looking forward to watching 24 season 4 all day but nevermind. I checked the time 8:20am how is it that the post person delivers the mail during the week at 1pm but saturdays before anyone wakes up.:annoyed:

That aside I waited the 48 hours it statedon the card before going to collect at the callers office at the post office in Bolton town centre (the address on the card). This morning 11:45am I went to Bolton payed the stupidly high price to park because if you dont the evil parking wardens WILL book you, walked round he corner to the post office to find out that te callers office had now closed from the 1st August and had moved to the new sorting office on the outskirts of the town centre with Directions on an unreadble photocoppied beice of paper, all I could make out was that it was on calvin street next to Bolton at Home in the Valley retail park and the directions were head to watter meetings road and you will see Bolton at Home.

OK, Back to the car pissed that I had paid for parking for no reason for 5 minutes and set off for The valley and watermeetings road, to find that the post office building IS next to Bolton at Home but just the other side of a no entry sign where the road narrows to a single lane. so off we go again to find another route.

Finally get to the Enqueries office and give them my "Sorry we missed you" card showed them my brand new photo ID drivers licence (thanks to biggys section) for ID and the guy went searching. 10 minutes later he comes back with no parcel and tells me to come back later as it hadnt arrived with them yet. WTF I have waited over the 48 hours that they ask and it still isnt available. He even had the balls to call the post person an idiot for using the wrong card making me go to the wrong place. and gave me acard with the number for customer services on it to make a complaint. maybe I will call and try for my money from the parking and the extra trip. :thumbs

I didnt go back for it I will go in the morning after I have calmed down.

Thanks for reading and this is making me feel much better now I have shared it with you.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Royal mail and our post person

Great the privatised post office ain't it? And they wonder why people download as much of their media as possible these days. If it ain't there tomorrow feel safe in the knowledge that the shit who tried to deliver it spent today watching it for you before repackaging it for your collection tomorrow. How much was the postage again? Never mind the posties got a nice fat bonus this year anyway.

Take a crossbow with you tomorrow just in case they still can't find it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The reason you got your saturday mail so early is because they dont have to deliver mailsort (junkmail and mail with a m in the corner where a stamp goes)as for them not having your dvd he prob couldnt be arsed to sign it off at the mail center and hes prob taken the whole bag home with him either that or he has 20-30 bags full of mail in his garage :cartman

Thanks
    Karma Level

i started work at 8 on monday and the post was already here when i left the house, today at 7 and my mum said it arrived half an hour after i left. since all the fucking about with royal mail it hasnt been before 10am until now - hopefully this is the way its going from now on. it just annoys me that 13 year old kids can get papers printed at 2am in london distributed in rural scotland before they even start school for the day but royal mail come at lunchtime. maybe i have a new posty who walks faster.

ABCMan

favourite trick here is me sat in my front room watching the postman walk upto the front door, write out card, quietly push it through and then walk off without even having the parcel with him, i assume he leaves all the parcels in the security box to save carrying them, but then i'm expected to wait 24 hours (used to be 4 hours) to go and collect, if you phone and complain 2 things happen, 1) you get nothing but junkmail for a week or 2 then all your bills arrive suddenly with 2 days to pay them and 2) you are informed that it was agency staff delivering that day.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've had a few "sorry you wasn't in cards" i just phone them up and have it delivered to my local post office for 50p.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm one of those (seemingly few) people who actually doesn't mind the Royal Mail. For a start they are better than many delivery firms in that if they miss you, you can go and pick it up on a Saturday from somewhere not too far from where you live. Compare this with Citylink for example, if they miss me they won't deliver on a Saturday as that would cost more... but their depot is about 120 miles away... nice!

I'm lucky though that my nearest parcel depot for the Royal Mail is a five minute walk down the road...

Our post is delivered before 10am every day too (what with being so close on the rounds)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I went for it this afternoon, and was told it only arrive an hour ago. I am now really happy that I dodnt go for it yesterday afternoon as the guy said.

as for City link I dont have a problem I just get everything sent to the bloke who lived next door at the manchester depot and he brings them home when he finishes. but it easier for me to get to the city link depot that it was to go to the post office in bolton town centre.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Termy

I wish my postie delivered after 10 am. I always get a fcukin ring on the doorbell at 7 - 8am.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

have to say the postie at home delivers in the morning b 4 9 around 8am most times (which is kool altho i dont get up till 9am but we have a big dog that barks at the postie and wakes us up)
    how eva the postie at work (my mums shop) (where i get evey thing delivered) doesnt come till about 11-12 (normal guy is that l8 cos he comes past at 9am and as we dont open till 10 he comes back after he finished his round (which is fookin ace in my book) but as of l8 were getting a new guy whos coming around 12-1pm kinda pisses me off cos i have to wait longer for stuff but apart from that every things fine with um round my way

(part from the cost thats still way to much)

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ABCMan
    favourite trick here is me sat in my front room watching the postman walk upto the front door, write out card, quietly push it through and then walk off without even having the parcel with him

why not just confront it him at the door as hes writeing it out? with a recording camera

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

i wish my postie would deliver around 8am coz just after that i goto bed, since i work nightshift. it pissed me off a few times when i was just settling down to bed got my quilt on, knock! knock! bastard so i got u just to sign a recorded delivery. right champion off to sleep now, knock knock 2 mins later royal mail van came with a parcel. went bk upto bed i just fucking couldn't get 2 sleep. all this was around 11am.

i work 10pm-6am get in house around 7am.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i dont know how many different postys i get but iv noticed a few things
    1 of them rings the bell, if theres no answer he'll post a card straight away and go
    1 of them rings the bell, if theres no answer hell throw it in through the porche window (if its open) knocking my mums plants onto the floor and making a big mess for me 2 clean up

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is MORE THAN A YEAR OLD FFS get a grip

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well since its revived and im in a whining mood, my postie is an idiot! Ive given him more than enough chances but the thing is i can't complain as ill probably get it 10 times as bad. He has left parcels on my doorstep when im out and luckily neighbours have seen it and taken it in. He then had this large parcel that wasn't recorded so he tried to ram it in the letterbox and only half getting it in left there. Luckily i was there to collect it but the guy could of just rung the bell to see if anyone was in. The next parcel i got he only stuck 1/4 of it through the door and so it was just hang outside just for some opportunist thief to nab. Im totally annoyed by his lack of care and all he needs do is ring the bell and check if someone is in. I know its not recorded and so doesn't need a signature but ffs sake use some common sense.