Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Termy

Default Re: Cancel Your Contract With Three ??

Three cannot even generate the codes for the 6630 and 6680, well thats what I have been told on serveral different occasions today ??

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

They took payment of £15 each for our lock codes and said they would be with us in 30 days

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by Northernbloke
    They took payment of £15 each for our lock codes and said they would be with us in 30 days
    I got the info off a guy from the Scottish call centre. He told me that they couldnt generate the codes for the Three network, but it was possible for the others ??

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Dunno m8 - i kicked up a fuss about paying by card for the code at least 30 days before they would provide it and I have also reported them to my bank - if i don't receive the code within 7 days (after the 30 days they quoted) then the bank will refund the money and chase 3 for it - so nothing really to lose.

I got my PAC code yesterday after calling several times requesting it - my missus has had no such luck - she's been repeatedly promised someone will call her within a couple of hours to give her her PAC code, but still no joy - she's rung and demanded it, even telling them that I got mine instatly over the phone, but the muppets there still insist in broken english that they can't help - so far we've spoken to Robinson, Achmed, Maximus, Sanjay, and several other "ethnic" names I can't even pronounce, never mind spell!!!! - hopefully her code will be here in the morning and we can go shopping. Samsung D600 on T-Mobile seems like a good deal - 18 month contract with 12 months 1/2 price @ £16.50 for 300 any network minutes + 100 texts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, I've been on 3 for about 10 months now. I never had a problem at the start apart from say a couple of dropped calls per month but thats about it. I then started to get loads of dropped calls and I got really pissed off after a couple of weeks of it and smashed my A1000 off the wall. Totally broke so I sent it back saying the screen cracked for some reason and they returned it saying they can't fix or replace it cos it was my fault...to cut a long story short I gave my dad the contract and I got him the NEC phone the one that opens up like a portable dvd player lol...he's never had 1 dropped call and whenever I use it it's top notch. I just wish I had the same luck as him...

At the end of the day I can't really grumble 20 quid /month for 750 mins and 150 txts...but they do need to get their acts together as they'd get all the business on the market if they had the coverage. This is because of their prices not because their Customer Services etc and pish like that.

To cut a long story short I'll wait till january and get a new phone and then try and cancel it if the loophole is still open, if not I'll probably cancel it.

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by tam9
    Well, I've been on 3 for about 10 months now. I never had a problem at the start apart from say a couple of dropped calls per month but thats about it. I then started to get loads of dropped calls and I got really pissed off after a couple of weeks of it and smashed my A1000 off the wall. Totally broke so I sent it back saying the screen cracked for some reason and they returned it saying they can't fix or replace it cos it was my fault...to cut a long story short I gave my dad the contract and I got him the NEC phone the one that opens up like a portable dvd player lol...he's never had 1 dropped call and whenever I use it it's top notch. I just wish I had the same luck as him...

At the end of the day I can't really grumble 20 quid /month for 750 mins and 150 txts...but they do need to get their acts together as they'd get all the business on the market if they had the coverage. This is because of their prices not because their Customer Services etc and pish like that.

To cut a long story short I'll wait till january and get a new phone and then try and cancel it if the loophole is still open, if not I'll probably cancel it.
    The loophole will NOT be there m8, as they have changed the 3 to 3 calls from the 17th of November. If you take out a contract after then or use the service then you are agreeing to their terms and conditions. Thats why it is only open for a certain period to cancel the contract.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry to sound dumb. But does it mean if I order one tomorrow I'll get a new phone for free if I cancel it? I just wanna make sure before I commit myself to anything.

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by tam9
    Sorry to sound dumb. But does it mean if I order one tomorrow I'll get a new phone for free if I cancel it? I just wanna make sure before I commit myself to anything.
    No m8, they have changed the call costs now and sent letters out to those (or supposed to have done) who are already in contracts. The reason people are doing this is because they are not allowed to alter any of the contract whilst you are midway through it.

If you was to get a new contract now they would inform you of the changes and you would have to agree with them, therefore it cannot be done with a brand new contract m8.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah, right gotcha mate. Thanks for explaining it to me. I was like coooo I can get a new phone but obviously I was being a thicko and not reading it properly.

Thanks again for the clarification

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for that mate i have dully given them 30 days notice

Thanks
    Karma Level

i've just had a right nightmare with three, my 6680 messed up so i sent it away, 3 weeks later i got it back!! still been paying linbe rental etc, they were arrogant when i rang up and just fobbed me off!!

i want to cancel!!

i'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to ringing up and cancelling though , i ring them and say i want to cancel? or do i need to send it in writing?? also do i have to quote a section etc??

sorry to ask to be spoon fed but i don't want to fcuk this up, i want to be on o2

P

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ring em up, tell them you've had a letter saying their call charges are going up and under the terms and conditions of the contract you signed you'd like to cancel the contract free of charge - Quote paragraph 10.1d of the terms and conditions at them repeatedly until they listen (i only had to quote it once, but my missus had 2 days of hassle of them before they gave in - it all depends on whether you get a muppet on the phone or someone that knows their job.

Theres a link to the terms and conditions further back up this post - look up paragraph 10.1d on there so you know what you are quoting.

Also one of the arguments they used on my missus was that the increase in call charges wasn't "of detriment" to her because she had never gone over her inclusive minutes - she just argued back that she might go over them at any point in the future and that if she did it would affect her - eventually they gave in and gave her her pac code - just be persistent m8 and keep trying - don't believe them when they promise to call you back - they won't. also do it quick becasue as i understand it by using your phone after the increases come into effect then you have effectively agreed to the changes and can't use the get out clause in 10.1d.

Good luck

Thanks
    Karma Level

just remember how bad you want out of three and they wont sway you lol

cas

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by casio
    just remember how bad you want out of three and they wont sway you lol

cas
    I didnt, I just wanted new handsets. :thumbs :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think im softening my stance on them a little ive been having a look around and theres not much in the way of value, it looks like im either going back to 3 (not that likley) or im going on an 18month contract with either voda (3g 500) or tmobile and taking 12 months half price

cas

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by casio
    i think im softening my stance on them a little ive been having a look around and theres not much in the way of value, it looks like im either going back to 3 (not that likley) or im going on an 18month contract with either voda (3g 500) or tmobile and taking 12 months half price

cas
    I also have a T-Mobile contract and they are not bad at all now m8. They have improved 100% since the last time I had one years ago.

I am waiting till the end of the month though, as Three are bringing the new handsets out then. Will see whats on offer and decide then.

Thanks
    Karma Level

they are good deals, when they're working that is

P

Thanks
    Karma Level

i rang carphoneware house and they were saying the 6630 with the gps will end at the beginging of dec so if i want that to go in but from what they know they'd wait and seeing as ive till the 8th of dec to deside i thought that theres no harm in waiting to see which is best cos its my luck to get one 15 days before the end ot the month and miss out on something better lol

cas

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Update - Looks like 3 are refusing to provide unlock codes now - they rang my missus and informed her that they couldn't provide the code and refunded her £15. I've just spent over an hour on the phone to them asking why they can't provide it - as i understand it all they have to do is send a written request form in to Nokia and Nokia will reply with the code for them to pass on. They claimed to have been told by Nokia that it's not possible for "any" 6680 handsets to be unlocked at present. Cobblers as far as i'm concerned as I know 3 people who've had them unlocked on vodafone.

When I asked them to confirm in writing that they wouldn't supply the unlock code and their reasons for doing so I was given the amazing line of "it's not possible for us to initiate written correspondance". after getting through to the 3rd level of supervisors I was eventually told that they will not supply confirmation in writing unless I write into them first - they won't accept my request for the information by telephone - crazy or what. They suggested going to the CPW (who we got the phones from initially) or a Nokia service centre. I used to work in a nokia servce centre so rang a m8 there to check and was told that 3 need to make the request to nokia - service centres can't do it without written permission from the network it was originally locked to. CPW just advised us to go to "one of the little stalls you see on markets and car boot sales and the like " to get it unlocked - girl i spoke to there didn't seem to understand that if that was all it took then i'd already have done that and wouldn't be ringing them up

Termy

As I stated m8, Three handsets cannot be done YET. Voda and the rest can generate the codes themselves but with the Three handsets it is just not possible. There have been working code generators knocking about for a short while now for Voda and the rest, but it seems that the Three handsets are rarer than the rest ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast