Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default 'Allah' ice-creams banned

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=454 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 15px" vAlign=top align=middle>'Allah' ice-creams banned <!-- end headline or Pic Headline --></TD></TR><TR><TD height=20></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=300></TD></TR><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=300>Cone-demned ... 'spinning whirl' ice creams look similar to the world Allah written in Arabic script

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=300></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200 align=right border=0><!-- full news index links LA --><TBODY><TR><TD width=16></TD><TD align=middle></STYLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=bgheader vAlign=center colSpan=3 height=17>FULL NEWS INDEX</TD></TR><TR><TD width=1 bgColor=#000000></TD><TD></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#000000></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><!-- end full news index links --><!-- Espotting Ad Added NG 31/11/04 --><!-- End Espotting Ad --></TBODY></TABLE>By STEVE KENNEDY

ICE creams are being withdrawn from Burger King — because a design on the lid looks like the word Allah.

The fast food chain has had dozens of complaints about the coloured symbol - meant to be a spinning whirl - on its range of BK Cones.

<CENTER></CENTER><CENTER>http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005430136,00.html</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER>Political correctness madness shows no boundaries !:nono </CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 'Allah' ice-creams banned

WTF!!???
    this is getting out of hand

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol....

i went into the shopping centre bogs the other day, and in one of the cubicles there was a huge......and i do mean HUGE logger that seemed to be in the shape of my initials....serious!

I complained to the management

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

bah it looks nothing like it

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's rediculous that people can actually be OFFENDED by that, I wonder if they were after a free meal at the time? ('Dear BK I was offended by your packaging and also had brown lettice blah blah, gimme gimme gimme')

If I ever saw that packaging I would only ever think it look like a cone of ice cream (how wierd). At worst it looks like a turd (if I was feeling 12 at the time)

it really is political correctness gone mad.
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Similar story here

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/002184.php

I remember Nike about 5 years ago had a sign on the back of some of its trainers that kind of looked like a allah sign.

Madness
    "The cream has floated to the top" - Midnight_Toker on his work fantasy football team's recent form 08.11.06

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok Ive got a copy of the sun from Friday 16th september in front of me now , the article is on page 28.

The fast food chain has had dozens of complaints about the coloured symbol on its range of BK cones. The image is meant to be a spinning swirl of ice cream. But muslims are furious that from one angle , it looks simular to the word for God in Arabic script. Customer Rashad Akhtar, 27, branded the design sacrilegious.
    The business development manager , of High Wycombe, Bucks, said " one of the staff asked me if I was muslim and showed me the cone - I was humiliated . How can you say it is a spinning swirl ? You are offending muslims "
    Burger King whose slogan is HAVE IT YOUR WAY , yesterday told managers to take thousands of the cones off sale. A spokesman for the company , which has 11,220 outlets worldwide, side " As a result of the feedback our supplier is ammending the design ." Last night muslim council spokesman Inayat Bunglawala praised the restaurant chain. He said " We commend the sensitive and prompt action to prevent any hurt being caused to the religious sensibilities of others.

Fuck me what a load of bollox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what will happen if the new design has a Cross on it ? Will it get removed because it upsets Christians ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

no, they'd probably just eat it & not make such rediculous claims.
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Death to the infidels, wait 'til I launch my range of 'Jihad' bathroom products.

'Ayatollah' Triple Ply Jihad Toilet Paper
    Wiping your arse will never be the same again. This luxury 'arse friendly' paper features the face of the late great Ayatollah Khomeini, along with a simple fatwa on every sheet. Now you can scream 'death to the infidels' as you wipe the goat's semen from your arse.

The 'Osama' Toilet Brush
    This fantastic bathroom accessory comes with a genuine hardwood handle fashioned from the butt of an AK47. The brush features bristles shaped to resemble the beard of Osama Bin Laden and the base is modelled on the actual Tora Bora cave where he lives. So next time you pebble dash your pot, slip on that army surplus jacket, don your pakol and scream incoherent passages from the Koran as you wield your trusty 'Osama'.

The 'Arafat' Shaving Set
    Features a pvc leatherette pouch which contains absolutley nothing, perfect for any insurgence or that visit to mecca.

The 'Martyr' Twin Towers Shower Curtain
    Relive the event's of 9/11 every morning with this superb shower curtain! On the outside you will see the twin towers as they once stood. Booo. But once in the shower the moment when the 2nd plane hit the south tower will be revealed on the inside. Allah-u-Akbar! (Also includes the George Bush '7 minute pause' bath mat for you to piss on).
    Last edited by CzarJunkie; 17th September 2005 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie
    Death to the infidels, wait 'til I launch my range of 'Jihad' bathroom products.

'Ayatollah' Triple Ply Jihad Toilet Paper
    Wiping your arse will never be the same again. This luxury 'arse friendly' paper features the face of the late great Ayatollah Khomeini, along with a simple fatwa on every sheet. Now you can scream 'death to the infidels' as you wipe the goat's semen from your arse.

The 'Osama' Toilet Brush
    This fantastic bathroom accessory comes with a genuine hardwood handle fashioned from the butt of an AK47. The brush features bristles shaped to resemble the beard of Osama Bin Laden and the base is modelled on the actual Tora Bora cave where he lives. So next time you pebble dash your pot, slip on that army surplus jacket, don your pakol and scream incoherent passages from the Koran as you wield your trusty 'Osama'.

The 'Arafat' Shaving Set
    Features a pvc leatherette pouch which contains absolutley nothing, perfect for any insurgence or that visit to mecca.

The 'Martyr' Twin Towers Shower Curtain
    Relive the event's of 9/11 every morning with this superb shower curtain! On the outside you will see the twin towers as they once stood. Booo. But once in the shower the moment when the 2nd plane hit the south tower will be revealed on the inside. Allah-u-Akbar! (Also includes the George Bush '7 minute pause' bath mat for you to piss on).

Thanks
    Karma Level

looks like a steamin' turd to me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its going a bit over the top with the ice cream. But if you see religious symbols from major religions such as christianity, judasim etc on shoes, do you think followers from those religions will not protest?

Thanks
    Karma Level

No they wouldnt, i have never heard of any other religions making a fuss over somethin. THIS IS A JOKE PC gone to far

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by leo_uk
    Its going a bit over the top with the ice cream. But if you see religious symbols from major religions such as christianity, judasim etc on shoes, do you think followers from those religions will not protest?
    No because they promote the religion.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was born into a muslim family...im not religous in any way....but if they think that looks like the word "Allah" then they are taking the fuckin PISS!!! It's packaging!! I wouldn't look twice...i'd just rip it off and eat the damn thing!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

What the hell has this got to do with political correctness??? even the thread label is incorrect, the Ice cream name was NOT banned, it was withdrawn, BK did so not because it wanted to be politically correct it did so because it did not want to lose the muslim pound.
    It seems muslims cant do anything to please, a few people were offended and informed BK, BK understood this and made the relevant change, the offended people did not scream or shout they made their displeasure be known in a civilised manner.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by xdir
    What the hell has this got to do with political correctness??? even the thread label is incorrect, the Ice cream name was NOT banned, it was withdrawn, BK did so not because it wanted to be politically correct it did so because it did not want to lose the muslim pound.
    It seems muslims cant do anything to please, a few people were offended and informed BK, BK understood this and made the relevant change, the offended people did not scream or shout they made their displeasure be known in a civilised manner.
    Well said.

Changing the picture has not adversely affected anyone other than a small loss of stock for BK which I'm sure they aren't too concerned about as it'll help to keep their sales up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

it looks like (a) the top of some icecream on its side (b) a big steaming dog egg on its side

i see crucifixes on many non xtian things just as i see people who arent buddhist keep statues in their homes - we dont flip out at either of those so how come the top off some fucking ice cream is different

what next no more laughing cow adverts because it offends hindus?

if the top was a picture of a big dog egg atop a pile of korans/misc religious texts (delete where applicable) it would perhaps be fine to withdraw but that is just sad

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by xdir
    Have you read the whole article ??????????????

Customer Rashad Akhtar, 27, branded the design sacrilegious.
    The business development manager , of High Wycombe, Bucks, said " one of the staff asked me if I was muslim and showed me the cone - I was humiliated . How can you say it is a spinning swirl ? You are offending muslims "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    Have you read the whole article ??????????????
    Yes I have, have you???

Did this akhtar chap fly of his handle and kill all staff in BK?? did he threaten to blow up BK?? no he complained and his complaint was upheld. Whats the problem??

Why is it crazy for Muslims to see the word Allah in a picture of an ice cream swirl (completely possible as Islam has a history of caligraphy) yet no heads turn when someone "sees" the image of the virgin mary in a grilled cheese sandwich!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast