Close

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default please help me im fat

i need help basically im fat and i need to lose weight asap, yeah a woman is involved lol arent they always lol

so what im asking is for any info/tips on how i can lose the max amount of weight in the shortest amount of time, any links or anything that can help would be appreciated (and +K'd)

ive started atkins again this morning but im sure that if theres something better than that out there and if anyone will know then im sure you fellas will be the ones to ask, im not bothered about building muscles or anything i just want to drop a lot of weight, i can move on to that later

what do you think would be the most i could loose? and in what time frame, ive been on the weight watchers crap for a while now and only dropped a stone since chrimbo and my aim was and is 17 stone so basically ive got to loose another 5 stone and considering ive only got rid of 1 stone in 6 months it'll take me another 2 and a half years if i stay at weight watchers and i kinda need better results quicker,

btw im 6ft4 and 22stone not for much longer though (probably decide to stay 6ft 4 though thinking about it )

thanks for any help
    cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: please help me im fat

lmao... i would take a quick look at this thread and get your ammo ready

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=267888

To quote from it :

But no, they'd are too fucking lazy to bother reading back through the old threads so they just put "I'm fat, help me" "I want to get fit what should I do" etc. If you can't be fucked having a look back through previous posts what chance do you stand of mustering the motivation yourself into shape?
    At least you said please.... haha.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i lost a load of weight thanks to this forum this time last year. its a shame to say it all went back on due to a month of sick from work and daytime telly! but slowly but surely im getting back to it.

i found the only thing u do need to loose weight and a lot of it is will power. thats what im strugling with at the minute when i lost about 4-4and a half stone last year i really wanted to do it to proove to my self that i could but think now i know i can i just cant be asked! anyway basically i cut out all crap! no fizzy drinks, no nothing. just eat sensible i think i was having some fruit on way to work then a sanwich for lunch and my dinners where very bland and boring had a lot of pasta though which many people will tell u is bad for you in terms of loosing weight but it worked for me. had lots of jacket potatos with grilled chicken. i lost a good stone and a half in the first 3 weeks then was up to three stone by about a month and a half but then i just stoped loosing and the rest was worked of at the gym mate, all this talking about it is getting me going and im gonna get back to it tommorow i think!

Anyway this is my longest post ever and hope it helped! just basicaly in a nut shell cut out all crap from your diet

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol spence

what you can do is post what food you eat and what exercise you do. Don't forget you are what you eat and you'll get fat from doing nothing...

reading past threads helps, as there's lots of quality advice in there, but this info will be required too so a better diet and regime can be built up...

oh and atkins is shite, and no doubt weight watchers is too, although the essance of their plan makes sense, scoring foods...but dont pay for that advice, just understand more about nutrients, fats, caloires etc instead.
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Potatoes are high in carbs... go for chicken/tuna...
    Anyway, exercise and diet are a must! - not one, but BOTH. cut your calorie intake to less that the recommended average male intake of 2500 per day and fat to less that the recommended 90g (or thereabouts?) per day.
    Lots of cardio, but don't go mad - if you raise your pulse too high, your body will go into aerobic/anaerobic/cardio... You want to maintain your heart rate at about 60% of your MAXIMUM HEART RATE. To calculate this, do 220 minus your age in years. Many gym machines will have a pulse monitor to show your heart rate... Otherwise, just don't aim to tired yourself out so you can't breathe after 5 mins because you've fun as fast as you can on the treadmill... good for your heart, not too good for burning fat!

Thanks
    Karma Level

@spence -that was one of the reasons i called the thread what i did, lol i saw that when i did the search and it just stuck

for the past 6 months ive been on the weight watchers points diet and while it works its just working very slowly, ive been doing loads of walking too (a mile to work and back each day -i think im maybe a bit fat for the gym)

ive been out to the shed and got the exercise bike back out so im going to give it half an hour on there later tonight, i found some hand weights in there too so ive fetched them in, (going by the spiders in the shed though theyve been using them hehehehe)

other than the atkins diet (which worked for me in the past) is there anything else that works as quick cos after reading the abovce post ive went into the kitchen and worked out that most of the time the 20points ive been on have been equal to about 2500 calories (sometimes more but not often only when ive gone to 23/25 points a day) and it has worked (just not quick enough)

cas
    Last edited by casio; 26th June 2006 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

not giving advice here just asking a question here no matter how stupid it sounds but

would it be possible to live on protien shakes only? and have mrps with them once a day? or would it give you the squits.

joe

Thanks
    Karma Level

As said above a rough daily diet with times if possible would be really helpful, we can then pick it apart and throw it back at you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok
    breakfast -a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes

lunch- chicken sandwich and an apple mostly sometimes ive been having grated cheese and tommy sauce other times maybe a beef and onion sandwich (all fresh and home made on brown bread)

dinner/supper- this changes depending on what ive got in, yeah there are chips some days, but boiled potatoes and chicken breast are quite common, other days i have a salad and a burger or sausage and onions

i dont drink anymore, but do drink quite a bit of diet coke,

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

You should try and cut out all junky food, cut out the chips and burgers and cheese and ketchup sarnies. If you do want burgers then make them yourself with some lean steak mince, herbs and veg. bung it all in mix it up form patties and cook.
    Try and keep a regular intake of food, this will keep the metabolism going nd will therefore burn more fat, say have a small bit of food every 3 hours. When i say small i mean a handful of nuts and seeds and a banana. healthy and low in carbs. remember to keep your diet as healthy and balanced as you can.
    Keep water intake high, 3-4 litres a day.
    Aim to drop your calories down to 2200-2300 and keep the excersise up. keep walking to work and get on your bike for say 30-45 mins 3 times a week.

I am sure there is more stuff but i can't think of it at the moment.

And joey: yes, it would be possible but it wouldn't be healthy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

As we are on the topic of healthy foods i would just like to ask is diet coke any good for you and is it as healthy as they say?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was always told that diet coke was very unhealthy and just as bad if not worse than coke.

Diet Coke, regardless of how many calories it has, wreaks havoc on your fat loss efforts and will ultimately cause you to gain weight. There are two main reasons for the Diet Coke fallacy. First, the sweet taste from Diet Coke elicits an insulin spike, which blocks your ability to burn fat. Second, artificial sweeteners found in Diet Coke disrupt satiety, the feeling of being full. Combined, the actions of Diet Coke go against a healthy lifestyle. Understanding why ensures that we think twice before consuming it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

great then the last thing that im kinda enjoying is keeping me fatter than i aught to be so i guess its cya coke,

im not doing too bad on the atkins though, 3 days and according to the bathroom scales ive lost 5lb i know some if not all of that is fluid but it makes you feel good to see that after such a short space of time youve lost some weight,

ive been on the exercise bike every other day this week so far as well (sweating like a the fat bloke that i am although thats kinda satisfying lol)

cas

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Atkins deprives you of alot of nutrients, it's not a long term solution. You may lose some weight but you'll put it right back on when you switch back to your regular diet.

Get more fruit and vegetables, less processed food, learn how to cook healthier food that tastes good and that you can continue to enjoy into the future. It's easier than you think to make healthy, quick and tasty food.

And yeah, coke (diet or otherwise) is bad, mmmkay. Try juice instead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive bought a water filter in my lunch hour so im going on to that from now on, unless you lot tell me thats bad too lol

i went to the weight watchers meeting as well and according to them ive lost 9lb's since last week so im well happy, i thought it was just 5lb, i know the atkins isnt a long term solution (i can tell cos i feel a bit ill) but right now its doing the job and i couldnt be happier

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry to jump on this thread but I have one quick question.
    Along with following the advice on changing my diet and doing CV work I was wondering if a exercise bike at home would be sufficient. Not a strong runner due to an accident when I was younger but a exercise bike would be ideal to fit in with my work load etc. however if it's pointless I won't bother

Thanks Guy's

Thanks
    Karma Level

other than the hand weights ive got (havent used them yet) and the walking to an from work the exercise bike is all ive got and anything has to be better than nothing i would have thought

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, an excersise bike is good cv work, but it isn't as good as the real thing. if you have a bike i would suggest doing 2 of the 3 bike sesh's a week on it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe at a later stage I may get another real bike (last 2 stolen) but for now I'll grab an exercise bike. Cheers for the replies guy's

Casio, keep us updated on how your doing

Thanks
    Karma Level

will do m8,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks