Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help clifford intellistart

I am interested in installing a clifford alarm and remote start onto a diesel car. Would it work properly by waiting for the coils, and also does the alarm have a way of checking whether the car is in gear or not.

Also does any one have remote start installed does it work ok and is it worth having?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: clifford intellistart

I was thinking about getting the same a few months ago until i looked around and got loads of people telling me my insurance would hammer me for having it.

but to answer your question. Found this on the clifford site

12. Can I have a remote engine starter fitted to my manual transmission car?

A. Yes, absolutely you can. One of the major innovations of the G4 range recently introduced by Clifford is the IntelliStart 4 remote engine starter (see 'Sensors & Accessories' section for full details). The IntelliStart 4 is designed to easily interface with ALL vehicles, regardless of whether automatic transmission or manual, petrol fuel injection or diesel engine types.
    I personally decided against buy it. I mean it only really save you a few seconds and i thought the novelty value would were off after a couple of weeks

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you install it yourself it will not be able to be used as an insurance discount as you will not have the Thatcham certificate which is only given out by authorised dealers... I can give you a wiring diagram if you wish to PM me with the vehicle details.....
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the offer Tony, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start with installing an alarm, was thinking of getting it profesionally installed.

@Mr Flash , would you need to tell your insurance as it part of the alarm system, and from my understanding you can't even drive the car away with out inserting the keys although I may be wrong.

It's useful in the winter so you can start your car up and have it defrost while your having breakfast.

Thanks
    Karma Level

just take your spare key, start your car with it and lock the car with your real key. its hardly safe but its fine for leaving it in your driveway whilst it warms up on a cold winters morning and could save you from having to deice it if you leave all the blowers on the hottest setting. a lot safer than leaving it keys in the ignition unlocked