Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Company policies are shite!

When employers pull the shit like I had pulled on me today it makes you not want to work and to go on the dole and get paid to look for work.

I started my new job in January for a VERY big compnay and I had 2 instances of being off sick (genuinely) and one occasion of being 15 minutes late. I was then investigated and put into a investigation that was more like an interigation I was in a room with two managers and I was basically pushed into a corner and made to sign a statement and then put on a three month plan of action where I could not be late or off sick for three months. All was going well until saturday the 4th of March when I had a pretty nasty crash on my motorbike on my way into work, I actually made it into work and work called an abulance for me. I then had to take 6 days off as I am on crutches and I was signed off work. When I returned back to work last week I was then put into another investigation with two managers who then escalated the sittuation to disciplinary action.

Today I had a meeting (disciplinary) with the big manager and another team manager and get this even though WORK called my ambulance and I made it into work I was put on 6 month induction and a 6 month plan of action where I am not alloowed to be 1 minute late or if I am off sick for any reason I am going to be sacked. Not only this I have lost the oppurtunity to get my monthly bonus of £250.00 so I have also lost £1500.00 in bonuses which is a big chunk of wages considdering I only pick up £1000.00 a month. I think its a kick in the teeth that companies can pull this kind of shit and get away with it. I can not progress in the company so I am sat on the bottom rung of the ladder and not able to move.

to be honest I am thinking of going in and dropping the first manager I see I am that infuriated.

With companies doing this type of stuff, going off on benefits looks quite rosey.
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Company policies are shite!

Im not sure if they can penilise you for being sick maybe you could post in the legal section and let LE give you some advise? being late yes and usually only anything is done if it is a regular occurance

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers just linked this in the legal help and advice section.
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

Thanks
    Karma Level

It does seem somewhat excessive, especially considering an ambulance was involved. It would have been worthwhile starting greivance procedure against your employer, although it may be too late now you've accepted the outcome of the disciplinary procedure.
    -=+PhliX+=-

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I can appeal.. I think I will

Thanks
    Karma Level

Are you going to name and shame the company.

Just so we can avoid them in the future.
    Last edited by Crilly; 21st March 2006 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did you get the doctor to sign you off sick for the 6 days? I know it sounds silly but I've heard of places that need this no matter what!
    For a disciplinary proceedure, there should also be an opportunity to appeal the descision - if you "big manager" won't do this, then consider taking it up with your area manager if you have one.
    I also heard somewhere that if a doctor has signed you off as sick then a company cannot sack you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i wouldnt name and shame them until anything legal is sorted

at least ask legal eagle if you are allowed to name and shame them

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like its not worth the mither for such a shitty wage m8,tell them to shove it

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

aye yes I was signed off by the quack he wanted me to stay off for 6 weeks I said fuck that let me back when the swellin goes down lol..

Am never going to name and shame them.

On a lighter note I got my bonus back but I am not allowed to be late or take any time of or (this is the killer) apply for my coveted management position until the end of June..

It was wierd in work today though everyone seemed to know what had happened and everyone was very supportive even other managers thought it was a tadd OTT... lets wait out and see what happens.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds OTT to me as well. Then again I still work for the same big company, that I started my career with. I've been quite low in the company foodchain my early days, and because of the enviroment I worked in, it was very controlled, and yes, I have taken a lot of shit in my days, but always with a smile.

I never thought highly of the managers there, but once I made it there, I understood them a lot better. Unfortunately because of genuine assholes, sometimes good guys get trapped in this kind of sceptical enviroment. Just the nature of the beast, especially if your managers also rely on making their targets with your workload.

I hate to say it, but in this big company, it's easier to end up under the magnifier if you are the least bit original. Meaning piercings, tattoos and so on. Personally I don't give a shit, but I felt I was very much alone with that sort of relaxed attitude. Hence I have "left the building" so to say, took another role with the same company, but in another country

BIG company, STINKY policies and procedures.
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Policies like that are shite and get out of control, which is what is happening to you. I think there must be a team of 'experts' that go around teaching companies how to screw every last drop of work out of the employees with KPI’s, spread sheets, action plans and general over management. I once had a job where we were measured daily against the previous years performance…I mean some days are good some are bad but you cant consistently beat last year every single day.

Go in shooting is what I suggest. A five second conversation with your AK-47 should clear the matter up.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ElWappo
    A five second conversation with your AK-47 should clear the matter up.
    eeew AK?... armalite or SA80 I am a westener not a terrorist

then again I suppose it dont matter when I am dispatching david brent to the contact centre in the sky