Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I a racist?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Am I a racist?

Read the post via the link at the bottom I wrote and tell me....am I a racist? The post is about 3/4 of the way down the page.

Cenus seems to think I am!

I can tell you that I am NOT racist and am very upset by him saying that I am, very upset indeed. I have Asian family members and love them dearly, if I show them what Cenus said they would flip!

I did type "I'm not racist and I apologise if the above reads that way." in the post too!!!
    Cenus chose to ignore that and call me a racist anyway :grr:

Hopefully none of you agree with him becuase I am not a bloody racist, far from it.

http://www.digital-forums.com/showth...=243572&page=3
    Last edited by Simate; 6th November 2005 at 03:35 AM.
    360 ID: Symate

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Am I a racist

Was going to reply to him in the voting section when i read he'd voted for you lol didn't bother though. I dont think your a rascist at all, if he thinks you are, then i must be one aswell as i said pretty much the same thing in that same post.

I dont care what colour or religion anyone is, but when foreigners start coming here and practically dictating what we can and cant do because it offends them, it pisses me off! Im sick of hearing about councils etc having to pussy foot around and be careful they dont upset other religions, you must be pretty pathetic to get offended over a nativity scene or whatever. I dont see why we should remove stuff like that and change the way we've been living for god knows how long just because some johnny foreigner doesn't like it. Tough shit mate!

I dont think thats rascist at all. The fact they get offended doesn't even bother me, it just bothers me that we cater to their every whim and are scared to put a foot wrong incase we're accused of being rascist!
    Last edited by Deadly; 6th November 2005 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wholey agree and thankyou for your support mate

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Am I a racist?

god damn racist pig!! j/k

I wouldnt say that your comment was racist at all.
    Whenever you talk about race or religion you're bound to stir up some kind of trouble, its just one of those subjects that some people take far too seriously.

ABCMan

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    Was going to reply to him in the voting section when i read he'd voted for you lol didn't bother though. I dont think your a rascist at all, if he thinks you are, then i must be one aswell as i said pretty much the same thing in that same post.

I dont care what colour or religion anyone is, but when foreigners start coming here and practically dictating what we can and cant do because it offends them, it pisses me off! Im sick of hearing about councils etc having to pussy foot around and be careful they dont upset other religions, you must be pretty pathetic to get offended over a nativity scene or whatever. I dont see why we should remove stuff like that and change the way we've been living for god knows how long just because some johnny foreigner doesn't like it. Tough shit mate!

I dont think thats rascist at all. The fact they get offended doesn't even bother me, it just bothers me that we cater to their every whim and are scared to put a foot wrong incase we're accused of being rascist!
    count me in on that, its OUR country (this is all thoe of us who are british, any colour/race) i'd happily take the job of evicting any who chose to live here but hold their alliegence to a foregin flag, they dont want to be here, they dont want to be part of our country but if you politely suggest they fuck off to the country whose flag they fly then it is us who are the racists, that said the worst of them all are the liberal do gooders that come up with these "oh that might offend someone" pieces of crap, its not the moslems who are doing it some of the time its these labour supporting arseholes who are trying to prove their "PC" credentials.

the sooner we get rid of tony and his asss kissing freaks, get rid of all this politicaly correct crap and get rid of this enforced (and failed) multiculturalism the better, we are british we already have a culture, if you live here then enjoy our culture and join in with it, or keep your own culture to yourselves, just dont try ramming it down our throats cos that makes us sick

ABCMan

Quote Originally Posted by Subby
    god damn racist pig!! j/k

I wouldnt say that your comment was racist at all.
    Whenever you talk about race or religion you're bound to stir up some kind of trouble, its just one of those subjects that some people take far too seriously.
    hehe tell me about it, but that said this is a forum and oposing views help things along nicely

[ remove brain]
    you realy shouldnt have called him a pig it might offend him
    [ /remove brain]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nothing wrong with a little cultural diversity but when its forced upon you, you're obviously going to revolt against it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

"the worst of them all are the liberal do gooders that come up with these "oh that might offend someone" pieces of crap, its not the moslems who are doing it some of the time its these labour supporting arseholes who are trying to prove their "PC" credentials."

I think thats one of the main problems, these people play into the hands of some of them and make a big issue out of something that really wasn't a problem. They say they need to change something "incase it offends someone" so then you get some people jumping on the bandwagon saying it does offend them, but if they'd never mentioned it to begin with, they'd probably have never even thought about it. We need to cut that shit out really, where will they draw the line? when bacon sandwiches are banned because it offends muslims? i can honestly see that happening! and i dont even think its muslims at fault (or whatever religion) it's probably our own bloody fault for being so worried about offending people when theres really no need half the time.

I can maybe see how what we're saying could come across as heartless, but definately not rascist.
    Last edited by Deadly; 6th November 2005 at 04:00 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No need to ban anything, just learn to live with it. Banning something to please one group of people will undoubtedly piss another group off.

The day bacon sarnies are banned i'm going to play Guy Fawkes round parliament.

ABCMan

to be quite honest i think the most racist phrase in the english language is "political correctness", in its name we have seen our own culture denigrated to the point where those who dont understand start voting for racists like the bnp, on the other side of the coin you get certain religious groups who use it to scream racism whenever anyone does or suggests something they dont like (or in the case of labour supportesrs "think" someone may not like) even when someone isnt racist.

it get rammed down everyones throats so much that perfectly normal people start to see racism in things that simply arent racist at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think you're racist at all, infact you are one of the few in this shithole country still not afraid to speak the truth!
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Instead of you lot all slapping each other on the back and convincing yourself you're not racist, even though most of you clearly have issues with foriegners and seem to be somewhat xenophobic, why don't you take a stand? You obviously feel strongly about these issues.

The difference between you and the people you are complaining about is that they know the value of community and they don't sit on their arses behind a keyboard and moan. They get off their arses and do something about things they are not happy with.

If they want a mosque building they organise, plan and get on with it while the white anglo-saxon fools around them moan in forums like this one.

Don't blame ethnic communities for taking advantage of what a democratic, tolerant society offers them. If you want to change the way this country is then get off your fat arses and make a stand. Or shut the fuck up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Political Correctness has gone fucking mad... if there were two words that should never be put in the same sentence its Political and Correctness... as deadly said... Fuck Johnny Foriegner its my country and I will live as my father did and his dad and his dad... if you are offended by my traditions, religions or generally offended by MY countries flag you know what you can do... fuck off and dont bother coming back.

I am only two happy to deal with people from all walks of life and religeons and countries but once you start ranting about my homeland I do get offended and yes they will hear about it too.

Is that racist?

oh and on your question no you aint racist.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    some johnny foreigner
    What an expression!

The other week we caught the tram to get to East Croydon station(at around 6pm), and there was a group of 5 young black males, acting excessively boistrously, bashing into other passengers, play fighting with each other, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. This isn't the first time I've seen this, the last time was on a train from Beckenham Junction to Brixton, it started in a similar fashion, (a group of 6 or 7 young, black males, being loud and obtrusive) but ended with them taking a young white guys phone and wallet. It wasn't unitl they got off at Herne Hill and were banging on the window and laughing that the white kid told another passenger what they had done.

I couldn't help thinking these guys really aren't helping themselves when there is a great racial intolerance growing in our country, the other passengers are going to go home and say to their family/partners " my god there was a bunch of black guys on the tram and they were really intimidating". And that's how the rot of racism spreads. Maybe I am being naive when I say that surely they should have the forethought to know that this will effect the majority of their ethnic group, who will now be judged by this disgusting behaviour. Okay, you are going to say that would be sheer ignorance on behalf of the white/asian/oriental whoever that are viewing the black guys in this way, but racism is ignorance and the bottom line is that is how too many people judge others. People judge on appearance before anything else.

People don't help themselves, if you don't like what 's happening do something about it and make a change. There's plenty of people out there who aren't prepared to sit on the arses moaning, they make their views count and they try to make a difference.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by incognito™
    Fuck Johnny Foriegner its my country and I will live as my father did and his dad and his dad...
    Dear oh dear, you must know very little history, to not realise that the forefathers of Great Britain marauded around the world creating the British Empire, murdering and torturing innocent people who were living in their own countries minding their own business....and all in the name of the British Empire. If anything the wheel has turned full cycle and we are reaping what we sowed by enforcing ourselves on other nations.

A previous discussion with another DF member, led to him enlightening me that after the second world war, we brought into our country thousands of people from abroad (from the West Indies, Caribbean, India and Pakistan) to help rebuild our country as they were cheaper than British labour and prepared to do the work. And what did you expect to happen after they had helped to rebuild so call Great Britain, that they'd be packed back off to their country of origin? Too late this was now their country too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I do not see anything racist about asking people who come from other countries to live in the UK, to respect our beliefs and traditions. We are supposed to be a multi-cultural society after all and of course that also brings with it multi-religion as well.

So why should one belief system be altered in such away as to appease others. After all haven't we been taught to tolerate others differing beliefs?

I say let the muslims etc.. celebrate 25th December in their own way. In fact I don't think any of them complain about us celebrating "Christmas", it just the politicians have got some short circuits in their minds thinking that we should have our own beliefs eroded to appease the minority groups.

So lets respect each others beliefs and not automatically call people racist, just because we ask others to tolerate our beliefs.

I don't mind them setting up their own areas to practice their beliefs so as long as they respect ours and not try and change it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That's got nothing to do with race. They were hooligans, white or black what they did was wrong. There are many more instances of white youths displaying the same behaviour and worse.

Most of my family and friends are racist, the trouble is they don't even know it. It is so ingrained into the very fabric of our society and splashed all over the media that the mistrust of anyone with a diiferent colour skin or a foriegn accent is second nature to most white people. Especially working class white people who are generally poorly educated and too fukin busy watching eastenders to get off their arses and find out some basic facts regarding immigrants and their effect on the social, economic and cultural landscape of this country.

For centuries we have exploited the 3rd world for economic reasons. Everyone here has benefitted from the misfortune of millions of 3rd world citizens who have been forced to work for a pitance, in order for us have cheap goods and services.

We owe some of these communities a great deal of gratitiude, immigrants from the Indian sub-continent suffered greatly under Britsh rule, as did countless other peoples from virtually every corner of the globe. We took from them and gave very little unless it benefitted us to do so.

So try opening your fukin eyes a little, take a look at the global economy that perpetuates the gap in wealth and your place in that economy. Most of you are more than happy to see an indian child work 12 hours a day for a $1 so you can have cheap clothes and then wonder why he will do almost anything to come here and try and make his life more bearable.

Try thinking beyond your fukin small, insignificant lives and you might see things differently, you might even learn something.
    Last edited by CzarJunkie; 6th November 2005 at 11:46 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie
    That's got nothing to do with race. They were hooligans, white or black what they did was wrong. There are many more instances of white youths displaying the same behaviour and worse.

I was just using it as an example of how I can imagine people form racist views of other ethnic groups, it could have easily been 5 white guys, behaving in exactly the same manner and a West Indian passenger could have returned home to tell their family what intimidating behaviour they had witnessed or been subjected to.

You say people are happy "to see a child working" in order that we may buy cheaper clothes, but that's the problem, people don't see and don't think that far down the line to make the connection between the two.
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 6th November 2005 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thankyou all

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not racist no. There was some racist shite posted on here the other day though, the culprit knows who he is
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast