Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Dung robber jailed

A knife-wielding mugger who robbed a woman of her bags before discovering they were full of dog mess has been jailed for four years.

David Carlisle, 32, forced 52-year-old Marion Budd to hand over the bags at knifepoint last July as she walked her dog in Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol.

When he realised what he had taken, Carlisle, a drug addict and father-of -four, fled the scene empty-handed.

The bungling would-be thief was jailed after admitting attempted robbery.

DNA evidence

His four-year sentence will run concurrently with the seven-year term he is already serving for multiple burglaries.

Bristol Magistrates heard Carlisle, of no fixed address, jumped out of a car and thrust the knife at Ms Budd, and ordered her to hand over her bags.

But he dropped the carrriers and ran off after she told him that the contents were less lucrative than he might have hoped.

Carlisle was tracked down after his DNA was found on the car used in the attempted robbery, and was later identified by the dog walker in a video ID parade.

Recorder John Trevaskis told him it was "testament to his incompetence" that he had attempted to steal a bag of dog excrement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4974374.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Dung robber jailed

If her bags were yellow and black he'd have known they were Netto carrier bags, and therefore full of shit anyway

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bertroot

His four-year sentence will run concurrently with the seven-year term he is already serving for multiple burglaries.
    Just about sums up the state of this countries legal system. How the hell can he be serving a seven year stretch for christ's sake ? He was out robbing some poor git in the park.

It's about time that when people get 5,10,or how many years, that is what they serve. All this crap about good behaviour, remorse etc. If they thought about that BEFORE committing the crimes then they wouldn't be in trouble in the first place.
    And let's face it, time of for good behaviour in prison is a bloody joke, cos I would imagine nearly all prisoners behave themselves when they have no freedom, to go out a mug, maim, or kill anyone.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Just about sums up the state of this countries legal system. How the hell can he be serving a seven year stretch for christ's sake ? He was out robbing some poor git in the park.
    I would imagine his 7 stretch was processed and administered before this offence was...what gets me about the justice system is that he could have nicked someones car, driven it like a nutter and killed some kid and probably ended up with a few months inside for it, yet nick some shit off a granny and you get a 4 stretch?? now that's the state of this country.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

When he realised what he had taken, Carlisle, a drug addict and father-of -four, fled the scene empty-handed.
    Why don't they just inject these fuckers with cyanide and rid the community of them ? Some father for his kids to look up to eh !!

Bristol Magistrates heard Carlisle, of no fixed address, jumped out of a car and thrust the knife at Ms Budd, and ordered her to hand over her bags.
    Father of four 'no fixed address' means he probably used the kids as a way of avoiding prison. How the fuck can you be a 'father' to four kids with no fixed address?
    My god I wish I was a magistrate/judge

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why don't they just inject these fuckers with cyanide and rid the community of them ? Some father for his kids to look up to eh !!

To judge by your ill thought out comments, I for one, am glad you're not.

Drug addicts are people with a problem, most do not choose to be addicted to a substace. making a few bad choices that lead to an addiction does not warrent being "injected with cyanide"

How do you know his addiction isn't caused by over use of painkillers following surgery?

You don't, yet still you see fit to pass judgement and condemn this man to death?

Addiction of any kind, is an illness. What this man needs is help, not cyanide.
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryRises

Drug addicts are people with a problem, most do not choose to be addicted to a substace. making a few bad choices that lead to an addiction does not warrent being "injected with cyanide"
    Yes it does. So if it was you're Mother/Father/Son/ Duaghter or you're house robbed by a person with a 'problem', I pressume you would feel sorry for them because they made a bad choice and then failed to seek help ?

How do you know his addiction isn't caused by over use of painkillers following surgery?
    What a load of bollocks, the only surgery he should have is a vasectomy to stop him breeding !! I don't think painkillers would lead you onto heroin\smack or whatever gets them high !

Addiction of any kind, is an illness. What this man needs is help, not cyanide.
    The fact that this low life robbed a 52 year old woman just about sums it up, would he try to mug a 30 year old fella ? I think not cos he knows he's in for a hiding !!

So stop trying to be all bloody PC and get in the real world, cos these scum use that to thier advantage all the time, claiming they need help. So if they need help and are offered it how come they end up with multiple convictions.

Believe me m8 I have personal experience in this, my nephew robbed his gran, and his aunty. I actually caught him robbing his aunty's house and kicked fuck out of him. He was for ever in and out of prison. He then met a girl had a kid and where is he now....................................................DEAD, at the age of 25 and where is his girlfriend..............................
    DEAD, at the age of 21.

So don't try telling me they just need help !!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Father of four 'no fixed address' means he probably used the kids as a way of avoiding prison. How the fuck can you be a 'father' to four kids with no fixed address?
    Totaly agree. They're a waste of space.

Drug addiction isnt an illness its a choice.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The media blows the smallest thing out of all proportion, he may not be an addict he may just like to have a smoke at the weekends. or take a pill when he goes out once a month. There is nothing saying anything there about his drug use, other than 'drug addict'

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike
    The media blows the smallest thing out of all proportion, he may not be an addict he may just like to have a smoke at the weekends. or take a pill when he goes out once a month. There is nothing saying anything there about his drug use, other than 'drug addict'
    The media blows the smallest thing out of all proportion, he may not be an addict he may just like to have a smoke at the weekends
    Thats not so bad then is it, so if it was you're mother he just happens to attack next Saturday cos he fancies a smoke you won't mind will you. Don't talk fucking shit, you would want to kill him !!

There is nothing saying anything there about his drug use, other than 'drug addict'
    I don't think that having a 'smoke' at the weekend is classed as being an addict. The fact that the guy has previous and is probably well known to the local plod as a drug user just about sums the state of our society, and you are trying to defend the worthless piece of shit !!
    Don't forget he's got 4 fucking kids, he don't work, so who is paying for the next gen of little thugs ? ............. You got it in one !! Me and You

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think painkillers would lead you onto heroin\smack or whatever gets them high !

Have you ever heard of a painkiller called Codine? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codeine

Codeine is a derivative of Opium, but most of it in the US is synthesized from Heroin

No?

How about Morphine? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morphine

Morphine is a derivative of opium so, if not weaned off it properly, could lead to a Heroin addiction (Heroin is also a derivative of Opium).

Oh, and I wasn't being PC, I was simply stating that it's sometimes worth getting all of the facts first before condemning a man to death.
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun

Thanks
    Karma Level

Eric

Have you never seen the press hype stuff up bigger than it is? If you haven't then you must have been underground for the last fuck knows how long.

Everybody has their own views on drug addiction and you don't have to think someone else is an idiot cos he doesn't follow the same track as you on this subject.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bertroot
    Eric

Everybody has their own views on drug addiction and you don't have to think someone else is an idiot cos he doesn't follow the same track as you on this subject.

Didn't think that I had implied that anyone was an idiot, if it came accross that way then it wasn't intended.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Eric i wasn't defending him, i was using him as an example as it is him that this whole injecting people with cyanide thing started. I was just stating that the media will blow the tiniest thing out of proportion to make the bad guy look worse.