Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Idea For Coping With Junk Mail!

When you get "ads" enclosed with your phone or utility bill, return these "ads" with your payment. Let the sending companies throw their own junk mail away.

When you get those "pre-approved" letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and similar type junk, do not throw away the return envelope.

Most of these come with postage-paid return envelopes, right?
    It costs them more than the regular postage costs "IF" and when they receive them back.

It costs them nothing if you throw them away! The postage was around 50 cents before the last increase and it is according to the weight.
    In that case, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little, postage-paid return envelopes.

One of Andy Rooney's (60 minutes) ideas.

Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Send a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their blank application back!

If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on anything you send them.

You can even send the envelope back empty if you want to just to keep them guessing! It still costs them the postage costs! hehe!

The banks and credit card companies are currently getting a lot of their own junk back in the mail, but folks, we need to OVERWHELM them.

Let's let them know what it's like to get lots of junk mail, and best of all they're paying for it...Twice!

Let's help keep our postal service busy since they are saying that e-mail is cutting into their business profits, and that's why they need to increase postage costs again. You get the idea!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Idea For Coping With Junk Mail!

Was going to do this years ago after it was suggested by a friend. But I kinda think people like him are putting up the cost of owning a credit card/bank account. I mean the amount of money he's wasted for them in returning their junk mail in their prepaid envolopes, must be in the hundreds by now. Think if 10000 people do that, thats a lot of money down the tube so they will have to increase charges to the customer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i rip the envelope up it came in and post it bk in the free pone they provide n capital one keep sendin me shit n i dont own one credit card

Thanks
    Karma Level

We had a paving slab posted back to us (2' x 2') with the reply envelope sellotaped to it. Oh how I laughed.