Close

View Poll Results: How much you Bench Press TOTAL inc bar KG.

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • *Whats a Bench Press??????*

11 8.40%
  • 0 - 20kg *I am a Lady*

5 3.82%
  • 21 - 40kg

6 4.58%
  • 41 - 60kg

8 6.11%
  • 61 - 80kg

34 25.95%
  • 81 - 100kg

31 23.66%
  • 101 - 120kg

22 16.79%
  • 121 - 140kg *Might go Pro*

3 2.29%
  • *Over 140kg I am not of this world*

11 8.40%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Are you stronger than me?

OK lets face it the exercise that defines how much of a M A N you are is the Bench Press, please take this time to enter your stats.

Would be interesting to see how much people lift, if you want to make a comment about how long you have been going to the gym for to that would be great.

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Are you stronger than me?

I once pressed 105kg (literally once )

That was on one of the ones where you vary the weights with one of those metal pin things.....so with an old fashioned bar and weights benchpress, it'd probably be a lot less

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino

That was on one of the ones where you vary the weights with one of those metal pin things.....so with an old fashioned bar and weights benchpress, it'd probably be a lot less
    Do you mean a smith machine m8?? As yes you will by far push more than you can push with free weights...I dont use smith machines as feel they dont give the same work-out(feeling) as free weights as more control,technique involved and a lot more difficult to perform correctly..Before I injured my shoulder a while back I was pushing about 112-115kg for 1 rep...But doing about 90kg just now for about 6-8 reps,and only started benching about a month or so ago but getting back to where I was before.But it takes time and I aint getting any younger Have been training seriously for about 4-5 yrs but in total about 6 yrs....and I fookin love it
    But benching isnt the bee all and end all that people make it to be..Theres no point in people who can bench say 100kg for 10 reps and cant shoulder press,pull up's or squat half of that as thats what you tend to find..Variety of weights/exercise is the key
    Having a number of exercise's that you are good at is better IMO of being very good at benching...But it is a great exercise and 1 that I enjoy but Shoulder press is my forte....
    Also state wether you use free weights or a machine to perform the above....
    @Jackroo,err arent you gonna posts your stats m8:|
    Last edited by toto67; 21st November 2005 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'm a lady apparently....although I only do weights to keep fit, not to look huge

edit: and to make this fair reps should take a role in it too
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone with any gym experience would know that the Bench press is not a true indication of your physical strength, it's only the muppets who flex infront of the mirrors every 2 mins who think that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

140kg +

Split routine for me.

Monday/Thursday = Back & Biceps
    Tuesday/Friday = Chest, shoulders & Triceps
    Wednesday = Legs

For my chest, flat bench (free weight) last set is 3½ plates (forgot to say each side) plus the bar which I do 6 reps (with my bro spotting me).

Height = 5' 7"
    Weight = 19½ stone
    Chest = 56"
    Bicep = 21"
    Last edited by Mr Olympia; 21st November 2005 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

85 inc bar for me, 1 set of 6 on my hard set.

free weights

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Anyone with any gym experience would know that the Bench press is not a true indication of your physical strength, it's only the muppets who flex infront of the mirrors every 2 mins who think that.

lol I agree but I think that allot of people think that the Bench Press is a good indication of strength, I mean I cant imagine people who can bench 100kg to only be able to preacher curl 1kg.

I also agree we have these 2 muppets at my Gym and they but rediculasly high weights on dont do the exercise right and then throw the weight around walk up to the mirror after everyset and do a little pose along with a growl. Lol facking retards, hate people like that. + this one time they where doing speed training on the tread mill lol and they where running like 50mph the whole place was shaking then they would hit stop, take the speed up to likr 4 mph and do somekind of bad boy walk. lol

I started off lifting about 15kg each side + bar aout 3-4 years ago now, I now lift 35kg each side + bar so 90kg. Again I can only do 1 set of about 6 on this. I compfortably by my self can only about 80kg for 3 sets of 7-8.

Never tried a 1 rep max before maybe I should.

Thanks for voteing :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

I mean personally I dont really enhot the bench at all but try to stick at it I tend to get stuck lifting the same weight for months on end not progressing so been trying a diff routine recently. But I think the bench is an awsome exercise.

And someone mentioned squats, well I trained with this X-Con whos a really nice guy and he said to me your body is like a house you need good foundations. Which is true i believe.

Jesus Mr Olympia you sound huge

I am

Height 6ft 5
    Weight 15.5 stonne

Would like to get up to about 16 - 17 as for my height I am a bit to skinny and would like to bulk up a bit. Gonna go get some food now actually.
    Last edited by jackroo; 21st November 2005 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino

Think he means something like the Selectorized Bench Press Machine

http://www.sports-equip-supplies.com...s/01814111.jpg

where you choose weight with Pin.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Height = 5' 11"
    Weight = 16 stone
    Chest = 48"
    Bicep = 21"

my max bench has been 1 press of 120kg with Olympic bar. This was at my best. A few years ago. Had some injures since then and not been as dedicated as I would like to be due to other commitments. However getting back into it slowly and benching around 70kg with bar. 25kg a side doing 8reps 4 sets. I think the most important part of doing any weight training is to work all the muscles not just doing the bench like many people do then brag they go to the gym. The best work out is a good all round one. Which in my opinion takes around 3 days 2 body parts a day and 30 45 mins of cardio with days to recover as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Juice86
    Height = 5' 11"
    Weight = 16 stone
    Chest = 48"
    Bicep = 21"

my max bench has been 1 press of 120kg with Olympic bar. This was at my best. A few years ago. Had some injures since then and not been as dedicated as I would like to be due to other commitments. However getting back into it slowly and benching around 70kg with bar. 25kg a side doing 8reps 4 sets. I think the most important part of doing any weight training is to work all the muscles not just doing the bench like many people do then brag they go to the gym. The best work out is a good all round one. Which in my opinion takes around 3 days 2 body parts a day and 30 45 mins of cardio with days to recover as well.

I agree I dont have the luxury of says to recover i tend to go 4 times a week but as I work the entire weekend, I have to do 2days on 1 day off 2 days on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

are there any pics of mr olympia on the forum? he sounds fucking tonk :X

can't really parttake in the surbey as I'm only 17 and havn't really gotten into proper weights yet although I want to soon just not very many good gyms around here and havnt got the room on the house
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fusen

can't really parttake in the surbey as I'm only 17 and havn't really gotten into proper weights yet although I want to soon just not very many good gyms around here and havnt got the room on the house
    Yeah show us some pics Mr Olympia, yeah best not to start with heavy weights and shit untill you get to 18, I believe technically you dont stop growing untill your 21 but to be honest I dont know many people that between 18 and 21 grew a massive amount.

I started when I was about 18 now 22, I also dont believe its a good idea to have protein shakes untill your over the age of 18 for the reason mentioned above, body still growing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jackroo
    Yeah show us some pics Mr Olympia, yeah best not to start with heavy weights and shit untill you get to 18, I believe technically you dont stop growing untill your 21 but to be honest I dont know many people that between 18 and 21 grew a massive amount.

I started when I was about 18 now 22, I also dont believe its a good idea to have protein shakes untill your over the age of 18 for the reason mentioned above, body still growing.

B U L L S H I T

@ Mr Olympia , don't you train your shoulders mate?

Um, i bench between 50-60 for reps, and i haven't done a 1 rep max as i have no spotter and train at home by my self. i will try and see if i can get someone to help me.

these are all very approximate, as i have an awful memory
    height-5'8''
    weight- 80kg
    chest-40''-42''
    upper arms-15''
    Last edited by super mike; 21st November 2005 at 08:08 PM. Reason: I forgot to add stats

Thanks
    Karma Level

pardon?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fusen

he sent me some naked snaps one day i forwarded them to czarjunkie and they have lived happily ever after ever since..

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike

@ Mr Olympia , don't you train your shoulders mate?
    Of course I train my shoulders... I added my routine in my original post, but the poll was about how much you bench press, so I elaborated on just my bench press. I didn't add the reat of my chest routine, ie. incline bench press, dumbell press etc. etc.

PS. About the pics, I'll have to dig some out. I haven't got a body-builders body, I have more of a power-lifters body. I have a nightmare getting shirts & jackets to fit coz my shoulders are so bleeding wide...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh, thats ok then, i just thought it was a bit weird for someone not to train shoulders, thats all

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would say about 61-63 ish, 11 stone and 6ft, and I try to lift about 95% of that, bench pressing and abit of lifting with my biceps are all I do really as when I go to the gym (teice a week) I tend to do cardio and focus on my abs as I am still young and trying to put some serous mass on can have risky consequences. Another 2 days a week home I do abit of work with a training ball but its all mainly cardio with my hockey and stuff.

P.s I'm weak
    Im a fuckwit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast