Close

View Poll Results: How much you Bench Press TOTAL inc bar KG.

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • *Whats a Bench Press??????*

11 8.40%
  • 0 - 20kg *I am a Lady*

5 3.82%
  • 21 - 40kg

6 4.58%
  • 41 - 60kg

8 6.11%
  • 61 - 80kg

34 25.95%
  • 81 - 100kg

31 23.66%
  • 101 - 120kg

22 16.79%
  • 121 - 140kg *Might go Pro*

3 2.29%
  • *Over 140kg I am not of this world*

11 8.40%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Are you stronger than me?

I would usually press 75kg (inc bar weight) for 10 reps of 10. I'm by no means a power lifter but I don't intend to be, I appreciate the cardio benefits of it (Being an oldish geezer, I know I have limitations). I also prefer free weights as you can isolate the excercise to a certain muscle/group. I am traditionally more into martial arts and the elongation and stamina of muscles as opposed to 'bulk'.

Stats:
    5'8"
    12 Stone
    43" Chest (Lats mainly)
    32" Waist
    14" Biceps

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jackroo
    Yeah show us some pics Mr Olympia, yeah best not to start with heavy weights and shit untill you get to 18, I believe technically you dont stop growing untill your 21 but to be honest I dont know many people that between 18 and 21 grew a massive amount.

I started when I was about 18 now 22, I also dont believe its a good idea to have protein shakes untill your over the age of 18 for the reason mentioned above, body still growing.
    WHY? That is total nonsense m8!! What is it that aids your growth m8!!!!PROTEIN,So god knows where you came up with that...16 yrs old is an adequate age to start weight training.It gives you the chance to set good foundations and also a good time when you body is still growing...
    @Mr Olympia,how long you been training m8? is it more for the power/strength side of it you do it for m8?? Is this through natural gains m8?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by toto67
    WHY? That is total nonsense m8!! What is it that aids your growth m8!!!!PROTEIN,So god knows where you came up with that...16 yrs old is an adequate age to start weight training.It gives you the chance to set good foundations and also a good time when you body is still growing...
    @Mr Olympia,how long you been training m8? is it more for the power/strength side of it you do it for m8?? Is this through natural gains m8?

Shit yeah your right there is no proof that they are bad for you been looking on Google, to be honest I thinkI got confused with Creatine and hormone replacement stuff.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me . But anyway my gym wont serve you 1 if your under the age of 16 (Think its 16), for the reason stated above. Its a drink to enhance growth, they get told. They obviously know something I dont.

Some woman goes to the gym with her kid whos about 15 and she asked him if he wanted one and before he could reply the woman behind the counter said he cant.

Although saying that I had a mate who started real early like 14-15 lifting weights and his identical brother never used to go. I see them sometimes and they are identical apart from the fact that he about 7 inches smaller and much wider but he probably was on the old NOR19 or MAG10.
    Last edited by jackroo; 22nd November 2005 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe its what they put in them m8 ,thats why she is opposed to selling them to someone under 16 yrs old.But I like to know what is in my protein shakes,hence the reason I make mines prior to going.But if its the bottled ones you buy,an expense you dont really need..But the latter part of your post there,is everyone has different genetics and build etc so it is pretty hard to to say what one has taken and the other hasnt.Everybody reacts differently to different things.What works for one doesnt work for others....

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest lads I don’t think it matters what age you start to take protein shakes ect, Within reason. After a work out a protein shake in my mind is taken to aid the recovery process from the workout b4 hand. It also helps to top up the pool of amino acids in your body which gets used when there isn’t enough protein in your body to recovery properly.

I also agree with toto67 I think 16 is the right age to start, just when your body normally starts mature and gets its proper strengths which is a good starting point to build on and up.

:thumbs :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

max i did (free weight) was 130Kg (inc the bar) X 1 rep and 125Kg (inc the bar) X 3 reps

also military press (free weight) 100Kg (inc the bar) X 1 rep.

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK lets face it the exercise that defines how much of a M A N you are is the Bench Press,
    Being a real man is dependant on a number of factors, pushing weights isn't one of them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Olympia
    140kg +

Split routine for me.

Monday/Thursday = Back & Biceps
    Tuesday/Friday = Chest, shoulders & Triceps
    Wednesday = Legs

For my chest, flat bench (free weight) last set is 3½ plates (forgot to say each side) plus the bar which I do 6 reps (with my bro spotting me).

Height = 5' 7"
    Weight = 19½ stone
    Chest = 56"
    Bicep = 21"
    Wow thats some stats there dude, can i ask, do you juice ?
    Chemically enhanced

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree I dont have the luxury of says to recover i tend to go 4 times a week but as I work the entire weekend, I have to do 2days on 1 day off 2 days on.
    You should juice mate, you can go twice a day, 6 days a week and only have to leave the gym because of massive pumps you get.

Lift heavy, eat big, sleep well = Gains

I know it`s off topic but some of the lets say "newer" guys that are into fitness will not know that good results is a marothon and not a race, and if it`s strength you want then TREN is the daddy. My Olympia will know what i`m on about

Good luck guys.
    Chemically enhanced

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here Kryptonite out of curiosity m8...what are your stats m8???? But dont think you should be posting pic's of that shit m8...Pretty sure nobody wants to go there
    But if you could tell your stats

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sure

Height 5`7"
    weight 15.5 stone
    Chest 48"
    Bicep 16.5"

I have been bigger/looked better in the past but always get lazy this time of year, and as for the pics, to the majority it looks like some kinda yellow drink . With the kinda smeg that is about on the net there is far worse i could have posted. I`ve put on over 2 stone on in like 6 weeks before now, ok alot of it is water but funny as hell when people ask you sheepishly at the gym "Do you take steroids"? and i just reply "Nope! Just creatine and i eat plenty" hehe.
    Chemically enhanced

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why the need to lie then if you think it is ok then m8?? Thats the thing that does me tits in with people who take that shit....How long have you been taking it for? What is your purpose for taking it? But wouldnt say your stats is anything to shout about ,especially being on the gear as you say..Would it not be better to achieve whatever you want out of it,drug free than being a jagger:nowords:
    I suppose its each to their own but dont really understand why the need for it...
    How long have you been training for,was there anything that made you want to try it out...Just curious to know why people want to go down this road.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Team
    Being a real man is dependant on a number of factors, pushing weights isn't one of them.
    Just having some fun, sorry
    Last edited by jackroo; 23rd November 2005 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here Kryptonite out of curiosity m8...what are your stats m8???? But dont think you should be posting pic's of that shit m8...Pretty sure nobody wants to go there
    But if you could tell your stats

Yeah I agree not a good path to take especially injections, I had a mate who took, think the worse thing would be making trips down to the local needle exchange point with the heroin addicts. lol Not really my cup of tea

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why the need to lie then if you think it is ok then m8?? Thats the thing that does me tits in with people who take that shit....How long have you been taking it for? What is your purpose for taking it? But wouldnt say your stats is anything to shout about ,especially being on the gear as you say..Would it not be better to achieve whatever you want out of it,drug free than being a jagger:nowords:
    I suppose its each to their own but dont really understand why the need for it...
    How long have you been training for,was there anything that made you want to try it out...Just curious to know why people want to go down this road.....
    What am i fibbing about? oh the creatine line, just having a laugh, or can`t you see that? As for being on that sh!t as you put it, whats sh!t about it?

A jagger, well that`s a new one on me, I`m not gonna spend ages in trying to justify what i do in my own time to you, big is not everything, i do have a family life and a steady job to hold down to so i feel that the free time i have to spend down the gym is enough without spending all my life in there.

Blimey you go on as if i`m a heroin addict, i bet i have a healthier lifestyle than you. Can you say that i came here telling everyone to do it? No, When people ask me that type of question i feel it`s not the best introduction because the majority of people, including you are ignorant about it. As for my stats i know they don`t sound that good but what i have is lean muscle and good posture, i could go further and increase size but i`ve done it before and nothing fits and the wife bangs on about looking ridiculous, not to mention it costs a fortune for a big stack + correct post cycle therapy.

I have been training on and off for years, but i have to draw the line in what is healthy and what is compulsive, as for natural achievement, the size that i was (9 stone 10) i was unhappy with my looks and chose the route i did, call it vanity, call it what you like. why do some people try a cigarette, they just do well ditto.

Tell you what, whilst your on your high horse whay don`t you quiz Mr Olympia about his lifestyle cos there is no way (with his stats) that`s natural.

Sorry if you feel i`ve had a pop at you but like anything in life there is a safe limit to what you can do before you destroy yourself, i.e. smoking, drinking, you name it. From what i was to where i am now, tell me that i have wasted my time, after all this is the gym section and i don`t think im the only one that has a little help in getting the gains i want.

Next time you see a bodybuilding comp on tv, look at the 80kg class (12.6 stone) and tell me there stats are not good. Stats are ok but there is such a thing a symetry and proportion, Mr Olympia sounds big but for all you know he could be smooth as hell and not really cut at all, and with clothes on you would just think he was large and nothing else.

Sorry to involve you Mr O. but i`m just using your big stats as an example and i don`t doubt you physique at all.

"Why did i go down that road"? Well not everyone is happy with the way they look so they look for a little help, it`s not cheating, have you any idea how much work there is to get gains, with or without juice. Too many people think that all that is involved is shooting 3ml a week and thats it, it`s not.

Now tread careful nextime you wanna have it about something you don`t know about and chill a bit more, now are we cool or what dude ?

Regards.
    Chemically enhanced

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I agree not a good path to take especially injections, I had a mate who took, think the worse thing would be making trips down to the local needle exchange point with the heroin addicts. lol Not really my cup of tea
    As for needle exchange i see it this way, if you can afford the stuff then you can afford your pins, swabs, and barrels.

I leave the needle exchange places well alone for people that need them more than i do.
    Last edited by Kryptonite; 23rd November 2005 at 03:44 AM.
    Chemically enhanced

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite
    What am i fibbing about? oh the creatine line, just having a laugh, or can`t you see that? As for being on that sh!t as you put it, whats sh!t about it?

A jagger, well that`s a new one on me, I`m not gonna spend ages in trying to justify what i do in my own time to you, big is not everything, i do have a family life and a steady job to hold down to so i feel that the free time i have to spend down the gym is enough without spending all my life in there.

Blimey you go on as if i`m a heroin addict, i bet i have a healthier lifestyle than you. Can you say that i came here telling everyone to do it? No, When people ask me that type of question i feel it`s not the best introduction because the majority of people, including you are ignorant about it. As for my stats i know they don`t sound that good but what i have is lean muscle and good posture, i could go further and increase size but i`ve done it before and nothing fits and the wife bangs on about looking ridiculous, not to mention it costs a fortune for a big stack + correct post cycle therapy.

I have been training on and off for years, but i have to draw the line in what is healthy and what is compulsive, as for natural achievement, the size that i was (9 stone 10) i was unhappy with my looks and chose the route i did, call it vanity, call it what you like. why do some people try a cigarette, they just do well ditto.

Tell you what, whilst your on your high horse whay don`t you quiz Mr Olympia about his lifestyle cos there is no way (with his stats) that`s natural.

Sorry if you feel i`ve had a pop at you but like anything in life there is a safe limit to what you can do before you destroy yourself, i.e. smoking, drinking, you name it. From what i was to where i am now, tell me that i have wasted my time, after all this is the gym section and i don`t think im the only one that has a little help in getting the gains i want.

Next time you see a bodybuilding comp on tv, look at the 80kg class (12.6 stone) and tell me there stats are not good. Stats are ok but there is such a thing a symetry and proportion, Mr Olympia sounds big but for all you know he could be smooth as hell and not really cut at all, and with clothes on you would just think he was large and nothing else.

Sorry to involve you Mr O. but i`m just using your big stats as an example and i don`t doubt you physique at all.

"Why did i go down that road"? Well not everyone is happy with the way they look so they look for a little help, it`s not cheating, have you any idea how much work there is to get gains, with or without juice. Too many people think that all that is involved is shooting 3ml a week and thats it, it`s not.

Now tread careful nextime you wanna have it about something you don`t know about and chill a bit more, now are we cool or what dude ?

Regards.

Yeah gonna have to agree with you there you cant accept Creatine but not Bionabol for example, its all liver toxics.

I personally would never take Injections dont know anything about um, tried a fair bit of other stuff though. Have a mate who has a Degree in Sports Science from Birmingham he takes injections. But as much as I would like to say he is an idiot. I dont think you will find many people with his level of knowledge about the matter.

The thing that gives steroids a bad name is missuse, if you are not entering proessional competitions and you understand the consequences and you choose not to Drink untill your laying in your own sick every weekend. Why can you not choose to use a substance to enhance your physique and ultimately your life.

I find thats the only problem when ever i post anything on this section someone else knows better or has the right answer. Lets keep opinions what they are. No fooking your wrong no your wrong, just disagree simple as.

Oh yeah and as far as your weight goes I totally agree when you have pure muscle like less than 5% fat, you are so light. I know some guy who weighs 12stonne who shoulder presses 50kg each side on dumbells he is absolutely ripped.
    Last edited by jackroo; 23rd November 2005 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I dont think its anything to do with having a laugh,just not wanting to admit that you use anything to aid your gains etc!! If you dont see it as that bad why the need to hide it from anyone
    i do have a family life and a steady job to hold down to so i feel that the free time i have to spend down the gym is enough without spending all my life in there.
    You and another few million m8 have these happen to them and still dont need the EXCUSE to justify using it..So by that comment alone you are wanting to get results but not the hard way then..PUTTING IN THE EFFORT!!!
    You get out what you put in...
    Somehow I doubt that very much m8 anyway never said you came here with the intention of telling people to do it,but FFS you harp on like its the bee all and end all of training..But why isnt it the best intro for letting people know,cause no wonder people end up gutted they cant get half as big as Joe next door.cause the poor guy dont know hes on the gear!!!

I aint on my high horse m8.I am giving my reasons like you,thats all...But to say that because Mr O stats are pretty impressive that hes on the juice,roids etc is complete and utter bollocks m8!!!!Have you seen anything of the natural BB comps..One of the guys who I used to train with has a excellent physique and he is total natural.To suggest that becuase someone has achieved good stats etc due to taking roids is just stupid! Its peoples genetics,structure genes etc thats what make these people stand out.. Here he is
    http://www.bnbf.co.uk/scottish2004_novice.htm the guy on the left,came 2nd...Now are you saying hes not natural:nowords: That pic dont do the guy any justice....

Have I any idea If I had a £1 for everytime I heard the old,but I dont wanna get BIG crap....
    I know what I need to know m8 and thats more than enough for me...Heard the horror stories and quite frankly aint worth it...But I am always cool m8np here
    and likewise you too.....
    Last edited by toto67; 23rd November 2005 at 05:16 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mr Olympia sounds big but for all you know he could be smooth as hell and not really cut at all, and with clothes on you would just think he was large and nothing else.

Hey m8, no worries. You are actually spot on. I'm not cut at all and probably never will be. As I said in a previous post...powerlifter not a bodybuilder as such.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh and just to add......no I'm not on the 'gear'.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast