Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

News Babyshambles @ The Plug, Sheffield

This was on the 10th, Tuesday just gone. £15 entry

Did anyone here go? I thought the show was absolutely mental! First time seeing them, been a fan of Pete's work since the Libertine days and the Babyshambles are coming on nicely too, although the released album only had a few good tracks on, the unreleased stuff available elsewhere is much better!

They turned up half an hour late but it didn't spoil it one bit. He's a born entertainer on stage old Pete D, but in a calm, shy way! The set itself was blinding, a little slurred speech but to say Pete was back on guitar (one guitarist quit the night before) everything sounded spot on.

I really enjoyed it, it's a far cry from what the media try to make you expect. Pissed up antics, the band not being able to strum two chords, with the singer injecting crack while sat down on the stage. None of that

Highlight of the night for me was their version of Don't Look Back Into The Sun, it was proper rocking the walls down, especially when at the end they strummed straight onto a cover of Don't Look Back In Anger by Liam & Co. Excellent!

The band went off after around 90 mins then came back on for a 3-song encore, including Fuck Forever which sent the crowd into a alcohol fuelled wanking session it seemed, everyone was just groaning in joy

Anyway, rock and roll and all that.... Next stop is Oasis at Sheffield Arena, February 10th

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Babyshambles @ The Plug, Sheffield

Saw them in London last year, the gig was f@cking manic. They are amazing live.

An intresting read coming out soon: 'The Libertines: Bound Together' by Anthony Thornton and Roger Sargent is published on February 23.

Thanks
    Karma Level

bloke gets right on my tits, does anything for publicity especially bad and the music doesnt sound good to me at all. Must be getting old.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf
    bloke gets right on my tits, does anything for publicity especially bad and the music doesnt sound good to me at all. Must be getting old.
    nah, im 20 an i think theyre shit an hes a cunt
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't like him, I like the songs he writes and music he plays. Its a shame the dilly twat can't go clean, he will be dead soon if carries on. His next spell in jail might sort him out...