Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: comments

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default comments

After seing there site "amber-windows" I figured it was about time for a face lift, so I knocked this up, whats your thoughts please. www.amberwindows.net

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: comments

hey magic. got to be honest, as a site to capture new customers (customers who will give you thousands of pounds), it just doesn't cut it. this site should have a professional feel. try to incorporate images within the pages (rather than having a special photos page). people want to see images so put them in front of them. break up your text (big chucks of text is hard to read and off putting).

heres a site that i am currently working on (i need to optimise the loading of images on the homepage - its a little slow).
    http://rivalwindows.co.uk/

colour
    images
    bullet points

good luck.

ps - i hope you dont take the comments above personally. the problem with creating something yourself is that you become protective of it. take a step back and reaccess.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for that mate will work on it, I will post again when done tell me what you think,, I did do a full animated site but was slow tobe honest so removed it.

Rgds Magic

Thanks
    Karma Level

look forward to seeing it magic

Thanks
    Karma Level

would agree with inspironx tbh, i wouldnt give any money to a company who looks to have had their site designed in frontpage.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have now changed it, Just need to redo the banners when I get around to it, I was asked to do the site as their site is not very good, I have full control over the site, I do work for the company as a rep. We will see just how much they offer me for designing it. If not then I will keep all the leads myself. I am not that daft, putting their free number LOL it's my own number I am testing the water. Proving a point the web is the way to go.. LOL

Thanks
    Karma Level

sorry m8, dont mean to be a ****, but it looks almost no different to earlier.

heres an exact list of the stuff i find tacky and shit:

1. square box at the top saying welcome... fix it, put the ****ing company name there ffs.. its the companies title that should be the first thing the person looks at

2. font, spelling, grammar, christ even capital letter rules seem to elude you

3. the shitty background image that runs along the left hand side of the page is seriously ****ing ugly.

4. the images.. my god.. wtf.. the one on bottom left of the main page has a white border round it.. if you cant work a scanner, i aint giving u money to fit windows lol.

5. that is possibly the ugliest set of menu buttons ive ever seen.

6. look over all the text you have put on the site.. or get somone else to read over it for you... almost all of it is verbose, ill-fitting shite, none of which would convince me to hand over cash.
    Amber Windows is a privately owned company, which was established in 1993 and incorporated in 1995. The company has continued to expand steadily since 1990 in the West Midlands area. From 1995 based and controlled from our new larger head office and manufacturing premises in Ward end, Birmingham. Celebrating the company's continuing success for year 2000. there are also showrooms / sales office in Cotteridge, Great Barr, Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury, Erdington. Amber Windows was awarded the "ISO 9002 Quality Management Certificate" in 1996 for recognition of it's standards regarding every aspect of ADMINISTRATION and MANUFACTURING.
    who cares.

7. the contact us page.. what the ****s the point, all that info should be easily visible on the MAIN PAGE!!! remove the page, put the info in a better location, dont make yer customer search for it

8. the legal page.. bin it:
    Amberwindows is the sole owner of the information collected on this Web site. We only gather information we need to serve you better and will not - without your consent, - sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement except in cases where in good faith we believe that the law requires us to do so, it is necessary to protect amberwindows's rights and/or property, or if circumstances necessitate acting to protect the personal safety of staff or of the public.

All information on this Web site is copyright 2002 by amberwindows.
    what information? lol, you dont ****ing collect any. even if you did, get rid of it anyway... no one has that kind of shit on their site unless your collecting personally identifible details.

9. security windows... not really sure why this has a page on its own... then you go on to talk about how security should be your first concern... then why not put it where they would be ordering the ****ing windows.. not just there.. on its own for people to forget about, you need to offer them the ability to get the security windows as an upgrade to whatever they were gonna buy in the first place....
    ... or perhaps ive misunderstood the window fitting business, but thats what id do if i was actually trying to push the product rather than putting it on its own ugly ass page with ugly ass images and crap graphics pointing to the locking points lol... this page just sits there for no particular reason as far as i can see..

10. the 'areas covered' page.. wtf is going on there.. get some consistency.. just make a list with say 2 or 3 columns or perhaps a map of the areas you cover instead of one big comma'd line of places then another line of places.. why are telford newport and staffordshire on their own line? it makes no ****ing sense lol

11. the services page...
    i dunno why the **** its titled services when it tells me of service inspectors... in-house no less who will and i quote, spelling intact
    who’s priority is to make sure “Amber” are manufactureing and fitted what we consider to be the best product in the double glazing industry. Therefore eliminating any future likelihood of potential problems
    hahahaha... id close the site right at that line there lol, if i made it past the rest of it.

why does Amber Windows have quote marks on it on this page? why have u randomly underlined certain words...

12. soffit facia guttering... right im not too sure what the aim is here... is this site more of a contact point where people can look up info on you as a company and get in contact or are you intending to provide a list or catalogue of services and products... if so.. how the **** are you deciding which products and services you are showing... why this guttering pish.. but not actual windows.. i dont get it tbh.

13. the animated gif with the number... have you ever tried writing down a flashing number?!

thats all i can stomach for now. if you are using frontpage to make this site, please, dont. open notepad and start again.

edit, thought of another 14. your slogan.. as it were... no offence.. tis pish lol. ask your neighbour why? why what? why his windows are falling out? lol

you shouldnt have to list these qualities.. especially by number lol.. just sounds daft and if your trying to exude an air of quality etc... it should come accross in the site and the images of the work.. not in a list of words.

anyway.. as i said above, not trying to be a **** and please, please dont take any of this personally, im just trying to help you provide a site that may encourage custom from people who arent blind.

inspironx's page is nice, i chuckled when i saw the 'bell-end' style conservatories tho... lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

LMFAO @ Marcode something tells me you dont like it one bit LOL Best Fcuking laugh I have had in a long while.. I can see where you are coming from, Will when I get time to amend some of the shite LOL...

Thanks
    Karma Level

r well im glad u found it amusing lol.. i was expecting you to take the hump lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

"I can take it on the chin"
    LOL no mate after all I did ask for a honest opinion , I have altered some more put a map now on area's covered. Also seen spelling errors and put right.. made me laugh when I seen I put "Qualitity" Fcuk knows what I was thinking LOL.. Cleaned up text in service all one font now. Banners next.. Soffit Facia guttering is left alone as it does tell you what we do and what we use... so that I am happy with... Legal I will remove later
    B/Ground colour HMMMMMMM thought it looked fetching myself..

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol damm that was a fookin funny review. glad you're taking it the right way magic.

you haven't even started on the spelling and grammer yet. here's the first line...

Welcome to the amber windows W web site. Our The directors of Amber Windows wish to thank you for your visit to our website. this site has...

you're gonna have to pay me to go any further lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fcuk me how did I not spot that, Well sorted it now, Hey inspironx any help is well appriciated I am not bad as a rule guess not enough sleep dont help, not that I am looking for excusses it's mine and sticking to it LOL..

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol fook about geezer, you still havent capitalised the second sentence! lol

if u want free help then visit my link here...

http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=257812

otherwise get your cheque book out

Thanks
    Karma Level

erm... not quite what i had in mind when i said map of the areas...

i dont mean a map of britain with a little circle around birmingham... lol

this could be a really long thread.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ROFLMAO the map is the area we cover not just Birmingham LOLOL

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol use another map man. i thought u only covered birmingham too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

tbh if i were doing this for the first time and i didnt have a ****ing clue what i was up to i wouldnt make the site quite so complex till i had decided exactly what content should be and what its purpose is.

if you dunno what yer doing dont make it over complex, you can still achieve something nice looking while still fairly simple... heres a wee mock i bodged up.. its like.. 20 lines of text.

marcode.net/amber

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode
    ... heres a wee mock i bodged up.. its like.. 20 lines of text.

marcode.net/amber
    Karma'd that. Fkin good work so quick and so forgiving

PS.. called that freefone number and got a right whore

Thanks
    Karma Level

First impressions... The colour scheme doesnt do anything for me. It will do little to instill confidence in potential customers too. I'd forget the current design and go for something just as simple but more effective. Orange, blue and white just isnt working.

Simplify the navigation even further. Have a portfolio with previous work nicely presented.
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode
    tbh if i were doing this for the first time and i didnt have a ****ing clue what i was up to i wouldnt make the site quite so complex till i had decided exactly what content should be and what its purpose is.

if you dunno what yer doing dont make it over complex, you can still achieve something nice looking while still fairly simple... heres a wee mock i bodged up.. its like.. 20 lines of text.

marcode.net/amber
    Fails http validation tho! http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...net%2Famber%2F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast