Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Carragher is number 1 !

Robbie has joined the Echo for their World Cup team, and this is one of his first articles.....Why Carra should be number 1.

I couldnt agree more. Carragher and Terry for me, are the two best defenders in the world today. Rio flaps too much, and has really gone downhill this past season and a half. How he is a certaintity to partner Terry in defence bemuses me.

[by Robbie Fowler[/b]Anfield goal machine Robbie Fowler believes Jamie Carragher should be one of the first names on an England team-sheet and said it mystifies him why he isn't.
    The Reds scoring legend doesn't feel Carragher gets the credit he deserves at international level and feels he is one of the most consistent and reliable centre halves around.

"Watching England's final warm-up match against Jamaica last Saturday, I was left speechless during one part of John Motson's commentary," revealed Fowler.

"As he was talking to Mark Lawrenson about England's possible starting line-up against Paraguay, Motty suggested that the 11 who began against Jamaica would do so in Frankfurt this weekend.

"Suddenly, though, he seemed flustered and felt the need to correct himself. Sorry, he said. Gary Neville will come back in for Jamie Carragher at right-back, obviously.

"Obviously what? Carra has played in England's last three matches in three different positions and could not have been more impressive.

"I thought he was excellent in the holding role against Hungary but what more does he have to do to get credit from the so-called experts?

"Some people have often wondered whether Carra offers enough going forward, but unless my eyes were deceiving me, I'm pretty sure I saw him surge into the box and deliver a perfect cross for Peter Crouch to score his second.

"Play him as a right-back, central defender or central midfielder and he'll never let you down, but to suggest Neville should walk straight back into the team is at best grossly unfair and at worst, patronising.

"Football is all about having the ability to take your chances and there is nothing more certain to weaken a squad than lack of competition for places.

"When a player knows no matter how well he does that he will be dropped, there is nothing more demoralising.

"Take it from me, I must be the only player in history who has been dropped after scoring a hat-trick - twice!

"I read one column the other week that indicated he was happy just to be part of the squad. Rubbish. The reason Carra gives 100 per cent in every training session is because he is desperate to play.

"He will hate being stuck in a hotel room uncertain about whether he will play or not. In my opinion, he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

"I know for a fact the Italians and the Spaniards can't believe Carra isn't first choice at centre-half. We all think that at Melwood, too. Earlier this season, even the legendary Franco Baresi named Carra alongside John Terry as two of the best defenders in the world.

"Having seen the heroics Carra performed in helping Liverpool win the European Cup, the AC Milan legend is hardly a bad judge, is he?

"You'd be hard pressed to find four better defenders than Carra in the world. He must be given the platform his talents deserve."
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Carragher is number 1 !

Couldnt Agree more so under rated on a international level.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hahaha this makes me laugh.

I rate Carragher, but is a simple reason why he ain't number 1.

The person in charge of picking the team is not a Liverpool fan. End of.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Although I am biased I think Englands best defensive partnership is Terry and Carragher. Both proper defenders who will throw themselves at everything.

And how good is it to have Robbie back writing for the Echo!

Thanks
    Karma Level

in a world where sol campball still made the england squad and wesley brown is nowhere to be seen, i wouldnt be too suprised if people genuinely thought carragher was the best english central defender

laughable

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by honestDave

Sorry....but I didnt realise Franco Baresi was a Liverpool fan either, doesnt stop him recognising defensive power houses.

Quote Originally Posted by dave208
    in a world where sol campball still made the england squad and wesley brown is nowhere to be seen, i wouldnt be too suprised if people genuinely thought carragher was the best english central defender

laughable
    Wes Brown being anywhere near the England team is whats laughable. However I agree about Campbell...I dont think he has been good enough for 2/3 seasons now.

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: Carragher is number 1 !

I think the only thing stopping him being number 1 is his pace...lack of it

I think he is a honest, top class defender who is committed to not only England but his hometown club Liverpool and thats somthing i respect in a player TBH

I know he is injury prone etc etc but 1 of the best defenders i have seen in a lot of years was Jonathon Woodgate. thats just my opinion tho

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pointless debate really. It's never gonna happen while that cunt Ferdinand and Campbell are fit.

I personally think theres not much to choose between Campbell, Ferdinand or Carragher. But with Carragher you know you'll get the same performance every game whereas the other 2, can and often do, fuck up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Always regarded Carragher as a top class player, would love to see him partner Terry.

Fantastic Attitude the lad has.
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mark my words, Ferdinand will try to beat a player as opposed to clearing or passing the ball and get found out. At least once this WC. It is only a matter of time before it costs a goal.
    Last edited by gunner; 7th June 2006 at 06:23 PM.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

I like Carragher and he's probably a more consistent defender than Ferdinand. I think Carragher is a better defender than Neville and should defo be 1st choice RB, CB different equation but Terry and Ferdinand seems ok for now. As for Liverpool fans and Carragher, Alan Hansen recently said Carragher lacks that final yard to be a world beater, and he knows more than most about defending
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think Carragher is far better than Sol or Rio but i also think that Ledley King is a great defender too, not just because im a Spurs fan but because its true!

Lets not forget Dawson either........... give him a couple of years without serious injury and playing in Europe and he will be fighting for a place

In A World Of United's, City's, Town's, Rover's & Albion's There Is Only One Hotspur

Thanks
    Karma Level

its remarkable how well we are covered in those middle areas, where as up front we are desperate.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by webslinger2k
    its remarkable how well we are covered in those middle areas, where as up front we are desperate.
    We have centre backs coming out if our arses, by far our strongest area

In A World Of United's, City's, Town's, Rover's & Albion's There Is Only One Hotspur

Thanks
    Karma Level

Struggling for goalies now as well
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sol campbell is past his sell by date, like alan hansen said on MOTD "a few seasons ago he was top class because of his recovery pace" now hes lost that he seems not even half the player. Carra is just as if not more reliable than Terry but ferdinand has serious lapses of concentration look at the f ups this season compared to terry or carragher.

Terry & carra would be my choice but i reckon Rio and Terry will get the nod.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No point in changing Terry & Ferdinand, they do well together

Carragher should be RB IMO

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by honestDave

he must be a manc then thats the only possible reason he picks neville and ferdinand now thats a fucking joke,end of

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1
    he must be a manc then thats the only possible reason he picks neville and ferdinand now thats a fucking joke,end of
    Would you drop players who've been good servants to Ingerlund though?

I think Carragher is more consistent than both but you can't blame any boss for picking those 2 ahead of him

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty
    Would you drop players who've been good servants to Ingerlund though?

I think Carragher is more consistent than both but you can't blame any boss for picking those 2 ahead of him
    sentiment doesnt come into it u know that snotty, u play ur best 11 end of

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast