Close

Thread: Zemanovaload

ABCMan

Default Zemanovaload

"this is suki, shes a model, you've probably seen here in her bra and panties in lads mags like fhm and loaded.... i've seen here out of her bra and panties bent over my sofa"

pretty much the first words after the opening credits of zemanovaload.

i absolutely loved this movie a british comedy about a scriptwriter with obsessive compulsive disorder who's girlfriend leaves him whilst hes in hollywood selling his latest script.

i cant go into too much detail as to what happns without spoiling much of the movie except to say that he decides that in order to get his own back on the ex he must find and date the most beautiful woman in the world (miss veronika zemanova (if you are a vip see what i mean in there)). he develops a compulsion about miss zemanova resulting in him decorating his flat in pictures of her. he also has 2 faces tatooed on his index fingers that he talks to and that also leads to some funny antics.

i realy cant recommend this film highly enough, bob down to your local blockbuster and rent this movie.

9/10
    Last edited by Mule; 31st January 2007 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: [2005]Zemanovaload

I will get this, if only for the fact that Veronica Zemanova is possibly the hottest ever woman to take her clothes off for money.

ABCMan

Quote Originally Posted by WalterPill
    I will get this, if only for the fact that Veronica Zemanova is possibly the hottest ever woman to take her clothes off for money.
    well of course its worth it for that alone, but hapily its a damned good film too although sadly it seems to have been passed over by our membership

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's on my DVD queue. I'll share my snobbish opinionated views on it at a later date.

ABCMan

Quote Originally Posted by WalterPill
    It's on my DVD queue. I'll share my snobbish opinionated views on it at a later date.
    cool, thanks.

you have the right opinion (ie same as mine) about ms zemanova, not sure the snobish part will work too well as this realy isnt high art

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought this was one of the worst films I've ever seen, although I agree that Zemanova is one of the fittest women on the planet.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hmmm... didn't rate this at all. Felt very short changed by the fact that the supposed central premise of the film didn't actually appear. The idea of some Joe Schmo getting dumped by his bird and then replacing her with the fittest bird in the world and the film then detailing his attempts to do so would have been both funny and interesting. Instead you had this guy just assing about Manchester, getting pissed with Ralph Little and making uninsightful social commentary. There was no real character development, the Ed Byrne character wasn't really much more than smug comments and obsessive compulsive disorders and that stayed the same throughout.

It brushed over some potentially great plot threads. When he finds out that it was his mate, the heartthrob soap actor, who's nicked his bird and he gets the chance to write for the show before writing the cunts character out, it's rushed and isn't developed past a few casual references and an answer phone message.

Veronika Zemanova wasn't even in it! I'm pretty sure Miss Zemanova's people had some money invested in this film but a cameo at the very least by her was expected when the film was named after her.

4/10

Social Networking Bookmarks