Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Redknapp possibly going back to Pompey

Can't believe this Harry may be going back to Pompey, how would the fans react after going to Southampton?

Redknapp awaits Portsmouth talks

Warnock stays at Blades
    Gers turn down move for McLeish

Harry Redknapp is waiting to hear whether Southampton will allow him to speak to Portsmouth about a possible return to Fratton Park.
    "Portsmouth have asked for permission to speak to me, that's as much as I know," said the ex-Pompey boss.
    "It's up to the chairman whether he wants me to talk to them."
    Pompey chairman Milan Mandaric turned his attentions to Redknapp and Rangers boss Alex McLeish after Neil Warnock's decision to stay at Sheffield United.
    Southampton have confirmed they are considering Mandaric's request to speak to Redknapp.
    Mandaric, meanwhile, says he will not discuss the situation again until after Portsmouth's game against Manchester United on Saturday.
    He told the club's official website: "There is no more to say for the next few days.
    He did a tremendous job for us and that's the main reason we'd like him to come back

Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric

"Joe Jordan will be in charge against Manchester United and the plan, as has been said all along, is to have someone in charge for the Tottenham game on 12 December.
    "I would envisage that some time next week we will be holding a news conference and that will be the time for saying things, a time when we are ready to say something meaningful.
    "Until that time any unofficial disclosures are purely speculative."
    Redknapp left Portsmouth in November 2004, insisting he wanted to take a break from the game, but two weeks later he took over at Southampton.
    At the time, Mandaric angrily claimed talks had taken place before Redknapp had left Fratton Park, but he insists the pair have now resolved their differences.
    "I don't have a problem with Harry," he said.
    "He did a tremendous job for us here and that's the main reason we'd like him to come back.
    "He's very popular with our supporters and they are very important to making this decision."
    What's scaring me is that Harry appears to be the best of a bad bunch

From WB

Have your say on 606

Mandaric also confirmed he would approach Rangers for a second time in a bid to speak to McLeish.
    The Scot has been under pressure at Ibrox and his fate is set to be sealed on Tuesday, when a win over Inter Milan could see Rangers qualify for the knock-out stages of the Champions League.
    Mandaric said: "I'm hopefully going to talk to Harry and a couple of people on Thursday.
    "Things change in the football business and I hope that will be the case in Rangers' situation as well."
    Ex-Hearts boss George Burley and Sir Bobby Robson have also been tipped to succeed sacked Frenchman Alain Perrin at Fratton Park and Mandaric said his shortlist of candidates had grown.
    "There was a shortlist of three, but the list has expanded in the last 48 hours," he said. "I said we would try to appoint a manager before the Tottenham game on 12 December and we're still on course to do so."
    I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I am Perfect!!! :thumbup:

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Redknapp possibly going back to Pompey

they look like they are about to kiss.............and they are gazing into eachothers eyes madly in love lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Milan Mandaric looks a wee bit like David Dickinson in that pic
    I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I am Perfect!!! :thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by theduke
    Milan Mandaric looks a wee bit like David Dickinson in that pic
    only cos the camera that took the photo was cheap as chips:|

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just said on SSN that Southampton have refused them permission to speak to Redknapp.

Could get messy if he decides to walk out, which he would have to do now to get the job now i believe.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think he would be a fool to go back to Portsmouth after all the stick he and his family got for going to Southampton......... Harry Redknapp is a good enough manager to get back in the premiership with Southampton and Portsmouth arent curently good enough to stay in the premiership, why try and save a sinking ship and put yourself through 2 relegations in a year

TheFincher

In A World Of United's, City's, Town's, Rover's & Albion's There Is Only One Hotspur