Close

Thread: Krakow

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Krakow

Off there in May

What's there to do besides getting pissed?

Fancy a day trip to Auschwitz, is it easy to get to from Krakow?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Krakow

Auschwitz is a must do, go on the tour with the guide, it is an experience that is truly humbling. You will be able to get a minibus there from just north of the train station, cheap as chips.

Bars are great, food is amazing also - twas a surprise but trust me

You an also go to the salt mines (wieneska (sp?)) with a brief bus trip, another must do if you are going there. unbelievable.

they like their beer with a red cordial (raspberry maybe), v nice.

also nice is the vodka & apple juice pronounced "duzie vudek z sokiem yav kovim"

enjoy, i did and im going back in june

Thanks
    Karma Level

auschwitz aint hard to get to- bus to oswencim (sp?), bit of a sobering trip though but definately worth it.

Wielecska salt mines are well worth the trip too. Stunning.

Food there is good and reasonably priced (avoid some of the ropier places as you don't pay much more for something decent), some of the beggars in the main square are fucking annoying but usually they'll bugger off quickly enough. Beer is cheap, Zywiec was about 60-80p a pint back in 2004 (and strong at 5.6ish). All in all an enjoyable trip, check out kazimeriez (sp?) the jewish area and wawel hill. Those are good.

Got some photos up at www.digitalbinary.co.uk/gallery/ (travel photos, backpacking 2004, will hopefully be back up tomorrow, my servers been down this weekend).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers lad. Keep em coming

Ps Ynox I've been to Milan twice recently, the sky scraper you took the photo of, you wouldn't think it was new at all would you, looks like a 70s design!
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Try these sites Snotty.

They've got a fair bit of info.
    http://www.krakow-travel.com/index.php
    http://www.krakow-info.com/
    Last edited by Pongo; 20th March 2006 at 10:27 PM.
    "Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."

Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Karma Level

Krakow looks pretty good from them links Pongo

I go on Friday, can't wait.

Plans: Auschwitz, Salt Mines, Off to watch Wisla Krakow football team play and booze booze booze.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You lucky git, some of the fittest birds i've ever met have been from Poland, definitely want to get over there soon, let us know what the fanny's like out there, might have to go on eBay and see if I can find a Polish bird on Buy it Now

Thanks
    Karma Level

FAO Reverend: Polish birds are without doubt the finest birds I've seen in Europe so far and that includes 8 countries visited. I couldn't believe it, they are just everywhere, in the streets during the day, clubbing etc. Really friendly as well. Maybe they saw dollar signs everytime they saw us but they were friendly with us

Krakow review: Very nice city. Probably one of the nicest cities I've visited in Europe. The people are really friendly. Very few tramps hassling you which is nice, weird thing is they all spoke English! The bars are really good, especially 'Showtime'. The clubs are good notably Cien (spoke to George Burley in there) and Frantic, they are dirt cheap and full of fit women. Prices range from 60p-£1 a pint...fooking bargain. Shots (£1 for a double) are very cheap, as are cocktails (£1.20). The thing to drink over there are 'kamikaze's and mad dog's...mad dogs have tabasco in so be careful, don't drink too much or you'll have potty troubles on the plane like I did and a burning/stinging ass for a week!

The food is very cheap as well...we ate at Sheraton Hotel most days, the big 5 star place, and a 4 course meal in there sets you back £15 tops including a drink. Most places you can get a meal and drink for under £3. The best place we ate was Rooster's which I think is the Polish franchise of Hooter's bar. The birds wear skimpy outfits and they are all fit, and most importantly it was cheap! The website is http://www.rooster.pl/krakow/pl/fotogaleria.htm ...check it out!

If you're into lapdancing clubs/brothels I can tell you hookers cost £30 an hour (my mate told me!) and lapdances cost about £30 for a 10 minute dance which is probably quite expensive but it does depend on where you go. I think they generally rip the Brits off cos they assume we're all loaded.

Getting around is very easy. Taxis are dirt cheap. Between 4 of us we paid £1.50 transfer each from the airport to our apartment. Public transport is ace, buses and trams everywhere you go. I was told you could get a return train from Krakow to Prague for £8. Unbelieveable.

The birds = fanfuckingtastic. The best in Europe that I've seen so far but I've been told by some of the lads I went there with that Prague offers the best.

Auschwitz: Very weird place but if you go to Poland its a must. The camps look very sophisticated, especially Birkenau. The Germans must have spent years building these places up with huge railway networks and loads of buildings. Went into the torture chambers and the crematorium where up to 1.5m Jews were turned into Ashes. Hopefully if you go you won't end up with the same boring tour guide that we had. She nearly put me to sleep, although to be fair I didn't expect anything lively or exciting. There was two stupid yanks who went into the Birkenau cafe and asked for beer. They were told they didn't have beer there, so they asked for wine, ditto answer. They replied with 'what kind of bar is this?!'...buffoons!

I would defo go again, only a 2 hour flight on Ryanair from Luton/Liverpool. Next stop: Bratislava/Riga

If anyone needs anymore info gimme a pm or reply.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That's a splendid review. Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty
    The birds wear skimpy outfits and they are all fit, and most importantly it was cheap! The website is http://www.rooster.pl/krakow/pl/fotogaleria.htm ...check it out!
    What a great website that is. Fantastic ladies and a neat live webcam

Thanks
    Karma Level

The women in Rooster's were ace...a nice slim blonde piece served us and she was the spit of Maria Sharapova...we tipped her well

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Any idea how much ciggies are Snotty?

Thanks
    Karma Level

200 for a tenner

Everything is too cheap! (apart from the women)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmm Got the missus interested now M8, Any recomends for Hotels in the Centre ? 3* + preferably.
    "Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."

Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Karma Level

Push the boat out and stay somewhere good like The Sheraton. If you're only going a few days it'd make sense to do that as everything in Poland is very cheap

We stayed in apartments but ate at The Sheraton a couple of times, was dirt cheap

Check the usual places: www.octopustravel.co.uk, www.opodo.co.uk, www.hotels.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you are after cheap flights then try
    www.wizzair.com or www.skyeurope.com