Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Girl, 11, will be Britain's youngest mother

Not sure if this is wrong now following Lombies post below but it is still a terrible state of affairs.

A girl is to become Britain's youngest mother after becoming pregnant at 11.

The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.

The 15-year-old has since been charged with rape by police, and is due to appear again at Edinburgh sheriff court on July 10.

Her 34-year-old mother, who gave birth to her youngest child eight months ago, said she was 'proud' of her daughter.

She will be 12 years and 8 months when she has the child next month. Jenny Teague, Britain's youngest mother until now, was a month older when she gave birth in 1997.

How can we best tackle this problem? Tell us in reader comments below

The youngster, who lives near Edinburgh, says looking after her younger brothers has prepared her for motherhood.

But the girl admits she "panics and cries" when babies are unwell and does not feel able to bathe them.

The mother-to-be, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had unprotected sex with the teenage boy, who also cannot be identified, while drunk last August.

'Excited'

She told the Sun: "I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum.

"I can't wait to take the baby swimming and out for walks in the pram. I think I'll be able to cope as I've had lots of practice looking after my brothers.

"I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies. But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm a bit frightened.

"It's good to know I'll have my mum here to help me if I need her."

Concerned she might be pregnant, the girl visited a GP three times but tests proved negative. She learned the truth after buying a home-testing kit from a supermarket.

After the device displayed two blue lines, indicating she was pregnant, she pleaded with a female relative to break the news to her mother. The girl, who has been suspended from her first year of secondary school for fighting, said: "I was paranoid about what my mum was going to say and just frightened about being pregnant too.

"I knew straight away that I couldn't have an abortion because that's something I don't believe in.

"I was upset and so was my mum, especially as she'd just had my wee brother. We had a big argument and I ended up locking myself in my room and running away to a friend's.

"It was really hard but it's brought me and my mum closer, which is good. I knew my mum would stand by me no matter what, but I told her straight away I was going to keep the baby.

"The social worker suggested I got rid of it but I'd never do that."

Smoking at nine

The girl, who has shoulder-length dark hair, began smoking at nine and started drinking tonic wine and vodka cocktails at ten. She claimed her cigarette habit was not harming the health of her unborn child.

She said: "I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy."

The girl, whose parents split up several years ago, said she would like a baby boy - and may call him Leo.

She is currently being educated at a local community centre but knows she must return to school.

She told the Sun: "My mum has said she will look after the baby so I can go to school. I don't know what I want to do with my life when I leave. I used to want to be a nursery nurse, but now I'm not so sure."

'Proud of my daughter'

Her mum said: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping the baby.

"I know she's worried what other people will say but she can walk out there with her head held high.

"At first I wasn't too happy about becoming a gran. But now I'm used to the idea. I'm really looking forward to having another baby in the house."

The Scottish Conservatives has called for society and families to unite to change attitudes towards sex following the news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...a_source=&ct=5

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Girl, 11, will be Britain's youngest mother

11 year old smoking 20 a day and having drunken nights out?

'I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time' says it all really

Also- 'I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy'.....so all the medical research that has gone into that is worthless as she somehow thinks she is different to everyone else? :/

Thanks
    Karma Level

What a disgrace, when a mother doesn't impress on her daughter that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

I would lay bets that this child's child does the same thing, the mother wants a damned good slap for not teaching her what is right and wrong.

I'm not even going to comment on the lad's behaviour, something akin to cutting his bits off comes to mind.

What a sick world.
    Me and my fella spit our dummies out so we won't be coming back. ever. boo hoo.

This is a techy / hackers forum not a fu**ing mothers meeting so - peace out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lin
    What a disgrace, when a mother doesn't impress on her daughter that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

I would lay bets that this child's child does the same thing, the mother wants a damned good slap for not teaching her what is right and wrong.

I'm not even going to comment on the lad's behaviour, something akin to cutting his bits off comes to mind.

What a sick world.
    the mothers a junkie they had a photo of them in a squalid flat with her drugs kit lying there, social workers should have had the wee lass out of there..

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i wouldnt blame the lad or the girl tbh. she probably lied about her age or the subject just didnt come up, if she's smoking and drinking its probably safe to assume she isnt 11. the lad will just have been some little chav trying to get his leg over

the mum on the other hand, she needs some sense beaten into her
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is unbelievable. the baby deserves more than that for a start in life. The country should start culling scum like this on our streets. Bring back repect and responsibility to our daily lives.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPlAnKs
    i wouldnt blame the lad or the girl tbh. she probably lied about her age or the subject just didnt come up, if she's smoking and drinking its probably safe to assume she isnt 11. the lad will just have been some little chav trying to get his leg over

the mum on the other hand, she needs some sense beaten into her
    Eh? I can understand if it was a 15 year old girl and the lad thought she was 16-17 but an 11 year old? There is no way an 11 year old is gonna look 16+ ... drinking/smoking or not!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtygirl
    Eh? I can understand if it was a 15 year old girl and the lad thought she was 16-17 but an 11 year old? There is no way an 11 year old is gonna look 16+ ... drinking/smoking or not!
    I know, my girlfriend has an 11 year old neice and she looks nowhere near even 14 nevermind 16! Its also a wonder where they're getting the smokes and drinks from! Sickening!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I blame the parents

DJ
    I was touched by Jesus, so i had him arrested.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by God is a DJ
    I blame the parents

DJ
    Agreed, both the girls and the boys, neither have obviously any self respect or concern for the kids.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Great...more pikey chav scum for us all to chip in and pay for, to bring up!!
    I`m sure the kid will grow up to be a productive member of society, work hard to get a good job and look to improve itself by personal achivement .......but then again,maybe not!
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

i blame the parents too cos shes actually proud her daughter gettin pregnant whilst gettin pissed. and shes a heavy smoker?? at 11???
    im more than double the age and a still like to keep away from that stuff

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

it's a sad state of affairs when the parent can't see a problem with their 11 yr child being pregnant
    not to mention the smoking and drinking habit
    to be honest i don't blame the child i blame the parent and the enviroment she is being dragged up in
    there's obviously no moral guidance or watchfull eye on the child the least any parent could do

she's 11 for christ sake smoking , drinking i think the parent has a lot to answer for