Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Cyprus - Nissi Bay/Aiya Napa

Hi all,
    Off to Cyprus to Nissi Bay (just next to Aiya Napa) on Wendesday witht he girlfriend and was hoping some people can give any suggestions on thingsto do out there, any tips, warnings etc etc...

Cheers!
    John

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cyprus - Nissi Bay/Aiya Napa

Hello mate Noob here with my first post.

Ayia Napia is fab and the Keo beer is excellent. I'm surprised they don't sell it in this country. It's a clubbers paradise and the "square" is they place to go. Nissi beach which is heading out of the resort is the place to hang out during the day (west of the resort about one and a half miles). So you should be right on top of it. You’ll have a bit of a walk or a five minute taxi ride in to the clubs etc. A taxi should cost you about five Cypriot pounds which isn’t far of a fiver sterling.

Tbh you don't really get bothered with touts etc not like other resorts although don't get involved with arguments with the locals because the police will just lock you straight up.

It's gotten quite expensive over the last few years so really there's not much of a difference between this country and there so take plenty money. If you’re looking for somewhere quiet during the stay then head of to Protaras which is about five miles outside the resort. It's got some lovely little bays for snorkeling etc.

All in all it’s an excellent place to holiday but not cheap.

Enjoy yourself. If I can think of anything else I’ll edit this post. Hope I was of some help?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tosker
    Hello mate Noob here with my first post.

Ayia Napia is fab and the Keo beer is excellent. I'm surprised they don't sell it in this country. It's a clubbers paradise and the "square" is they place to go. Nissi beach which is heading out of the resort is the place to hang out during the day (west of the resort about one and a half miles). So you should be right on top of it. You’ll have a bit of a walk or a five minute taxi ride in to the clubs etc. A taxi should cost you about five Cypriot pounds which isn’t far of a fiver sterling.

Tbh you don't really get bothered with touts etc not like other resorts although don't get involved with arguments with the locals because the police will just lock you straight up.

It's gotten quite expensive over the last few years so really there's not much of a difference between this country and there so take plenty money. If you’re looking for somewhere quiet during the stay then head of to Protaras which is about five miles outside the resort. It's got some lovely little bays for snorkeling etc.

All in all it’s an excellent place to holiday but not cheap.

Enjoy yourself. If I can think of anything else I’ll edit this post. Hope I was of some help?
    Couldn't have put it better myself. I'll be in Cyprus in August for a couple weeks and can't wait to hit the clubs in Ayia Napa 8)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi,
    Cheers for the info... I've been to Ibiza for the past 2 years and am more into my dance/house etc music than RnB/garage etc... Are there many such places/clubs like this out there? Anything to compare with Ibiza?
    WE booked nissi bay for those exact reasons - to relax there during the day and to be able to go into aiya napa at night. When you say exxpensive, is that everything? ie, drinks, food, restaurants, etc etc?
    What about places to visit - any recommendations??

Cheers
    John.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes mate it is expensive but good quality. Mostly house and dance music so that shouldn't be a problem. Last time I was in Ibiza was 20 years ago so I can't compare sorry.

We hired a car and drove to Larnace etc but was a waste of time. I was told famugusta (spelling!) is a good place to visit. Apparently this I think is the border between north and south but I can't remember for sure. Apart from that we never really travelled as there's so much to do in Ayia Napa.

Don't be fooled though. It is clubby in Ayia Napia but there's lot's of things for couples too. It used to be mainly for clubbers but there's a good balance now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah well, we're both into clubbing so that's good!

Are the locals generally ok too or are they all out to mug you, lol!?

Weather looks like it should be ok though - http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...ode=1003774791

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by John Keymer
    Ah well, we're both into clubbing so that's good!

Are the locals generally ok too or are they all out to mug you, lol!?

Weather looks like it should be ok though - http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...ode=1003774791
    All locals in holiday hotspots want your money mate. They are really friendly though. I really rate the Cypriot people.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi,
    cheers for the help so far! Off tomorrow so doing some last minute stuff today, hehe!
    I read this on the BBC website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/...ia_napa2.shtml

Officially you're only allowed to bring C£100 into Cyprus but there are cashpoints all over the place so carrying plastic is a good way of accessing your money once you're there. Check to see if your bank at home will charge you for foreign transactions.
    How is this policed?!? Just I didn't know and went to the bank and got £300 cash and £400 travellers cheques, and the missus is also taking about £400 cash... What would happen if they checked and found this amount?? Never said anything about it at the bank!

Thanks
    Karma Level

ignorance is no excuse, they're only going to find it if they search you at the airport on the way in - which unless you're wasted or looking dodgy is unlikely

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by John Keymer
    hi,
    cheers for the help so far! Off tomorrow so doing some last minute stuff today, hehe!
    I read this on the BBC website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/...ia_napa2.shtml

How is this policed?!? Just I didn't know and went to the bank and got £300 cash and £400 travellers cheques, and the missus is also taking about £400 cash... What would happen if they checked and found this amount?? Never said anything about it at the bank!
    If your really bothered mate pay it back in and then withdraw it over there by cashpoint or "plug it" if you catch my drift?
    The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.

'Ben Stein'

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

swerve doing a day trip to the bathing pools of aphrodite... we drove all day half way up a mountain and what was it?... a stand pipe in the middle of no where.

Try and go into the mountains.. lovely for views etc and go have a wander round cape greko bout three miles from the other side of nappa from where you are going.

Swerve Larnaka... its full of squaddies (yes I was one).

try and get out of nappa as much as you can during the day as its over priced... you will find some lovely little eateries that are family run and dirt cheap on the outskirts, I would advice having a drive round as it is a truely beautiful place.

Pitty you are going with the Mrs... I have a list of gentlemans establishments as long as your arm... these are always good for entertainment
    Last edited by flanflinger; 5th July 2006 at 11:53 AM.
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

Thanks
    Karma Level

hehe. - I'll keep that in mind then! I'm not going to hire a car I don't think however I'm sure we'll be able to get taxis to such places...
    Ye, I had to go with her because I am also going on a lads holiday (9 of us) to Malia in September which went down like... well, you know!

I'm also hopin I can find a few clubs out there that are playing dance music - I'm not a big RnB/garage fan at all however I know it's pretty much all this! - If only I could afford Ibiza again this year, hehe!