Close

Thread: I want one but

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default I want one but

Hi
    Like the look of the new section, good luck to all who use it.

I have thought on and off for years about getting one on my forearm, however i am dibetic, and am told i could have problems with getting a large TAT on my arm, any truth in this and any advice would be appreciated :thumbs

Congrats to TF
    :kissass :cry: Hmm I wonder which 3 this is ????

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: I want one but

If it helps, my mates diabetic and hes had 6 large tats done (tribal bands/designs)...hes fine. Dont take my word for it though, I`m no doctor.
    Recent Mac convert...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am a diabetic, and I have a few tats, whoever told you that is talking bollocks mate

Thanks
    Karma Level

dosnt matter what anyone on here says m8,... your doctor has the final word and do whatever he says..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BLUTO141
    Hi
    Like the look of the new section, good luck to all who use it.

I have thought on and off for years about getting one on my forearm, however i am dibetic, and am told i could have problems with getting a large TAT on my arm, any truth in this and any advice would be appreciated :thumbs

Congrats to TF
    Im a nurse if that helps m8, there is no evidence to support that what-so-ever.

In other words its "Bollox" m8. :thumbs

Now go and fill in all ya white bits
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If in dought seek medical advice.

laters
    I’m alive and kicking yeh baby.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok as an artist i can say its fine on the upper body, the legs and feet are a no no with diabetic's as diabetic should know.

but people still get them done anyway but still good to be cautious.
    EnTiTy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EnTiTy
    ok as an artist i can say its fine on the upper body, the legs and feet are a no no with diabetic's as diabetic should know.

but people still get them done anyway but still good to be cautious.
    EnTiTy
    that's why I was asking :thumbs
    intrsting to note the comments above, maybe not as obvious as you may think,I am suprised by the response of Dappa as you are a nurse and said it was Ballox, it is not the sort of question that has ever popped up when I was at the diabetic clinic, maybe it should be on my next visit, after I get my new TAT

thanks to all for such a fast positive response :thumbs
    :kissass :cry: Hmm I wonder which 3 this is ????

Thanks
    Karma Level

Found this on the net...

I always think of diabetes as a condition that occurs in perfectly normal people who lead a full active life; the only difference is that they must pay greater attention to looking after themselves than the rest of us.

Of course, it is essential to keep fit and slim, and to keep both blood pressure and blood glucose close to the ideals recommended by Diabetes UK to avoid the complications of the disease.

If you are fit, and your control is good, then your risks from having a tattoo are the same as for anyone else. These are the risks of infection at the site if the injections, the pain of the procedure, and the problems associated with removal of the tattoo if you get fed up with it; they are permanent and much harder to remove than to have done.

Historically, there has been a danger of acquiring hepatitis, and other blood-borne illnesses from the use of needles that have been used on other individuals. But, this should not happen in the UK where tattooists are keenly aware of the problem.

Good luck, and I hope you have a tattoo that you can enjoy.

and this...

"There's no harm in getting a tattoo as long as you take the necessary precautions," says DR Levy. "First of all, make absolutely certain that you go to an accredited tattoo artist. Your State Board of Cosmetology may grant certificates to tattoo artists who fulfill the necessary hygienic measures."

DR Levy warns people with diabetes there are certain places you shouldn't have tattoos, including:

• places with poor circulation such as ankles

• lower legs and buttocks, and

• areas where you take your insulin shots such as the abdomen, arms or thighs.

This bet was the best:

Levy also adds that at least 50 percent of the people who receive a tattoo regret it later. Removing a tattoo may end up costing several hundred dollars, and can result in an unwanted scar.

No 5hit, what a clever bloke he is!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

[QUOTE=BLUTO141]that's why I was asking :thumbs
    intrsting to note the comments above, maybe not as obvious as you may think,I am suprised by the response of Dappa as you are a nurse and said it was Ballox, it is not the sort of question that has ever popped up when I was at the diabetic clinic, maybe it should be on my next visit, after I get my new TAT

thanks to all for such a fast positive response :thumbs[/QUOTE
    i should add it's really down to how well you control your diabetes and what form you have
    diet/tablet contolled/injection.

if you follow the regime and check your sugar levels regular and everything is fine it WONT be a problem most diabetics have problem with feet legs etc though poor control of the regime that works for them.

a tattoo after all is minor surgery which ever way you look at it, healing is involved and diabetics need to take care of there feet and a tattoo is trauma, so as above just be cautious and stick to the upper body.

i have tattooed diabetics before with out problem's lower and upper body but that's all down to the individual but always make the artist aware of problem's health wise, a good artist will ask it's not all about clinical sterilization for blood born pathogen.

heart conditions pregnancy etc are all a risk to the client but if your pregnant man you have no reason to be in a parlour you need to get in touch with the guinness book of records
    EnTiTy

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think if you look for evidence you will mainly find that the risks that are mentioned by health professionals are the risks you would come up against anyway.(diabetes or not)

There are no definate facts that diabetics should not get tattoo's because they are at greater risk.

As long as you choose a reputable tattooist who's cleanliness is as good as his work your laughin m8.

I have a lot of diabetic friends who are covered, the only places they dont have art is there insulin sites

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DappaBastard
    I think if you look for evidence you will mainly find that the risks that are mentioned by health professionals are the risks you would come up against anyway.(diabetes or not)

There are no definate facts that diabetics should not get tattoo's because they are at greater risk.

As long as you choose a reputable tattooist who's cleanliness is as good as his work your laughin m8.

I have a lot of diabetic friends who are covered, the only places they dont have art is there insulin sites
    agreed but it's best to know the facts a risk how ever small is risk, i do know guy who lost a toe after having a tattoo on it may he rip i didnt do it btw he chose scratcher but he didnt take care of himself kept on drinking ale and the main reason fo him losing the toe.

the damn scratcher whent in about 4mm he' dead and buried now should have taken care of himself cnt be helped now

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats right m8, bet theres some real horror sites out there that would put most people off getting a tattoo.

One of my mates has them on his gums, knob end, soles of his feet (feck that).

Just goes to show some get infections some dont, he has had no problems.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats right m8, bet theres some real horror sites out there that would put most people off getting a tattoo.

One of my mates has them on his gums, knob end, soles of his feet (feck that).

Just goes to show some get infections some dont, he has had no problems.
    some people make are just glutton for punishment im covered without much flesh left except my back, that's going to be a family tree been getting round to it for years but you need to know your past first.

anyways in most cases infection is down to aftercare im for dry healing but that's m choice most artists provide the best care they can when inking you some dont, a serious problem is lots of artists ink you with one use needles fare enough but some reuse the stem and grip they may brisk it though the ultra sonic which in most cases just contains water :grr:

but otherwise any blood born pathogens will still be contained within the stem/grip so always ask your artist if he uses rapidex in his ultrasonic and that his grip/stems are put bck though the autoclave you would be suprised how many artists appear clean but dont follow basic Sterilization.
    EnTiTy

Thanks
    Karma Level

You'd be surprised how many ive seen that dont even own an autoclave m8 :coffee:

Thanks
    Karma Level

the only advice that i`d give you is......think a lot about getting your forearms done as you can`t hide them for ever e.g in an office.
    Just think alot about any tat let alone one that is on show
    Oh f@ck it!

[url]http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/nok1up/[/url]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bluto I am diabetic as well and don't have any on injection sites cos I don't fancy injecting through them. Didn't give it a second thought though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You'd be surprised how many ive seen that dont even own an autoclave m8 :coffee:
    now that's the scum of scum ok if they use plastic one use stem/grips i suppose long with the gas steri needle's i suppose sigh

Thanks
    Karma Level

Theres loads of tattooists here in the north east, some very good, but also some extremely bad.

You can normally tell by the state of the studio and the prices

Thanks
    Karma Level

[QUOTE and the prices [/QUOTE]
    you mean the ones that make them up as they go along.

Social Networking Bookmarks