Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new tattoo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: My new tattoo

sort of ive got the design on paper but thats in the car so ill scan it in later on with the explanations behind it

cas

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WTD
    I think the first one is actually a bit too big and dark, gonna keep looking around for something cool thx bud

Strange thought that I like the flowers on it lol, wonder if it means i'm turning into a poof

With those designs, you'll look like Yakuza.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Japanese aren’t too hot on Tat's as it's usually criminal's that have them. I have a small tattoo on my lower back and luckily i have never been thrown out of an onsen or pool out there. But it's basically just a black silhouette, so i think I’m quite lucky. Might just be a deformed mole ^_____^

But no more tattoo's for me!

Thanks
    Karma Level

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WTD
    That really is the works, the gaps are for if he is wearing shorts or an open neck shirt so nobody will know who he is. I didn't mean it rudely mate, but as Cueball pointed out, in Japan it's widely regarded as the sign of a criminal.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i dont care if they'd make me look like a criminal they are awesome the black and white one at the bottom looks stunning

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino
    That really is the works, the gaps are for if he is wearing shorts or an open neck shirt so nobody will know who he is. I didn't mean it rudely mate, but as Cueball pointed out, in Japan it's widely regarded as the sign of a criminal.
    LOL not gonna offend me mate, i make my own bed and lye in it

As for tats in japan, i'm just a bakka gaijin (麦価 外人) so they think i'm stupid and dirty anyway cos i'm not japanese, so thinking i'm a crim isn:t too much of a hardship lolol
    Last edited by WTD; 11th October 2005 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sorry crap post and thought better of it
    Last edited by casio; 11th October 2005 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok im not going in to all of it cos i want parts of it to stay private but it starts in the middle at the left of the picture with the star (a tattoo i had done when i was 17 just after a death in the family) theres the crossroads in front of that which was when i was deciding between work and higher education and the shorter lower side was higher education when i dropped out all the small circles are the women ive loved up to now the trianglular hook below the star represents my dog and how she helped me after a car crash

the upper left is staying private as that means a lot and is again a health related family member representation which i went through last year and the long one below that pretty much in the middle of the muddle thats got circles in it and a hook on one end is there for the one that i let slip through my fingers through my own sheer stupidity and inexperience

theres another bit below my arm thats "on the back" sort of thing that ive not included the finished design's on here as i want that bit to stay private as well

ive decided that im going to add to this one once every 5 years or so just to keep it up to date as theres nothing on my upper arm yet so this should carry on nicely for that

cas

believe it or not on the photos of my arm theres 3 and a half hours work there and another 3ish left to finish it before the colour
    Last edited by casio; 24th November 2006 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

oooow i forgot the solid black areas at the right and the lower section and just of centre are there to represent my regret of things i shouldnt have or should have done and the dots are there to remind me that just like dot to dot books when your a kid things look easy and simple and you can see what its going to be its not always easy or simple and things dont always endup being what you expect

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wow thats awesome, its much better you getting it like that with a story behind it, as opposed to a constipated racoon cause 'it looks awesome.'

Would be interesting to see how the rest of your arm will turn up, and hopefully when you have that special person you can do a circle at the top of your arm
    Last edited by stuz; 11th October 2005 at 07:32 PM.
    Im a fuckwit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

thats the plan m8 or if i can get her to talk to me maybe the hook could one day become a circle? doubt it on a number of grounds and cos that would change its meaning but another further up my arm with a circle would be good although dont let our lass hear that lol shes nagging for a gold circle on her finger

cas
    Last edited by casio; 11th October 2005 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by casio
    i know what you mean by over the wrist though that did come keen and when i changed the design to have a thicker out line and it had to be done again i wasnt looking forward to it again

cas
    could try using ametop gel.
    i know some of you will be sneering about "the pain is part of the art" but i had a lower bacj piece done and i didn`t feel a thing , didn`t feel anything for about 7 hours actually used too many tubes
    anyway i thought if you can get a piece done in comfort rather then pain ,which is also better for the tattooist `cause your not jumping round or twitching, i`d give it a go. and it worked a treat, got more done per sitting so it costs less in the long run
    don`t be harsh tattoed freak :whistle
    Oh f@ck it!

[url]http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/nok1up/[/url]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by nok1
    could try using ametop gel.
    i know some of you will be sneering about "the pain is part of the art" but i had a lower bacj piece done and i didn`t feel a thing , didn`t feel anything for about 7 hours actually used too many tubes
    anyway i thought if you can get a piece done in comfort rather then pain ,which is also better for the tattooist `cause your not jumping round or twitching, i`d give it a go. and it worked a treat, got more done per sitting so it costs less in the long run
    don`t be harsh tattoed freak :whistle
    I am lucky, getting them doesn't bother me, but my tattooist is a good m8 so we have a laugh and the time flies by. I am still not too excited when I have a "boney" area done, the shin and ankle really tested me! You can also get another cream EMLEA or EMLA (something like that).

Thanks
    Karma Level

i thought about getting something to numb but never got round to buying it, it wasnt the pain that stopped me getting more done it was the fact it took 3 an a half hours cos i had the out line done and then decided that it needed to be thicker so mark went over it again with a thicker needle and just as the outline was 3/4 done his next appointment turned up so coudnt get anymore done

although the boney bits do hurt on the elbow joint and underside of wrist has been the most painful part so far

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Freak
    I am lucky, getting them doesn't bother me, but my tattooist is a good m8 so we have a laugh and the time flies by. I am still not too excited when I have a "boney" area done, the shin and ankle really tested me! You can also get another cream EMLEA or EMLA (something like that).
    they don`t seem to bother me much but near the spine and lower back
    emla? i have heard its harder to purchase then ametop
    Oh f@ck it!

[url]http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/nok1up/[/url]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Get it shipped in from the states, pricey though...

Thanks
    Karma Level

where would you buy ametop from anyway? ive never seen it for sale anywhere in tattoo studios or asda

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

£11 inc postage

Must be weird getting inked and not feeling the needle going through the skin. Has anyone actualy tried anything like this and can report back on how getting the tattoo felt? I have read that it can last for 4-6 hours.
    Last edited by Tattooed Freak; 13th October 2005 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i dont know if i could go through with it if i couldnt feel it, its all part of the experience for me yeah it stings but then so does a lot of things and i dont get numbed up for them, plus paying 11 quid not to feel it just seems wrong if you know your in for a long session (3hrs or so) and they dont have a radio or telly to watch stick an mp3 player in 1 ear and talk to the tattooist im back in on monday and im hoping hes lost the crap drum and bass cd's he had on if not when hes done im breaking them

cas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast