Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default £131.50 to watch Eastenders

Bugger me

(flumperino gives odds of 5/4 that the first reply is along the lines of "Yeah....bitch innit", rather than "You watch Eastenders? Fool.")

Shooooooo-ryuken!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: £131.50 to watch Eastenders

Watch something else?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not corrie tho thats £150
    Signature Removed - Maximum signature image size is: 468 x 60

Thanks
    Karma Level

sell all your TV Tuners & sack the license off. this is my global plan.

then download.

oh wait...no, that makes sense
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

But......the world cups coming up :-o

Seriously though, i'd like to see the License scrapped and adverts on the BBC instead to try and make up the cost of nobody paying.
    LEEDS AND PROUD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by copey123

Seriously though, i'd like to see the License scrapped and adverts on the BBC instead to try and make up the cost of nobody paying.
    How do you mean mate? There are already adverts on the BBC.

That's what really pisses me off...the cheeky cunts say we pay the licence because they don't show adverts.....then, in between shows, they show up to 90 seconds of ads for their own programmes.

Bandits

Shooooooo-ryuken!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah, but at least with the BBC adverts you don't start to worry that you're not getting enough Bifidus Digestivum or that you're a bit short of Nutrilium.

Of course, it's all a load of Boswelox.

Thanks
    Karma Level

buhahahaha....boswellox...that's my favourite advert.....

and don't forget....it was developed for the NASA space programme

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i like the bbc the way it is. it would be a shame to turn the bbc into another cable type channel with adverts showng non-stop.
    Mladen

Thanks
    Karma Level

If BBC is as good as it claims, then let it go subscription and those who want it can pay, and those with d boxes can delete the service file.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mladen
    i like the bbc the way it is. it would be a shame to turn the bbc into another cable type channel with adverts showng non-stop.
    aye, as many tvs as you can reasonably want in your house for £130 a year is hardly bad for all the services they provide without adverts
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

its not the fact that its a bargain, its the fact you have to pay the fucking thing even if you dont watch it.
    I dont turn the tv on at all, i didnt even have the arial in for about 18 months. i still had to pay for other cunts to watch eastenders.

There are some decent bbc shows ill agree, but most of them i could watch on sky IF i wanted to, and pay for them IF i wanted to.

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC1 it was worth paying for planet earth and traffic cops, BBC2 the office, the armstrongs, the thick of it. BBC3 for little britain. Radio 1, i listen to it all the time at work in the shovel, life would be boring without it, Radio 2 still good for when you want to get some old grooves. CBeeBies keeps my daughter happy in the morning and she wont watch anything else unless there is scooby doo on. The BBC.co.uk website is brilliant for information really up to date. BBCnews 24 not run by some yank corp like Skynews/Fox so you get good even opinions.

There is loads more that the BBC obviously do, thats just off the top of my head.

What would be better is if they slashed the saleries that the fat cats were on, and made the fee £5 a month, everyone iam sure, would be happy to pay that for what their getting.

£5 a month for all the BBC does against sky's £30 a month is a bloody bargain if you ask me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Godscrasher
    £5 a month for all the BBC does against sky's £30 a month is a bloody bargain if you ask me.
    I pay £11 or so DD a month, so it's more than £5.

yes the news is good & the bbc website is good too but they wanna run ads on the international version to help pay for it, i wouldn't be adverse to letting them put ads on the uk site if it made it free, as well as I dont mind they putting ads on bbc tv or radio to pay for that either.

Channel 4 are amazing, they are run off advertising revenue, why can't the bbc? Just becuase they say they are an institution it doesn't mean that they are. It's like Royal Mail, we stick with it & bail them out becuase they've been around so long it's just impregnated into people's heads that it's just the way it is.

correct me if i'm wrong but sheep we are not. we should be given a choice, and so far we're not. Own a tv tuner & u must own a license for it, regardless of how often you watch it.

That to me is only one thing, a perfect business devised by some clever person/group who's best interests at the time was probaly to secretly provide a service that most people will want but all people will pay for - regardless of how much, or how little they wanted it.

It'd never happen these days, too many different organisations would just on the bandwagon & it wouldn't get pulled off - but 50/70 years ago things were more undiscovered and i guess they got away with it. Although [clearly?] i'm not knowledgeable on the foundation of which the bbc or the license was based upon.

i'll give them credit for having a near-indestructable business empire but i'll also take it away becuase personally I get more value for money out of my BB connection & i'd rather those fees went to a institution that used my money properly to provide a full range of services - if I so chose to have them.
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by shangrula
    sell all your TV Tuners & sack the license off. this is my global plan.

then download.

oh wait...no, that makes sense
    Exactly what I do mate

I get pissed off by the amount of mail they send me, but I don't have a bloody TV!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why bother paying? I have not paid for over 6 years, I still get letters addressed to the occupant from TV licencing, but just ignore them. My $ky is registered at my mum's, TV was bought through work, so they have no way of tracing back to me through their database

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmm, we got Sky, nice 48" widescreen, as well as a few other tv's, but I probably watch about 2-3 hours of tv (very very rarely BBC) a week. Even the tv in my bedroom is plugged into the mains, but I havent bothered connecting any aerial or my freeview box up, cos I simply couldn't be bothered. Breaing in mind that TV license is paid, and I have all equipement neccessary to use it, and I still don't, don't quite add up.

It would be like the corner shop telling me I can buy a Mars bar for 30p, and me saying remember when you were dishing them out for free last week, and I still didn't want any, what makes you think 30p is a better price? BBC needs to wake up, customers in all sectors are getting used to value for money (You would think the creators of Watchdog would surely understand this concept).