Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bad News GLAZER blasts SAHA selection

From the Times online..

'SIR ALEX FERGUSON WAS BLASTED last night by Malcolm Glazer for selecting Louis Saha up front for Manchester United instead of Ruud van Nistelrooy. The owner claimed that the promotion of the in-form France striker was a “crass” decision that could threaten the future of the club. “What use is Saha to us when the shorter the name on replica shirts the lower the price they fetch?” Glazer said. “The trouble with concentrating on the football is that you lose sight of the whole purpose of a club, which is to make money for its owners. We’ve taken our eye off the pound signs.”

Glazer was astounded to hear that United’s team in the 1990s included David May. “How can you sign a guy with three letters? With that kind of commercial naivety, it’s no wonder they experienced such financial trouble and needed me to bail them out.” The American defended United’s policy of charging their players to appear in matches. “Wayne Rooney is taking up valuable space on the pitch that some of our corporate guests would pay a fortune to stand in, so it’s only right that he forks out. Van Nistelrooy has been playing as a substitute recently, so he has paid a much smaller ‘pitch entrance fee’.

“On the other hand, his wages have been frozen because if someone is not providing us with a service then obviously we should not pay them.” Glazer has also introduced a performance-related salary for Ferguson. “It’s a very reasonable arrangement,” the owner said. “Ferguson receives a large amount of money if we win all four trophies, he gets nothing if it is three trophies, and two or fewer trophies means he has to hand over his house to the club.”

Meanwhile, Glazer has launched an investigation into the ugly scenes in the tunnel after United’s match against Arsenal at Old Trafford last season. “It was an absolute scandal that an Arsenal player threw a slice of pizza at Ferguson,” he said. “We paid for that food so it was about 70 pence down the drain.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...093867,00.html

Spoiler:
    It's a spoof, sorry lads

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: GLAZER blasts SAHA selection

Buhahahaha.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Really good. It's a shame that it isn't true, had me going for a second!
    [live=BlondeDan]name[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Haha very funny

i must admit i'd find it even more amusing if i wasn't so worried about that fuckin Leprechaun using us as his pot-o-gold! :grr
    Steve Coppell & Wayne Rooney....... Born in Croxteth....... MADE IN MANCHESTER!!!
    -------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was reading it thinking this has got to be a piss take, but when I saw the link was to the times online I thought bloody hell its true, if your URL was to the Sun online you'd never have gotten away with it
    :beer 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.:beer