Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default [SPOILER WARNING] - Oh my God, they Killed ****!! YOU BASTARDS!!

If you dont want to know who dies in southpark then close this whole thread right NOW

I Know 1997 is a long time ago and south park is no where near as good as it once was, but its still great to watch when you have fuck all else to do.

Spoiler:

But Chef, the greatest character of them all, was killed off in an episode screened in the states last nite.

On March 13, 2006, Isaac 'Chef' Hayes officially resigned from the show, citing an increasing dissatisfaction with the show's treatment of religious faiths, most notably his own, Scientology, which was lampooned in the episode Trapped in the Closet (Season 9). Despite his official press release, however, there remains considerable speculation about the events motivating his departure. As recently as January 4, 2006, Hayes defended South Park's style of humor to the Onion's AV Club, noting that, although he was not pleased with how the show represented Scientology, he "understands what [Matt and Trey] are doing." Shortly after this statement, Hayes suffered a stroke, and some speculate that he may no longer be in a position to make major decisions for himself. In the first episode of Season 10 (March 22, 2006), Chef was officially killed off. Although Hayes's voice is heard throughout the episode, his lines were stitched together by sampling his voice from previous episodes. While this sample editing enabled the show to contend with Hayes's departure, it was also exaggerated to maximize its comic effect. In the episode, Chef is brainwashed by The Super Adventure Club, whose mission is to molest children all over the world. This "club" is clearly another satire of the Church of Scientology. Apparently, the club brainwashed Chef to believe that molesting children could make you immortal, which the club explains in terms similar to those which describe the origins of Scientology in the episode Trapped in the Closet. Despite a rescue attempt by the four boys, Chef succumbs to the brainwashing and returns to the club. He is then killed in a grisly accident. Gathered for his funeral, the citizens of South Park all agree that they will remember Chef as the loving, upstanding role model, and instead blame "that fruity club" for brainwashing him. In the last scene of the episode, the club resurrects Chef vis-a-vis Darth Vader, however, there's no indication yet if "Darth Chef" will become a reoccuring character.
    Last edited by Spennyboy; 23rd March 2006 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Oh my God, the Killed Chef!! YOU BASTARDS!!

Hahaha, Darth Chef, what a God already Cheers for the info, would love to see that episode.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Could have put this in spoiler quotes mate. I havn't watched the ep yet!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -G-Man-
    I Know 1997 is a long time ago and south park is no where near as good as it once was, but its still great to watch when you have fuck all else to do.

But Chef, the greatest character of them all, was killed off in an episode screened in the states last nite.
    Absolutely, categorically disagree with all of that. Chef has been surplus to requirements for years, The best thing about chef? his father and the stories of him seeing the Loch Ness monster:

Chef's dad:

Say, would you crackers like to hear about the time we saw the Loch Ness monster?

Stan:

No, that's okay

Chef's dad:

Ooh! It must've been about seven, eight years ago. Me and the little lady was out on this boat you see, all alone at night, when all of a sudden this huge creature, this giant crustacean from the paleolithic era, comes out of the water

Chef's mom:

We was so scared, Lord have mercy, I jumped up in the boat and I said "Thomas, what on earth is that creature?!"

Chef's dad:

It stood above us looking down with these big red eyes...

Chef's mom:

Oh it was so scary!

Chef's dad:

And I yelled, I said "What do you want from us monster?!" And the monster bent down and said "I need about treefiddy"

[silence]
    Kyle:

What's treefiddy?

Chef's dad:

Three dollars and fifty cents

Chef's mom:

Treefiddy

Stan:

He wanted money?

Chef's dad:

That's right. I said "I ain't giving you no treefiddy you goddam Loch Ness monster! Get your own goddam money!"

Chef's mom:

I gave him a dollar

Chef's dad:

She gave him a dollar

Chef's mom:

I thought he'd go away if I gave him a dollar

Chef's dad:

Well of course he's not gonna go away! You gave him a dollar, he's gonna assume you got more
    And some of the recent episodes have been hilarious. Die Hippy Die, Mr Garrison's Fancy New Vagina, The Jeffersons etc. etc. South Park is in my opinion just about as good as it's ever been.

The Simpsons on the other hand.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

woo will be up in a few hours weeeeeee

south park is legendary, anyone who disagree's probably likes little britain or takes things too seriously

edit: please use spoiler tags ffs!
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -G-Man-

Must disagree mate, I think south park has come such a long way. It started as just dick and fart jokes, but it's evolved into one the of the most thought provoking and relevent tv shows being created today. Some of the episodes in the last few series have been some of the best satire ever created IMO.

And i'll say it again. Use spoiler tags!

OH and shang its already up on ngs. pm me if you need an nzb.

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for letting me know

and it's ok, I pay for newzbin becuase I find 12.5p a week doable

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree with the south park lovers, the last parts of season 9 and todays season 10 have been absolutly fucking hilarious, I crack up so damn hard with some of the jokes. best I've seen in a while

and true about simpsons, although there last two episodes have been quite good all the ones before the last two were SHITE

but how can it compete with family guy and southpark which both can use crude jokes where simpsons has to stay quite white collar
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

i dont bother with the simpsons anymore, in fact I deleted them for extra space.

they've either been played to death or they've taken the show on for too long, even the 'classics' (no, NOT Simpleton's Roasting on an Open Fire) the ones that used to be funny have lost it for me now.

whereas south park just remains the same, if not better for me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep simpson is utter pish now. Will watch the ricky gervais episode though, which should be on this week i think.

Thanks
    Karma Level

added spoiler tags.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer_y89
    added spoiler tags.
    lol yeah but the subject line is still there.

Watched the ep. Very good. Glad they gave chef a good send off. I blame tom cruise. I'll be downloading MI:3 in protest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by partyman
    lol yeah but the subject line is still there.
    Better....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer_y89
    Better....
    no please go back in time and erase it from our memory too.

do you have the access rights to do that?

ps, thanks, if I hadn't seen it then this would've been good...gratitude but with a little space for random vengence lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: [SPOILER WARNING] - Oh my God, they Killed ****!! YOU BASTARDS!!

Appoligies about the spoilers, i heard they were killing him off on Radio One last week and i assumed it was comon knowledge. I just wanted it confiremed and i guess now it is. Sorry again Guys!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

no worries, I watched this just now and it's genius!

Thanks
    Karma Level

they also announced they killed him off on bbc news, so you know, it's not exactly a secret lol
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

it made Page 3 of the Sun too!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Supposedly quitting South park was nothing to do with Isaac Hayes

March 23, 2006 -- ISAAC Hayes may not have quit "South Park" at all - or at least not willingly. Turns out Hayes has been away from Comedy Central's hit show for the past three months because he had a stroke. According to foxnews.com, he's at home recuperating and did not issue the press release which said he was quitting because the show made fun of his faith. That release was put out by fellow Scientologist Christina "Kumi" Kimball, a fashion executive for designer Craig Taylor. According to foxnews.com, "Hayes loves 'South Park' and needs it for income. He has a new wife and a baby on the way."
    source: http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/65830.htm

that news has been all over the last couple of days,
    crazy scientologists, they pulled one of their own 'clan' because they didnt like it even though he loved the show.
    obviously cant take a joke

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have a link for the full episode if anyone wants it ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast