Close

Thread: ankle injuries

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default ankle injuries

got myself injured in a football game this evening, 50:50 tackle ended up getting lamped on the inside of my ankle makin me have serious pain.
    anyway went to the hospital and xrays showed i had a really bad muscle spasm resulting in the muscles pressing very hard on my ligaments and bones.

im on anti inflamaories and self excersise every hour to try and make themuscles relax.

was wondering if anyone has had simular injuries and how long did it take you to get walking on it again?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: ankle injuries

ive had a similar Injury was on crutches for at least 2-3 weeks , these moronic Defensive midfielders with skin heads with have no talent whatsoever only to kick shit out the talented creative and Flair guys :grr: soz got carried away then But RICE is what i got told in Studies at college I followed this and it healed nicely
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/rehab/a/rice.htm

its a Fecker when your injured playing football, frustrating as feck cos you will lose your match fitness as well :annoyed:
    Good luck matey with the pain it gets worse after a couple of days :thumbs
    Last edited by DelTrotter; 21st October 2005 at 05:54 AM.
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dingle_666
    got myself injured in a football game this evening, 50:50 tackle ended up getting lamped on the inside of my ankle makin me have serious pain.
    anyway went to the hospital and xrays showed i had a really bad muscle spasm resulting in the muscles pressing very hard on my ligaments and bones.

im on anti inflamaories and self excersise every hour to try and make themuscles relax.

was wondering if anyone has had simular injuries and how long did it take you to get walking on it again?
    I've had the same - was walking pretty quickly but didn't play footy for 4 months :coffee:

Thanks
    Karma Level

i torm anterior ligaments on both ankles off for 6 weeks both times

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DelTrotter
    ive had a similar Injury was on crutches for at least 2-3 weeks , these moronic Defensive midfielders with skin heads with have no talent whatsoever only to kick shit out the talented creative and Flair guys :grr: soz got carried away then But RICE is what i got told in Studies at college I followed this and it healed nicely
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/rehab/a/rice.htm

its a Fecker when your injured playing football, frustrating as feck cos you will lose your match fitness as well :annoyed:
    Good luck matey with the pain it gets worse after a couple of days :thumbs
    well woke up this morning and it feels even worse gonna try some light foot excersises later tonight if i can. but u think the pain is gonna get worse?

Thanks
    Karma Level

A very similar thing happened to me a few months back. Got a support bandage put on and was told to walk on it as much as I could. It hurt like hell and got worst before it got better. I couldnt jog for about 3 weeks and now, 5 months later I still feel a slight pain when I play footy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've done things to both my ankles. The left one was injured when I went over on it playing rugby and the doctor said I ripped the ligaments. I was walking normally in under a fortnight but it took 3 monthsbefore it was properly recovered. The other ankle I did in a football match. Had a similar thing to you but with stretched ligaments into the bargain. That was on june 10th this year and it's still not right now, I have to wear an ankle support and tape it to fuck. Most things are ok, running normally in a straight line for example is fine, the pain comes when I have to turn sharply on it at which point it feels like someone is stabbing me in the ankle. Annoying thing is I was only playing in a mess around football match because it was my rugby team vs a football team for a laugh
    Hope yours isn't as bad!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tore my ankle ligaments twice when I was 17, didn't play again for over 6 months. Was a nasty injury to recover from, made it worse by doing it twice!

Take it easy and don't push yourself too much to get fit again. You'll do more damage and make it worse, I did.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

well woke up this morning and it feels even worse gonna try some light foot excersises later tonight if i can. but u think the pain is gonna get worse?
    Told you :tongue a few days its gonna feel bad mate. keep on those painkillers and ice and put a cushion under your foot when lieing down just to slightly elevate it.

Yeah some peoples ankle never recover and have to wear supports for all sporting activites, depending on the serious of the injury, hopefully with it not breaking it may heal fully touch wood.
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DelTrotter
    Told you :tongue a few days its gonna feel bad mate. keep on those painkillers and ice and put a cushion under your foot when lieing down just to slightly elevate it.

Yeah some peoples ankle never recover and have to wear supports for all sporting activites, depending on the serious of the injury, hopefully with it not breaking it may heal fully touch wood.
    Mine has never recovered properly - where my tendon tore from my bone the bone chipped so it can never heal properly - will screw my ankle up at least once a season now...