Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaving

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Shaving

I am a bit of a hairy bastard, so i tend to constantly keep a bit of stubble and go for the "don't give a shit" look. It tends to work well for me. The only trouble is, i usually leave it so long between shaving that i wake up one morning and go "What the FUCK am i doing with a beard?!"
    I am trying to get my hands on some sort of electric shaving device that you can use to leave a bit of stubble. Usually if i go for a full on wet shave with my mach 3, it hurts like fuck cos i have got pretty sensitive skin, and besides, i hate the clean shaven look, why would i want a face like a baby's arse.
    If there isn't such a device, can anyone recommend the best electric shaver (that doesn't hurt like buggery for people with sensitive skin) that doesn't actually cost over £100.

Cheers me dears.
    LEEDS AND PROUD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Shaving

As you will know the camp is split between flat or round shavers. The round ones are mainly the Philips ones.

I have used an electric shaver for years and have always used a braun (flat).

2 years ago, I bought the braun self cleaning one, (for £150!!) its great. It will take you a few weeks for your skin to get used to the electric shave and the 1st couple of times you'll look as if you shaved yourself with a kebab knife.

You can get get the same one for under £100 now. Only problem is that all electric shavers are never as good as a wet razor, but early in the morning when your bleary eyed... its so much easier.

Thanks
    Karma Level

good old Wahl clippers work for me and have done for years...that's what I'd recommend for the designer stubble look...better than all those expensive shavers out there

" The Funk Keeps You Strong - The Jazz Makes You Wise "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wavesta
    good old Wahl clippers work for me and have done for years...that's what I'd recommend for the designer stubble look...better than all those expensive shavers out there

Nice! SO you reckon this is the sort of thing that could work?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/0540735.htm

2mm is the minimum it goes to, that sounds just about right! Wonder if it rips your face off as soon as you start to use it? Might have to take a quick trip down to argos after work!
    LEEDS AND PROUD

Thanks
    Karma Level

For some reason unless i have about 3mm of stubble i end up looking like i've been in a car accident and showered with glass.

I was considering getting an electric razor but if they're rubbish at over £100 its a costly loss

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by copey123
    Nice! SO you reckon this is the sort of thing that could work?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/0540735.htm

2mm is the minimum it goes to, that sounds just about right! Wonder if it rips your face off as soon as you start to use it? Might have to take a quick trip down to argos after work!
    yup the best £18 you'll ever spend and no ripping your face off....well not when done with a little care anyway....
    " The Funk Keeps You Strong - The Jazz Makes You Wise "

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got a Braun 7570 (theres newer model out now though)

It really is the dogs bollox in my opinion, it's gets seriously close to what a real razor would and with alot less hassle! I've had it for a few years now, just had to replace the foil/cutter block a couple times. I used to think all electric razors were shite until i got this, i couldn't do without it now.

Only downside, it cost £180 when it first came out....mine fell off the back of a lorry though lol i'd have never paid that much for a razor lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Aye, I've got a kinda designery beardy thing going on ala Becks old one, and I use clippers. 3mm for the face then a wet shave to get rid of the shit I dont want - works a treat and doesn't hurt. Same said clippers I use to trim the downstairs too

Get cordless ones though so you can do it all in yer bathroom.

edit: NOTHING compares to a wet shave for closeness and ease of razor burn thing - I've used 2 electric ones in the oast and both of them left me feeling like the hair had been chewed off by a rabid pitbull with vinegar for saliva.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've had the same Braun rechargeable something or other model for 15 years, replaced the foil and cutter once in all that time lol. It's still going as strong as it did on day one and gives a very nice shave.
    I bought a remington thing 5 years ago with 3 round cutters and an LCD display, now that was a piece of crap, a lawnmower would have done a better job! The thing chewed the stubble rather than cutting it.
    I'll stick with my braun shaver till the day it packs up and then get another one as they are so good.
    360 ID: Symate

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly

It really is the dogs bollox in my opinion, it's gets seriously close to what a real razor would and with alot less hassle! I've had it for a few years now, just had to replace the foil/cutter block a couple times. I used to think all electric razors were shite until i got this, i couldn't do without it now.

Only downside, it cost £180 when it first came out....mine fell off the back of a lorry though lol i'd have never paid that much for a razor lol
    Thats the one I got a couple of years ago, best investment I made. Must have saved £££ on razor blades tho... How much does a pack of Mach 3's cost now and how long doe they last?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by simonhodge
    I've had the same Braun rechargeable something or other model for 15 years, replaced the foil and cutter once in all that time lol. It's still going as strong as it did on day one and gives a very nice shave.
    I bought a remington thing 5 years ago with 3 round cutters and an LCD display, now that was a piece of crap, a lawnmower would have done a better job! The thing chewed the stubble rather than cutting it.
    I'll stick with my braun shaver till the day it packs up and then get another one as they are so good.
    It was me dad who got me using an electric razor, he still uses the mains operated one from 20 year ago...

Thanks
    Karma Level

get your self some ceramic blade hair clippers
    all i do is shave my head and face with no blade attachment
    gives you a pefrect all over stubble and doesnt aggrivate my skin at all
    remington ceramics are avalible from argos etc just a word of warning go steady on your face as the point are very sharp and can dig in if you a little too giddy .

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly

I have the 9000 series (I think, lol) which is the 360 complete. Cost me just over £200 before Xmas. I also have the Mach III Turbo too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just use hair clippers as well on the 2mm setting n then touch up with a razor around the edges.
    "Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope."
    > > > George Burns

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wavesta

I'd go with this advice. I hate shaving and only go the full wet shave route if it's a wedding/funeral/christening. I've been using a set of marks and spencers hair clippers for nearly 4 years now and never had any problems with nipping or pulling and thats with the bare clippers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yer all puffs

Start off with these buggers and work your way round to the stubble.

Spoiler:

Stubble?

Spoiler:

Thanks
    Karma Level

hiya mate, if your after some wahl trimmers,get yer self to superdrug theyre on offer £9.99....bargain!! even if theyre no good youve only wasted a tenner.Andy

Thanks
    Karma Level

was about to start a thread but i used search
    so are electric shavers like the brauns pretty sore to use? i thought i was the only person who used sideburn trimmers as my razor wet shave makes me look about 15 and it just feels odd...

just wondered as i have a pile of cash so was gonna get an electric razor maybe

Thanks
    Karma Level

Download my latest breaks and electro mixes or listen to Sellout Breaks FM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by harryb
    was about to start a thread but i used search
    so are electric shavers like the brauns pretty sore to use? i thought i was the only person who used sideburn trimmers as my razor wet shave makes me look about 15 and it just feels odd...

just wondered as i have a pile of cash so was gonna get an electric razor maybe
    I went for the £9.99 Wahl clippers from Superdrug. Right bargain! Work to perfection as well
    LEEDS AND PROUD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast