Close

Thread: Startup

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Startup

Hi, my system
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. System Model:K8V-MXBIOS Version:American Megatrends Inc. 1006.003. Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version:5.1.2600 Service Pack:2.0 Location:C:\WINDOWSPID:76477-OEM-0052233Hot Fix:KB905749[img]hcp://system/sysinfo/Graphics/chip.GIF[/img] Memory (RAM) Capacity:512 MB
    Had the computer for a year now, no probs at all, until last night. Switched the computer on as normal and it froze on the first screen that comes up (American megatrends on mine), keyboard not working so unable to press F10 or delete to enter setup etc. Tried turning off and on, nothing, eventually came on after pressing reset on front of machine - immediatelt ran scandisk/spybot/kaspersky etc etc, all showed no problems with the computer. Tried turning it off and on last night a few times, worked fine. But, when I have tried to turn it on this morning, same thing, frozen at startup - has taken me 30 minutes of off and on to get it back up now.

Any clues ????
    [img]hcp://system/sysinfo/Graphics/chip.GIF[/img] Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ Version:x86 Family 15 Model 12 Stepping 0 Speed:1999 MHz [img]hcp://system/sysinfo/Graphics/gears.GIF[/img] General Computer Info System Name:IAN Domain:MSHOME Time Zone:GMT Standard TimeConnection:Workstation (standalone)Proxy Server:Auto

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Startup

Probably the first thing to try would be to check all the connections inside, maybe even unplug them and re-plug them back in.

You could do the same for the cards, memory & maybe the processor (not sure if you`ll need to redo the heat paste etc?).

Sorry I can`t suggest more off to Ireland in a few minutes.

Worth a try.

Good luck.

Steve

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Startup

Hi - tried all that, no difference. Did manage to restore system to three days before this all happened, and have had no problems for, guess what, three days, when it has all started to go pear shaped again - took me 40 minutes of compter on/off to get to type thsi - anybody any ideas - sounds like a virus to me but my programs are all coming back all clear!