Excellent article from a spurs fan... common lads.. you know its true!!

Of course, anyone who has spent anytime at all reading an English newspaper will be well aware that every time our national side have a game coming up, we are expected to batter our opponents. The reaction to England’s win against Wales on Saturday will not be alien to your average spurs fan.

I think it is fair to say that England hardly looked convincing. Wales are well down the FIFA rankings and their team contains only a sprinkling of Premiership quality players. What made me chuckle about Sunday and Monday’s reports is that every single “pundit” sounded just like the stereotypical spurs fan.

We get a lot of stick for wanting our football played “a certain way”. Winning a game is rumoured to be not enough to satisfy us, we want slick passing football, complete dominance, a turn of style, a touch of class – in short we want our team to win “the Spurs way”.

Well to my mind the myth has been exposed – the critics are hypocrites!!

It would seem that, when it comes to England, the whole country wants us to win “the Spurs way”. Grinding out a victory and securing the points just doesn’t seem to cut it anymore – actually, when you think about it, it never really has.

Every time those superstar players pull on the Three Lions they are expected - no, required – to win. But win they did on Saturday, and yet they still got slated,. Why? Because the performance lack flair, lacked quality, lacked more than 3 goals, lacked mazy runs or overhead kicks – maybe even, God forbid, lacked passion.

So a 1-0 win isn’t good enough unless it is accompanied by an awe inspiring performance? Can we assume that a 1-0 or even 2-0 win over Northern Ireland tonight will not be good enough unless sprinkled liberally with flicks and tricks? I think we know the answer already.

The only conclusion I can draw is that every single football fan in the country has a little bit of Spurs in them somewhere.

Let’s not let them forget it.