Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Absinth Accessories!

Secret page

Absinth spoon £3 free delivery (RRP £4.95 + del.)
    Absinth pitcher £4.95
    Bulk offers on spoons

BONUS LIMITED OFFER:
    While promotional stocks last get a free T shirt worth up to £14.95 (random design but you can choose the size) with every order containing at least two 50cl (or larger) bottles. Just indicate the size during checkout.

http://www.lafeeabsinthe.com/acatalog/offers.htm

Enjoy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Absinth Accessories!

Nice M8, a freind of mine is setting up a bat (in his front room, hehe) this is def going his way. Cheers.....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've never heard of this product, but jeeeeeeeeesus 68% proof!!!!!! It's a bit pricey though.

EDIT: Taken from the site, sounds like a mean drink!

Avoid serving neat as the drink is very strong and unpalatable until mixed.

Isn't absinthe illegal?

Will absinthe get me high? Will I hallucinate? Is it a drug? What is Thujone?

Will absinthe turn me mad/blind/dead?

Guinea Pigs & Frogs? Jacob describes a demonstration in which a guinea pig was injected with a 1/4 of a cubic centimetre of absinthe essence:The poor beast finally dies after half an hour of agony.

Sod drinking this stuff!!!!

http://www.lafeeabsinthe.com/faq/absinthefaq.php
    Last edited by Simate; 22nd August 2005 at 12:19 PM.
    360 ID: Symate

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by simonhodge
    I've never heard of this product, but jeeeeeeeeesus 68% proof!!!!!! It's a bit pricey though.

EDIT: Taken from the site, sounds like a mean drink!

Avoid serving neat as the drink is very strong and unpalatable until mixed.

Isn't absinthe illegal?

Will absinthe get me high? Will I hallucinate? Is it a drug? What is Thujone?

Will absinthe turn me mad/blind/dead?

Guinea Pigs & Frogs? Jacob describes a demonstration in which a guinea pig was injected with a 1/4 of a cubic centimetre of absinthe essence:The poor beast finally dies after half an hour of agony.

Sod drinking this stuff!!!!

http://www.lafeeabsinthe.com/faq/absinthefaq.php
    That particular absinth is legal and availiable in tesco, it has a low thujone and wormwood level.

Thujone and wormwood are just two of the many herbs used to brew absinth. It is brewed in Switzewrland, France, and mainly Czechoslovakia.

It has been used in Czech rituals for centuries and is drank in the following way:
    A shot of absinth is put into a glass, an absinth spoon is rested on the rim of the glass and a sugar cube soaked in absinth is placed upon it. This cube is then lit and when it begins to caremalise water is poured over the top until the absinth goes cloudy. It is then drank.

This is a cheap bottle mate and a weak one. Most bottles tend to be under 10mg of thujone, international eBay has 35mg as its strongest. I think the only absinth stronger than 35mg is 100mg and that is something like £120 a bottle!

Absinth is ver strong, found one yesturday at 89.9%!

Absinth will get you high, sometimes pissed before though. It is common to see the "green fairy" as the mix of drugs inside affect you. The strong stuff is illegal in every state of America, Canada, and UK but is a big thing in Germany and aforementioned countries.

No you won't die, this country is against you having fun, thats all

Hope you enjoyed my little essay, only learnt all of that in the past month.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by simonhodge
    68% would be 136 proof. % and proof are different, proof is always double what the % is.

They used to give you those spoons free with every bottle.

I think if you inject a guinea pig with 1/4 of a cubic centimetre of most things it would kill it. What a pointless and cruel experiment.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thought it was banned in France. Thats why they started to brew pastis.
    Pastis was developed in Marseille as a substitute for absinthe, which was banned by the French government in 1915. Absinthe, called fée verte (green fairy) was thought to cause insanity and according to the government was leading to the "corruption of society". Many poets, writers and artists of the time used it as their most reliable muse. In fact, Alexandre Dumas, relates a story about the poet Alfred de Musset, who had been neglecting his dutes at the Académie. On member remarked, "Really, don't you think that Alfred absents himself rather too often?" To which another member promptly replied "You mean he absinthes himself rather too often"
    'Sausages! Hot sausages! Inna bun! Meat pies! Get them while they're hot!'
    ... Hole food! Hole food! Rat! Rat! Rat-onna-stick! Rat-in-a-bun! Get them while they're dead!'

Thanks
    Karma Level

There is a way of drinking Absinth straight, i have a bottle at home from prague @ 70%. When it is mixed with the sugar and COLD water it does taste VERY nice.

There is an absinth bar in Antibes near the Market, also there is one in Amsterdam, but it has very funny opening hours.

Try a decent size tumbler, poor about a single or double shot, get a teaspoon of sugar and allow the absinth in the glass to soak into (clearly not all) in to the spoon. Now light the spoon and JUST before the flame is going out stir (gently) into the tumbler, when the tumbler is alight (or rather the liquid) LICK yout hand and cup it over the tumbler. NOW when the flames go out a vacume will occur, sucking you hand down slightly (so use a decent tumbler (strong)) relase hand, down drink, CUP glass again, BREATHE IN AND OUT THROUGH YOUR MOUTH then when that has dies down breathe the reast of the fumes from the glass.

the killer is if you get some bottom leaves from a nice hemp plant and stuff them into the bottle for about a month!!

Enjoy

.....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

omg i love abstinthe ... just wish it wasnt so damned expensive

wasnt gonna get another bottle but soddit just might now lol!

qfanatiq's sugar and cold cold water is the best way to drink it tho ... nice long glass of absinthe is in a class of its own