Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Hong Kong arseholes

Bastards. Liek most on here, I stay well clear of Hong Kong, China, Nigeria etc.

Buuuuutttt, I just bought something, and (fair enough), the guy e-mailed me within 24 hours, saying that it been sent....by Hong Kong post...which will take 1-2 weeks.

Now...this isn't a problem, as I can wait a couple of weeks, but not once in the entire auction does it mention the word Hong or Kong. Nowhere. The seller is listed as being in the UK, and the item location is some shit like "we ship worldwide".

Downright snide and cheeky git. Shouldn't be a huge problem in reality....but the only worry is if I had to send it back, I'd have to pay international postage out of my own pocket, rather than royal mail.

Barstewards

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hong Kong arseholes

I actually find stuff i buy from Hong Kong arrives just as quick (if not, quicker) than it does from here.
    Mladen

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was hoping for some Hong Kong ladies getting it up the wrong un

skel28

I sent an MP3 player back to Hong Kong (the bloke was very surprised, I mean it did play MP3's, ok so the usb connector on it didn't work so all I could listen to was the demo track, he thought it was ok). It really didn't cost very much at all. I hope your gear is all ok.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had this a few times, still leave positive feedback, but mention it would of been nice to be told its coming from Hong Kong.

There is an upside though, got a pair of fake gucci cufflinks from hong kong, they were alright for fakes but a bit shit, so i told the guy i wasn't happy, sent another pair free, so now i have 2 pairs . Anyone in the uk would have probably asked for them back.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've bought quite a few things from HK + China off eBay without any hassles really, as long as you check out the guy's feedback and make sure he has lenty of it and from people in the UK you should be ok. There's one seller (Tradingoo or something) who i've bought about 3 filters from now for my camera and they've arrived in about 3 days, just can't go wrong.

As with any eBay auction, just be cautious and you'll be fine

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just bought a new D200 from HK, ordered on Friday - the same day as a couple of spare batteries from Sheffield or somewhere. Got the camera yesterday, no sign of the batteries though...go figure! But you're right about them not saying they are from overseas, been caught with that a few times.

BP
    How about a positive LSD story? Would you like to see a positive LSD story on the news to hear what's it all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting just once?

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather".

Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Get the item tracked (depending on value) to the door and not just to the country as last time I ordered from Hong Kong the guy said he never received the returned item , go figure !
    S.M.B

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've bought quite a few things from Hong Kong and all have arrived without problems...

Just a thought though, is it actually people living in hong-kong selling these or is it drop-shipping?!?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought stuff from Hong Knog and so far had no problems

Thanks
    Karma Level

i buy from hongkong all the time and the shipping is very fast, i always ask the seller a couple of questions before i bid on an item to see how quick and how well he responds and if its an expensive item i text some one on his feedback and ask them if they where happy with the item.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Erad
    Had this a few times, still leave positive feedback, but mention it would of been nice to be told its coming from Hong Kong.

There is an upside though, got a pair of fake gucci cufflinks from hong kong, they were alright for fakes but a bit shit, so i told the guy i wasn't happy, sent another pair free, so now i have 2 pairs . Anyone in the uk would have probably asked for them back.
    Noob here. I got the wrong phone battery sent from HK so he sent two as an apology and told me to keep the first one he sent for free. I ebayed the first one and got all the money I originally spent. They all came within a few days. I never noticed a difference really in waiting times.