Close

View Poll Results: How much you Bench Press TOTAL inc bar KG.

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • *Whats a Bench Press??????*

11 8.40%
  • 0 - 20kg *I am a Lady*

5 3.82%
  • 21 - 40kg

6 4.58%
  • 41 - 60kg

8 6.11%
  • 61 - 80kg

34 25.95%
  • 81 - 100kg

31 23.66%
  • 101 - 120kg

22 16.79%
  • 121 - 140kg *Might go Pro*

3 2.29%
  • *Over 140kg I am not of this world*

11 8.40%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Are you stronger than me?

And thirdly, the bitching/arguing can stop now please.

Now, just a few points from me.

Roids. Do I take them, no. Have I taken them, yes in the past. Do I have a problem with people taking them, not at all.

About me. I'm not ripped, far from it. I train 5 times a week, every week after work. I love lifting heavy weight!

As Kryptonite said, if you saw me with my clothes on, you'd probably think...mmm big fooking meat-head. People say I'm as wide as I am tall, coz I'm only a short ar$e.

Yes I can probably lift more than most on here, but that doesn't mean I'm the strongest. Pound for pound, there will be a lot smaller guys who may be stronger than me. Not that they can lift as much weight as me, but like I said body to weight ratio, they'll be stronger.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I to would like to see a pic of you Mr Olympia because I need some inspiration. Been training about 4 years on and off myself and my peak for 2 reps on a bench was 100 kg. Just started getting back into proper training again but its a slow and painful process. I'm only 23, 6ft 2, and only 12 and a half stone. I don't know my size stats as there is no tape measure to hand but my chest doesn't look too bad but my arms are looking poor

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by general jack
    I to would like to see a pic of you Mr Olympia because I need some inspiration. Been training about 4 years on and off myself and my peak for 2 reps on a bench was 100 kg. Just started getting back into proper training again but its a slow and painful process. I'm only 23, 6ft 2, and only 12 and a half stone. I don't know my size stats as there is no tape measure to hand but my chest doesn't look too bad but my arms are looking poor
    Jack mate, amongst others Toto67 ( http://digital-forums.com/member.php?userid=161720) and Andy ( http://digital-forums.com/member.php?userid=153195) both give quality advice, so look out some of their posts. Have a nosey back through some old threads with "advice" in the title, here in Guns Gym and you should be able to pick up some pointers on motivation and direction from these guys.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am just like you + my name is Jack, cus we are tall and I am guessing you are slim to its hard to make big gain. Only way to do it is through eating which again you are probably like me and have not got an apetite all the time.

So yeah just about forcing yourself to eat more, i used to by about 12st and at 6ft5 you look thiner than someone who is 5,10. So yeah. I weight 15 st now would like to get up to about 17 I think, be a good weight for my height need a good V shape.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Diet is the key guys to mass gains, i`ll eat 7/8 times a day, not always a full on meal, that`s just not practicle, but keep the diet to every 2-3 hours and bust some weights, it`ll all come good.
    Chemically enhanced

Thanks
    Karma Level

having to eat to gain weight....i wish I had that problem

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino
    having to eat to gain weight....i wish I had that problem

lol I know its a funny old world, its really pain when you dont retain weight when your trying to put it on. I got up to 15st 10 before went on holdiay for a week came back and weight was 15st3, I fooking hate it, lol its like my body slowly disapears the less I eat.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You are still young m8 and you have years ahead to get it right....You started at a pretty good age and it takes years m8 to get anywhere near a decent shape/size..Dont be dis-heartened m8.Keep at it and work with what you have got...You tend to find you are your own worst enemy and pick faults in your shape etc..I should know I have been known to do it myself..But get yourself a measuring tape and write down your stats and then say 6 months measure again and see if theres been any improvement...Give it your all when you are at the gym and then you can always say to yourself,I gave it my best shot...
    Keep at the training as taking short periods wont help matters...Good luck and anything else just ask

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jackroo
    lol I know its a funny old world, its really pain when you dont retain weight when your trying to put it on. I got up to 15st 10 before went on holdiay for a week came back and weight was 15st3, I fooking hate it, lol its like my body slowly disapears the less I eat.
    You ever thought about meal replacment drinks m8?? I am a bit like yourself,in the weight department.cant seem to put much on no matter how hard I try...I had done the meal replacement and only managed an extra
    6lbs...But now just try n get my intake now through food alone instead of the meal replacements as they are fooking rotten...But try it out as they aint that expensive and might work for you

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah tried a few in the past Pro MR etc, I now tend to eat as follows.

Breakfast 5 weetabix
    Lunch Sandwhich
    Protein Shake or weight gainers fuel shake
    Dinner
    Few hours later another weight gainer fuel shake
    GYM NOW
    Protein Shake
    Then either 1 or 2 tins of Tuna

Whats your diet like?

I think I should be having another shake between breakfast and lunch.
    I also bought some of thos crappy protein bars, i posted on the cheapskate forum eat them sometimes.

I know allot of my meals I dont push myself to eat enough. But yeah tried most things gonna keep at it..

Recently not been doing much cardio, but its all just swings and roundabouts I guess. Been a bit disappointed on the bench press recently normallying averageing about 80kg when could do 90. But on preacher Curl been lifting 20kg each side + z-bar which is most I have ever done. lol

How are your legs?

My legs are sooo skinny, but I am really strong with my legs, can squat 140kg probably because I used to play allot of basketball. But my legs just never seem to get bigger.

Its not worth me putting my stats on here like Chest bicep etc because I am pretty slim and the size I have gained is pure muscle so its only a few extra inches probably.

As much as I find it hard though to retain weight I Think I would personally rather have a slim build and strugle to put muscle on. Rather than be larger and find it hard to lose fat, simply becasue if your slim and put muscle on it looks more defined, if your naturally large and stronger you will look obviouslt bigger and be stronger but body does not look as athletic. I suppose everyones after the same thing though a balance between the 2.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

not been doing much cardio, but its all just swings and roundabouts I guess.
    Not a good idea in my experience, as your body is skin, then fat, then muscle, so if you don't burn the fat your not going to see definition of the muscle.

As a variation suggestion try curling with a straight bar (palms up) as I have found by having my wrists at a more "turned out angle" I can develop my biceps much close to my inside elbow crease.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino
    Not a good idea in my experience, as your body is skin, then fat, then muscle, so if you don't burn the fat your not going to see definition of the muscle.

As a variation suggestion try curling with a straight bar (palms up) as I have found by having my wrists at a more "turned out angle" I can develop my biceps much close to my inside elbow crease.
    Ok cool, might try it with straight bar, fairly good on arms anyway do vary allot.

I agree its not good to do no cardio, but basically I used to run 5 miles a week 35 mins on the tread mill, and now its just a case of time, I work weekends only so 5 days a week to train will go 4 out of those 5 days,

Back
    Chest/ Shoulders
    Bi/Tricepts
    Legs

I normally do 5 mins rowing before and after Back
    The rest of my workouts normally try o do the same with running 5 mins before and after.

I dont really feel as though I am pushing myself but its better than no cardio.

Hopefuly when I finish the course I am doing would like to be able to Run 5 miles a day for 5 days, just for 1 week.

But yeah I dont do enough cardio, might start swimming again as well soon, I absolutely love swimming.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok cool, might try it with straight bar, fairly good on arms anyway do vary allot.

I agree its not good to do no cardio, but basically I used to run 5 miles a week 35 mins on the tread mill, and now its just a case of time, I work weekends only so 5 days a week to train will go 4 out of those 5 days,

Back
    Chest/ Shoulders
    Bi/Tricepts
    Legs

I normally do 5 mins rowing before and after Back
    The rest of my workouts normally try o do the same with running 5 mins before and after.

I dont really feel as though I am pushing myself but its better than no cardio.

Hopefuly when I finish the course I am doing would like to be able to Run 5 miles a day for 5 days, just for 1 week.

But yeah I dont do enough cardio, might start swimming again as well soon, I absolutely love swimming.

Swimming is great for a defined physique. I swam at county level until I was 15 and then lost interest, so kind of missed the boat really I've never been interested in working my legs up until the last 2 years, where I've taken a much greater interest in core stability, so even though I don't enjoy it, do incorporate leg work: squats, curls etc into my routine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Swimming is great for a defined physique. I swam at county level until I was 15 and then lost interest, so kind of missed the boat really I've never been interested in working my legs up until the last 2 years, where I've taken a much greater interest in core stability, so even though I don't enjoy it, do incorporate leg work: squats, curls etc into my routine.

Yeah I am the same, I hate doing my legs, they dont feel or look good afterwards and I struggle to walk down the stairs of the Gym when I leave, lol

I think its the fact that when you walk on your legs so obviously your gonna feel the ache for a while after, but rest of body is not to bad.

Thanks
    Karma Level

When you`re hurting dude then hit the tuna (protein), big bulk builders will manage 4000+ cals a day in which 200 - 300 grams of protein is in there, don`t for get you can overtrain and recovery can takes days unless you`re on steroids and you can be good to go again in a matter of hours.

Stick with it but i`ts a long journey to get where you want, think of it as a way of life and not a pick up-put down hobby.
    Chemically enhanced

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite
    When you`re hurting dude then hit the tuna (protein), big bulk builders will manage 4000+ cals a day in which 200 - 300 grams of protein is in there, don`t for get you can overtrain and recovery can takes days unless you`re on steroids and you can be good to go again in a matter of hours.

Stick with it but i`ts a long journey to get where you want, think of it as a way of life and not a pick up-put down hobby.

Yeah I do normally have a Tin after every session sometimes 2, hate the stuff now, break crisps up and mix it in + have some low fat salad cream.

If anyone on here can eat Tuna dry straight outta the tin, you are amazing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If anyone on here can eat Tuna dry straight outta the tin, you are amazing.
    Buy yourself a blender m8 and pour the contents into it and fill up the can with water.pour in,blend it up and then down the hatch 25g of protein in secs..MAGIC!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

nooooooooooo, really dont think I could do that, Tina Juice sick sick sick

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite
    unless you`re on steroids and you can be good to go again in a matter of hours.

Stick with it but it's a long journey to get where you want, think of it as a way of life and not a pick up-put down hobby.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to take your advice seriously when you have openly admitted to injecting steroids. One minute you say make some well informed comments about diet and training and the next you are promoting the use of steroids? Say what you like but it's cheating and very unhealthy. I used to have a Kenalog steroid injection to combat my chronic hayfever and my G.P. would have to read me a disclaimer before administering the injection, as the long term effects of steroids are uncertain but almost definitely harmful if taken over a prolonged period. For a G.P. to have to issue such a direct warning it can't be a good thing. For this reason I looked for more natural alternative remedies.

If I'd been taking them to train I'd feel both embarrassed and a fraud.

If you don't like me saying this, then you should not have said you do it, as you leave yourself wide open to criticism.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm sorry but I find it hard to take your advice seriously when you have openly admitted to injecting steroids. One minute you say make some well informed comments about diet and training and the next you are promoting the use of steroids? Say what you like but it's cheating and very unhealthy. I used to have a Kenalog steroid injection to combat my chronic hayfever and my G.P. would have to read me a disclaimer before administering the injection, as the long term effects of steroids are uncertain but almost definitely harmful if taken over a prolonged period. For a G.P. to have to issue such a direct warning it can't be a good thing. For this reason I looked for more natural alternative remedies.

If I'd been taking them to train I'd feel both embarrassed and a fraud.

If you don't like me saying this, then you should not have said you do it, as you leave yourself wide open to criticism.
    Fair comment but it`s not just a case of taking them and BINGO! you`re big over night, and normal rules apply even more in terms of training, diet, and rest. Ok i`ll accept that i`m pro steroid use but i`m am that is because the strength and size you can get is amazing and you can gain in weeks what would normally take years. I`m not to OTT as you`ll see by my stats.

I don`t drink or smoke and don`t use recreational drugs so i figure that there is fare more damaging things i can do than juice. My doctor knows what i`m doing and she is cool about it, i have good BP and i`m in good health as far as my G.P. is concerned, do you really think i took this route without seeking medical advice first. Flame me all you want, i just thought i`d give my input as i`m someone the other side of the fence that takes an interest in fitness, and to be honest don`t care if anyone likes the sound of what i do. I have a raging sex life a good diet and a very happy home life and to do things at the level i do i think i look good and i feel great.
    Chemically enhanced

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast