Close

Thread: Missing HD ?!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Missing HD ?!

hi guys,

I have 2 x 250gb HD's in my PC. One of them is a SATA Maxtor which is my main HD (drive c) and has not been particianed. the other is an IDE Western Digital which has been split into 2 x 125gb pariticans (drives d and e).

My main HD is the one I have windows on etc and other stuff. The other drives are mainly just used as storage and dumping stuff too them. Anyway was just watching a xvid file from drive d this morning and the PC froze up so pressed the reset button and retarted my PC as everything else I tried failed.

PC stated up fine but now when I click on My Computer the C drive is there but drives D and E are missing ?!

A right click into the device manager shows that the drive is there and is working properly but the device usage box is greyed out.

In the computer management screen it says that the drive is unallocated now. Same result when I run partician magic. It sees the HD but says it is unallocated.

I don't know if the drive has died or anything or how I could go about getting it back. There are a few files on there that I wouldn't mind saving so is there anyway I can get it back or is it gone for good ?!

Any ideas ?!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Missing HD ?!

Drive could well have pegged it. Does your BIOS say it is there? Worth having a check of your cables as well. I had a disc that I thought had failed recently and after swapping the disc and getting the same error twice it turned out to be a knackered Akasa cable.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Missing HD ?!

i'm just running EasyRecovery Pro at the moment to see if I can salvage any stuff of it then I'll have a look in my BIOS for it cheers for the advice.

EasyRecovery seems to be working though, only another 40 mins to go .....