Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Women 'get blame for being raped'

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Women 'get blame for being raped'

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> Fewer than 6% of reported rapes result in a conviction

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA --><!-- S SF -->A third of people believe a woman is partially or completely responsible for being raped if she has behaved flirtatiously, a survey suggests.

The Amnesty International poll of 1,000 people also found over 25% believe she is at least partly to blame if she has worn revealing clothing or been drunk.

Amnesty said the findings were "truly shocking" and showed the government's policies on tackling rape were failing.

The Home Office says it has changed the law to try to improve conviction rates. <!-- E SF -->

"We have made a number of changes to the legal system and to how the police and Crown Prosecution Service work, to put victims needs first and to make it easier for cases to get to trial and secure convictions," a spokesman said.

<!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbg> Rape is an appalling crime and has a devastating effect on victims and those close to them. Nobody asks to be raped

Joanna Perry
    Victim Support

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IBOX -->

"We are determined to close the gap between the increasing number of rape cases reported and the low number of convictions."

However, the Amnesty poll, carried out by ICM, found that most people in Britain had no idea how many women were raped every year in the UK or how few of the cases reported to police resulted in a conviction.

Almost all, 96%, said they either did not know the true extent of rape or thought it was far lower than the true figure. Just 4% thought the number of women raped exceeded 10,000.

'Disturbing attitudes'

The number of recorded rapes of women in 2004/5 was 12,867 - up 4% on the year before - although police estimate that just 15% of rapes come to their attention. Only 6% of reported rapes result in a conviction.

Amnesty International UK director Kate Allen said the poll, part of its Stop Violence Against Women campaign, had uncovered "disturbing attitudes".

She said: "It is shocking that so many people will lay the blame for being raped at the feet of women themselves and the government must launch a new drive to counteract this sexist 'blame culture'."

The research exposed the scale of public ignorance over rape as well as the "dreadfully low" conviction rates, she added.

'Devastating effect'

"The government has an international duty to prevent this gross human rights violation yet it's clear that the government's policies on tackling rape are failing and failing badly."

Joanna Perry, policy manager at Victim Support, said it was alarming to read that so many people appeared to believe that a woman was responsible for inviting a rape or sexual assault.

"Rape is an appalling crime and has a devastating effect on victims and those close to them. In other words, nobody asks to be raped," she added. And Ruth Hall, from the support group Women Against Rape, criticised "prejudices" in the court system. "They still put the woman on trial, including her sexual history with other men, which is supposed to be banned and blame the woman for what happened to her and hold her accountable," she said.<!-- E BO -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4453820.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Women 'get blame for being raped'

ffs "a third of people" yeah more like 333 people that did the survey

¬.¬

fucking hate it when they use these surveys for national thoughts of stuff when its only like 1k people actually took the survey

anyway on the sibject, yeah I agree with them if they are flirting and then get raped its like well stop leading people on you slut
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fusen
    ffs "a third of people" yeah more like 333 people that did the survey

¬.¬

fucking hate it when they use these surveys for national thoughts of stuff when its only like 1k people actually took the survey

anyway on the sibject, yeah I agree with them if they are flirting and then get raped its like well stop leading people on you slut
    Are you having a laugh?

Can hardly call someone who leads people on but then doesn't want to sleep with them a slut can you? That would be a flirt. Your telling me you've never had a girl be a bit flirty with you and then its not gone anywhere? If you have are you telling me that you should of raped them, or that it would be ok for you to?
    All sweeping statements are wrong.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fusen
    :annoyed: Thats a bit harsh, We all get a boner when having a play but if she say's no thats no excuse to fuckin rape anyone is it?? Must be a real sick o

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally Posted by Fusen
    I am the only one that assumed that he was joking?
    'If we aren't meant to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?'
    Anon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorescobar
    I am the only one that assumed that he was joking?
    Evidently so.
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won

Thanks
    Karma Level

:X I was abit too vague, I'm talking about sticking her hands down your trousers then teasing then fucking off and fair enough its not enough to rape someone but she should get a hard slap for being a slut and not wanting anything but still teasing
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm not happy with this:

Quote Originally Posted by amnesty
    "We are determined to close the gap between the increasing number of rape cases reported and the low number of convictions."
    They could tackle part of this by shaming those false accusers. Like the ones against C. Ronaldo or the Dyer (I think) roasting one. Or the Leicester City players' ones from Spain. And what's happened to that 'big brother' accuser & accused..?

p.s. don't go off on one about me supporting rapists ok, I do have a mother - enough said.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally Posted by Fusen:X I was abit too vague, I'm talking about sticking her hands down your trousers then teasing then fucking off and fair enough its not enough to rape someone but she should get a hard slap for being a slut and not wanting anything but still teasing
    Ah - he wasn't joking after all.

You disgusting twat.
    'If we aren't meant to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?'
    Anon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Statistics like this fucking piss me off, they only asked 1000 people and now all the news and papers are quoting "a third of the country" what a load of fucking shite.

Also, it doesn't fucking matter what a woman wears and how she acts, nobody asks to be raped. If you honestly think that your fucking sick in the head.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    Statistics like this fucking piss me off, they only asked 1000 people and now all the news and papers are quoting "a third of the country" what a load of fucking shite.

Also, it doesn't fucking matter what a woman wears and how she acts, nobody asks to be raped. If you honestly think that your fucking sick in the head.
    very true.

Each case should and must be jugded as a separate case and should in no way be generalised.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd never dream of forcing myself onto a woman and can't imagine a third of the country thinking that is the way to go if they wear sexy outfits or act the flirt, flirting is a big part of the enjoyment women do and have done for ever. I personally enjoy looking at the girls who have skirts on as short as a belt and maybe I do think some look and act like sluts, but so what, each to their own. Many a time i've looked and acted like a slut myself, but no women have jumped on me under protest for it (Yet)

It does make me laugh though, when some of them dress like hookers and then give you the evil eye for looking at them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    yadda yadda yadda yadda.

OR a rapist..

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest, I personally class rapists as the lowest form of life on the plant, along with Paedos, best thing you can do with a rapist is castrate the fucker.
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun