Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Cant get Tv to output sound through Home Cinema Surround sound (with pics)

Basically i've bought a home cinema with surround sound, a thomson one that i picked up, was a 2 week old display model.

Now i've got the speakers set up fine, home cinema works fine, but now im trying to get this bastarding tv to use the surround sound instead of its own. Now i don't think its got any audio outputs other than headphones, i've got pics of everything i want to setup, but cant for the life of me get the sound to go through the speakers. I've got my sky box and vcr to go along with it

Pics below.

Home Cinema Connections on back:

Spoiler:

Nothing much, two aux inputs which i can change source on the player.

TV Connections:

Back :
    Spoiler:

Front: (Headphone,S-vid, vid, l-aud, r-aud)
    Spoiler:

Sky Box:

Spoiler:

VCR:

Spoiler:

What i need is a way to try and get the sound out through the speakers, theres no option on the tv menu to disable the built in.

Help , cables i've got loads of, basic ones anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cant get Tv to output sound through Home Cinema Surround sound (with pics)

Ok seems the rcas on the back of the tv might be audio out but i put it through to aux 1 on the thing, switch to aux 1 on the player, and nothing out of the speakers, only the tv ones.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cant get Tv to output sound through Home Cinema Surround sound (with pics)

i dont really know what tv makers are playing at with those audio outs on tvs, mine has one aswell and it isnt line level for some reason. i think they are line level if you have the tv volume at full and anything less than that they arent.

what you want to do is get a scart adapter which allows you to have output, and that will be line level. i cant be arsed looking at all your picturs but you need to plug one of these into your tv scart socket (any one that is free will do, if you dont have a free one then you're a bit fucked)
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...20rca&doy=12m2

that is a gold plated one for £19.99 which is the only one i could find but i have one that is a lot cheaper and not that expensive so find one and you wont notice the difference (and i bet someone says you will cos you have HDI but they neednt bother cos its only for audio (also i assume you dont have hdi))

now those things have switches on them for in or out. you need to set it to out. if you get one without a switch then make sure you get one that is always set to out.

then get a normal RCA cable and connect it to the red and white/black/grey connectors on the doodle and the other end into your audio input.

the sound will still come out of the tv speakers but i dont see why you dont want that to happen. edit: of course you could mute the audio on the tv but i really dont see why

now as for 5.1, you need to use the optical input (i think) i have no experience of 5.1 so everything i say from now on is coming out my arse but i dont see connectors on your other items for the opticalness so i dont know quite what you plan on doing with that. what i said will get your stereo speakers working at any rate.