Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default yanks dont have a clue!

Waiting for my return flight from new york a couple of weeks ago I got talking to an english guy at the gate about how huge american cars are and how pointlessly gas guzzling they are. This conversation led on to global warming etc. An american woman butted in and stated that global warming does not exist and that it was a myth. Her reason for this view: Because president bush had said so. This left both me and the other guy totally gobsmacked. Are the majority of americans really this gullible? I also read somewhere the other day that a lot of americans dont even know that camp xray exists, let alone what its being used for.

DJ
    I was touched by Jesus, so i had him arrested.

Termy

Default Re: yanks dont have a clue!

Lol, a lot of British kids dont even know that chips are made of potatoes ??

I think daftness is a worldwide condition. :tongue :tongue

Thanks
    Karma Level

There's no doubt that western education systems are failing and have been for a number of generations. The total lack of knowledge, espeically of general topics such as basic geography, basic world history and basic science is startling in the younger generations and it is getting worse.

Regarding the US, the biggest problem they face along with their failing education system is their insular view of the world especially among the lower classes. Something like 90% of US citizens don't own a passport. This limits their view of the world and of course restricts their understanding of anything outside the US. It is incredible the number of sales we get from users in the US who think our website and company are based in the US, they seem to have little or no realisation that any country exists outside it's borders. They don't even know what the United Kingdom is and just ignore that when completing their details. We even had someone with a military email address order something and she played fuck when we pointed out that we were based in the UK and we wouldn't be sending her goods to Maryland free of charge. :nono

Thanks
    Karma Level

Americans think America is the whole world (and maybe Iraq, but i bet half them couldn't point out Iraq on a map)

They seem to be brainwashed from birth, having to pledge a legiance to the country etc etc and singing national anthems every bloody oppurtunity and hanging flags everywhere. Taught that America is the greatest bloody thing that exists. They truly think America is the only country worth knowing anything about and anywhere else must be like a 3rd world country to them.

I've spoke to people online who were like "the UK? what state is that?? hmm, never heard of it before" and the ones who do know the UK exists think it's made up of London, and thats it lol

Regarding camp x-ray, thats why its in Cuba, so the yanks themselfes dont have to get in any real trouble for it as it's not on their home soil. Why else is it in Cuba? isn't like they're lacking space to put it in America itself!

I fucking hate when peoples arguments end with "well Bush said so, and he's our president, so we need to stand by him!" get a grip!!

Saying that though, there are some Americans who aren't this bad, so its not as if every single one is like this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

US bashing again

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Greatest people on earth ,yer all jel
    im jealous of the american education system id being goin to frat parties getin pissed all the time shouting Toga, Toga have you seen american Pie and these college romps its all like that aint it?
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ignorance is bliss!!!

That`s why i`m so damn happy!!
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

America is a great place, great food, great women, great big phat cars lol, they don't take any crap either. Thick as shit though lol
    360 ID: Symate

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    Americans think America is the whole world (and maybe Iraq, but i bet half them couldn't point out Iraq on a map).
    only half?

Thanks
    Karma Level

...and you reckon more than that amount of UK citizens could do the same ?,in fact how many Iraqis could point out the US on a map. ?

Go hug a tree.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I reckon quite a few UK citizens Iraqis could point out the US on a map, and yanks are just plain ignorrant twats, they think the world is America, they are the bullies of the world, they say they're going to war to "help the ppl of the country", when in reality they just fuck it up and go there for oil and whatever else they cn get their hands on!

One day they're gonna get fucked over majorly for being such dicks to other countries!! When tht day comes I wnt 2 b 1st in line to see wot happens!!

As stated not all of them are thick twats, n I feel sorry for those that actually do know that the world doesn't revolve around America n are decent folk!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Termy
    Lol, a lot of British kids dont even know that chips are made of potatoes ??
    The problem is all down to the fact that everyone wants to have lots of money and posesions. The house prices going stupid ect are all to blame.

Back when people could afford to buy a house mums stayed at home and looked after the kids, made the evening meal from propper food. played with the kids and stood on the doorstep while the kids were playing in the street.

Now its mum dumps kids with child minder picks the up after work pulls a bag of somthing out of the freezer and puts in in the oven or microwave on to the plate and they are them given a video/dvd or games machine to play with for the rest of the day.

Kids rarley go out side to play because they are scared of the perverts (I cant spell ped0file). there were still perverts about when I was younger but with mum watching at the door of my mate mum watching there was very little chance for anything to happen. now the parents are too tired to be arsed with the kids and when they do go out they see it as a break and chance to rest becasue they have been working all day.

Back on topic, yes most americans are thick as pigshit when it comes to anything past the beach, jesus they only start to take notice of a bloody huricaine when it is blowing the roof off the beach house.

I love the place, I have lots of more intelegent freinds that live over there. I was really suprised during my drive up to San Francisco on the I-5 in the summer that there was a huge windfarm on the side of the road.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Domain28
    I reckon quite a few UK citizens Iraqis could point out the US on a map, and yanks are just plain ignorrant twats, they think the world is America, they are the bullies of the world, they say they're going to war to "help the ppl of the country", when in reality they just fuck it up and go there for oil and whatever else they cn get their hands on!

One day they're gonna get fucked over majorly for being such dicks to other countries!! When tht day comes I wnt 2 b 1st in line to see wot happens!!

As stated not all of them are thick twats, n I feel sorry for those that actually do know that the world doesn't revolve around America n are decent folk!!
    Im sure many of them can put together a coherent sentence though. :whistle

Thanks
    Karma Level

Theres always one person that will stun you with some amazing stupidity but you cant base a whole countrys intellectuality on that basis, im sure there are people that live in the same area as you mate that are the same, agreed I know some daft americans Bush to name just one but there are also some bloody clever yanks engineers, doctors/surgeons a lot of the top dogs in thre field are based in US so I wouldnt judge them on one experience. I like americans well the ones I have met are all nice decent people.

Thanks
    Karma Level

its kinda unfair to say any nation is stupid, i mean theres alot of fucking morons in this country, america is a bigger country, so alot more morons.
    I think the problem with the uk, and maybe the usa too, is the fact that its fast becoming "ok" to be such a fucking moron. bad spelling, terrible handwriting and some fucked up gibber they pass as spoken english are the norm now, and the younger generation feel no shame in this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Street culture in this country tends to mimic the USA, look how teenagers are dressing and acting now? They take thier lead from US rap culture..ultimatly if the USA sorts itself out, then rule of thumb is that we follow...yes thier are plenty of dumb American, and they seem to have put one in the white house, but there are plenty of sensible ones too!! Just this week Bill Clinton has come out and said that Bush was wrong and the Iraqi war is a bad idea!!
    But Love`em or hate`em!! we watch each others backs, in a world where most of the planet wants us torn apart!!!
    So better the devil you know?
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

many moons ok when I frquented the Isonews forums (yes, I know... don't say it) several times I encountered yanks who were confued about my location (which said "UK")....

One guy even thought it stood for "Ukraine" ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think we should make a distinction between the US Administration and the actual population at large. Lets not forget that the US has given the world a few things we couldn't live without such as the light bulb, mass produced cars and of course the humble PC and probably the greatest innovation since the industrial revolution, the internet.

With such a large land mass and 250 million people they are going to have their fair share of idiots just as we have. I think western societies as a whole are having problems educating their citizens to a standard that was common place before the consumer society we now exist in came into being. With the rise of Cable/Satellite TV, Video games, Celebrity and all the other distractions we have created it is no wonder we spend more time worrying about why Brad and Jen split up instead of issues which could make real differences to people's lives.

Of course some cynics would suggest that the consumer society is a natural result of our capitalist ideals and by creating these distractions and keeping a certain percentage of society in a comatose state you actually make them more subservant and easier to manipulate. I do believe that a capitalist society naturally breeds apathy and as we become more and more hypnotised by the distractions, apathy towards activites that matter, like voting or making our feelings known about issues we disagree with, will ultimatlely be our downfall.

Having said that I could be wrong, I often am. :cartman

Thanks
    Karma Level

the US has given the world a few things we couldn't live without such as the light bulb
    Hmm, and I always thought that was B+Q.. learn something new everyday.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldn't say americans are stupid but if you took the warning labels off of the products in wall mart the problem should solve itself.
    Trying not to kill myself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMQH_xrFmKU

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast